foreign bank account

I have a foreign bank account with Bangkok bank in GBP sterling.

My question is when I renew my retirement visa extension can I use foreign bank account as proof of 800k in my Thai bank ?

My bank will supple me with a letter saying the balance in the foreign bank account is over 800k in Thai baht in value but in GBP sterling.

My Immigration Office is Pathum Thani.

Thanks in advance 

I think it best to clarify this a bit, because there may be a misunderstanding about the account you are talking about.

If you have a foreign currency account opened with Bangkok Bank in Thailand, you can freely use this to satisfy the financial requirements for an extension. However, if you (say) opened an account with Bangkok Bank in London, I am pretty sure this would not qualify. For the money in the bank option for an extension, the money must be physically on deposit in Thailand.

18 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I think it best to clarify this a bit, because there may be a misunderstanding about the account you are talking about.

If you have a foreign currency account opened with Bangkok Bank in Thailand, you can freely use this to satisfy the financial requirements for an extension. However, if you (say) opened an account with Bangkok Bank in London, I am pretty sure this would not qualify. For the money in the bank option for an extension, the money must be physically on deposit in Thailand.

The foreign bank account was opened here in Thailand, the GBP sterling. was transferred from my UK bank into Bangkok Bank in Thailand.

7 hours ago, dayo202 said:

The foreign bank account was opened here in Thailand, the GBP sterling. was transferred from my UK bank into Bangkok Bank in Thailand.

Immigration will accept a foreign currency account. When the bank does the letter it must state the amount in baht based upon the exchange rate for the day the letter is written,

• Thanks 1