Spaying a Cat

I was just wondering if there are any Thai Visa Users that have experience with this. Main thing I want to figure is general cost. I need to do this for my cat soon and I am worried as a farang about getting ripped off.  If any users out there have experience with this I was wondering what would be a fair price for this type of procedure.

Thanks.

A pregnant female cat gave birth to 4 kittens under or house and then abandoned them when they were a couple of months old. What could we do? 2 females and two males we didn't really want but ....  To ensure it doesn't happen again we took them to a vet yesterday. 1000b for a female, 600b for a male plus extras for food, cat litter and 3 nights care while they keep the wounds clean. We are into 4000b for 4 cats.

Yesterday we had three done in a vet in Ban Ampur, the cost was B800 for the boy and B750 for the girls,  Vets in Pattaya typically charge B1000 each, one of the big Vet clinics in Pattaya charge up to  B2500 depending on weight.

No need to keep them at the vet they all have satellite dishes on their necks for a week so they cant pull the stitches out, we take it off so they can eat and put it back when they have eaten. Had maybe 20 cats done over the years.

Sat Dish Cats.jpg

SatDishcats2.jpg

Go to your local Govt. veterinary clinic. Book your cat in  and they will do it for free. Catch is that you will then need to look after her, put a collar on her, and keep her in a cage for a week or two. Then remove the stitches yourself or get the vet to do it ($$$).

Had many cats and dogs spayed. Males normally about 600, females about 1000, dogs somewhat more, depending on weight. Did this in BKK and Songkhla province. Vet clinics are overcharging. My daughter just had spayed some cats for free (BKK); practice for medical students.

My local Vet..

Toms (at 8 months) - 400bt each for 2 (normally 500 each).

Queen (at 6 months) - 800bt - but she did a runner from the vet when she woke up after the anesthetic so we didn't have to pay.  She finally turned up and was handed back in to the same Vet (luckily) 8 weeks later, but they still waived the fee.

Prices would have been a little more if they were bigger since I understand the anesthetic is the expensive bit, and the amount used depends on the cat's weight.

I paid ฿1000 to get my cat spayed.

Now in the US, the norm is they are spayed around 6 weeks.

I had to really strongarm my Thai vet to do it at 12 weeks. They still seem in general to adhere to that old practise that you don't spay them until after their first heat.

Our local vet will do a tomcat for 300 baht, job done in 30 minutes.

A queen one vet 800 baht another 1000 baht, both say bring them in the morning, take them home in the evening,

Try and not feed the cat for 8-10 hours before the op , not easy, they will react to the general anesthetic, by being sick all over the place 

Archived