UK NHS Pension holders only

BobBKK

14 hours ago, Daffy D said:

I believe you have to be 65.

Have you actually made an application ?

https://www.gov.uk/state-pension-age

You are mixing up state pension and NHS pension.  All the paperwork has been completed for my NHS pension and a letter received stating the amounts to be paid. Nothing received so far and wondering if anyone else has had the same thing.

I did say in the title 'UK NHS Pension Holders only'. Nothing to do with the state pension due at 65.

2 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Well you got me there!

Didn't know there were two kinds of pension available. 

:omfg:

I am guessing he worked for the NHS just as there is (apparently) a separate teachers pension, armed forces, fire service etc

6 hours ago, BobBKK said:

You are mixing up state pension and NHS pension.  All the paperwork has been completed for my NHS pension and a letter received stating the amounts to be paid. Nothing received so far and wondering if anyone else has had the same thing.

I did say in the title 'UK NHS Pension Holders only'. Nothing to do with the state pension due at 65.

Receiving mine ok - suggest phoning them, they are very helpful

On 10/4/2018 at 2:27 PM, canopus1969 said:

Receiving mine ok - suggest phoning them, they are very helpful

I got the letter... "you will receive ............. lump sum on 1st Sept' but it never came. Also the Monthly amount (in arrears so should have been 1st Oct). I have emailed them and got a long email asking security question, which i have now answered. So let's see what happened.

Getting the letter detailing the payment then nothing is the thing that caught me out.

On 10/4/2018 at 8:59 AM, Daffy D said:

Well you got me there!

Didn't know there were two kinds of pension available. 

:omfg:

ok...  police?  teachers?  firemen?  council staff?  +++   all these occupational pensions are separate from the 'Old Age Pension' at 65 (which I will also get eventually).  I guess you're not from UK and/or the public sector. We live and learn  ???? 

24 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Got my NHS pension at 51, reduced of course. No problem but you have to apply for it. It's not automatic. Talk to the payroll/pension office in your last place of work.

Hi, yes I thought about getting the 'reduced' @50 but hung on to 60.  Applied three months ago and got confirmation letters and my copies of divorce papers and birth certificate returned to me (had to supply those).

Then I received a letter detailing my payments and dates. Then NOTHING so I'm curious to know why.  I'm guessing it's a bank transfer problem but I don't know.  I'll post back here for the curious  ???? 

I got my NHS pension in 2011 @ 59 (reduced),the day left work I was handed a cheque for my lump sum. I think the pension is paid 1 month in arrears,mine into my uk Bank.It may take longer if you are having it paid into your Thai Bank,you should also receive an ADVICE OF PAYMENTS letter as attached after every annual increase or any change in your tax.

Screenshot_20181006-120140_Gallery.jpg

UPDATE - email from NHS Pensions UK:

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that we are currently processing your pension application and we are awaiting confirmation from our overseas payroll provider, Citibank, that the bank details you provided with your application are correct before payment is made.

Once this is confirmed, we will start the payment of your pension.

Archived