Video: A British pensioner's shame! Stole his neighbor's mattress and cash while he was away

webfact

Why do these "suspects" agree to do these reenactments?

Is it like, plead guilty and you get a lesser sentence?

Sure makes them look guilty.

Seems like if these scumbags wanted to appear innocent, they wouldn't want to do public photo shoots of the crime in action...

What's the deal here? 

On 10/4/2018 at 2:50 PM, darksidedog said:

If you look at the third photograph in the article, you can see bundles of money. All of them are 20 Pound notes, with the Queens head on.

Euros do not have the Queens head on. You might also want to re read the article as it says: 

When Mr Stephen came back from a trip to Cambodia on Saturday he found that 3,000 UK pounds and his mattress were missing. 

Note, UK Pounds, not Euros. So your reply here and to my original post are both as incorrect as the Chief of Police, who also it seems, can't tell the difference between currencies.

The chief of police can understandably be forgiven.    Not sure about Brits making the same mistake.

On 10/4/2018 at 5:04 PM, mikosan said:

The Police chief in the video does not have parachute wings on his shirt, that's the first one I've ever seen without them

After this catch he will .

On 10/4/2018 at 9:02 PM, greenmonkey said:

Can someone explain to me why they feel the need to make these videos and reanactments... what purpose do they serve?

So other potential criminal scumbags can see them and learn that crime  will only lead to your place being invaded by Thai cops .  I find it fascinating. 

10 hours ago, balo said:

So other potential criminal scumbags can see them and learn that crime  will only lead to your place being invaded by Thai cops .  I find it fascinating. 

Do you know that point never occured to me! I always thought it was the police's way of giving themselves a pat on the back and a little bit of self-promotion. Cheers