Video: Farang singing the Thai National Anthem praised online

webfact

Nice to see him standing for the National Anthem at the Sunday market in Chiang mai (I believe) , I quite often indicate to foreigners to stand for the N/A , although I wouldnt go as far to tell them to sing it .

This is just a Fluke

8 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Tough language to learn. Good on him!

You hear the national athem twice a day, at some point you must get it.

If someone is not total ignorant about his host country, should have checked the meaning and maybe the wording, at least I did.

I don't expect it from the 14 day P....... (choose one) hordes though.

9 minutes ago, kannot said:

I hope we never meet..............indicating to  foreigners to stand..... sheesh!!

Some tourists are unaware of what is going on  , they dont know about standing for the N/A and I sometimes just indicate to them that they should be standing up .

Most are usually quite appreciative of my helping them 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kannot said:

I hope we never meet..............indicating to  foreigners to stand..... sheesh!!

You gotta respect the military junta's orders, you know. Phibun said so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_National_Anthem#Thai_Cultural_revolution

In 1939, when the name of the country was changed from Siam to Thailand, the competition was launched to create new lyrics, with those by Luang Saranupraphan winning. Thai Prime Minister Plaek Phibunsongkhram ordered the anthem to be played every day at 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM, and ordered the populace to stand up to show respect for the nation. 

• Like 2

I do the same any time I'm in cinema. Where's my <deleted> article? 5555

I started learning to read and write Thai a few years ago. Don't have time to learn new stuff now but try to practice writing with friends on 'fessbook'. It's a lovely language. 

3 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Just some doughboy moving his lips, average bar-bum trailer trash joe with big gut and tatts, it's all really rather comical and sad, like he's desperately trying to please, or he's been here a couple of weeks and is 'in love' with his new home.  What's with the wai at the end, and why is he facing the wrong way?

You sound like you've got a real cheerful outlook on life. I can only imagine you must be a fine specimen of a male to be levelling such critiques about someone's appearance?

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, chippendale said:

He looks flabby, decrepit, slightly senile and dresses like a vagrant on a 10-year overstay, so his effort at slavishly mouthing the words of the national anthem deserves our mild applause. Good boy.

a good thing a farang with that description did not commit a crime and wanted by police, damn, where would they start?

if he learned the song and wants to sing it, good for him. 

Edited by atyclb

4 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Just some doughboy moving his lips, average bar-bum trailer trash joe with big gut and tatts, it's all really rather comical and sad, like he's desperately trying to please, or he's been here a couple of weeks and is 'in love' with his new home.  What's with the wai at the end, and why is he facing the wrong way?

bite your lips, i resemble that remark!

8 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Yes, once upon a time I too used to be enamored with the Thai National Anthem thinking it is cute at certain times of the day. Fact is I couldn't even sing my own if I had a gun put to my head. . 

the national anthem that has me enamored is the Kazakhstan Anthem.  worth learning

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, DrTuner said:

You gotta respect the military junta's orders, you know. Phibun said so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_National_Anthem#Thai_Cultural_revolution

Exactly why I wont stand, how can any of them respect the junta.......well of course its  all done thru fear and propaganda

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

The Thai people are peace-loving,
But they are no cowards at war.
They shall allow no one to rob them of their independence,
Nor shall they suffer tyranny.
All Thais are ready to give up every drop of blood
For the nation’s safety, freedom and progress.

Hmmmmmmmmm where to start with the criticism????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kannot said:

Exactly why I wont stand, how can any of them respect the junta.......well of course its  all done thru fear and propaganda

Although standing for the N/A is to show your respect to the Country , not as support or defiance to any political cause .

If you have no respect for Thailand as a Country , you really should move on somewhere else .

I say the same thing to disrespectful foreigners in my Country , if you dont like it, dont stay

• Like 1

6 hours ago, namatjira said:

Love the long camouflage pants, match’s his sandals quite nicely.

yes, well dressed......obviously a follower of fashion.

‘Fashion’ is for the most of the farang wearing a Chang or Singhashirt.  ????