Moto GP Thailand

soihok

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/4/2018 at 1:29 PM, 1sickpuppy said:

i am subscribed & watch it on net hd  and see all the race not a couple of bends each to there own

So you've obviously never been to the track then.

On 10/4/2018 at 2:13 PM, Toosetinmyways said:

According to Valentino Rosso. (He should know)

Two long straights with bends at the the ends ,not my type of circuit. Should not even be on the moto circuit. In the middle of nowhere with no atmosphere.

Another one who has never actually been to the track.

15 hours ago, rodney earl said:

Sounds like a good time to be off the roads when it is on. I can think of many other places I would rather be. Dont forget your ear plugs for the LOUD music that they play at all of these type of events.!!

Do you seriously think they play music whilst the bikes are out on the track?

11 hours ago, lipflipper said:

One and done. Newin got his wishes and the result is a co..ck up of epic proportions. Try getting to the venue itself on the roads, try making your way around Buriram this weekend, try getting accommodations that are less than two hours from Buriram. Those who took the money from Newin will have the world laughing in their faces once this farce is over.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well I managed to get to the venue today without any problem and my accommodation is 46 minutes from the track.

Wife was there yesterday and said was full off foreigners . She said there was army and police everywhere making sure everyone was being looked after and helped. Prices for water etc were normal prices , plenty to do in and around the track , she was even shocked by the staff cleaning the toilets 24/7 .

The BT commentators were saying they were very impressed with the venue , track and said the way in was bit hairy but hey its Thailand they said. I watched practice yesterday which I usually never do and it was quite good as everyone was out on track as its new so I guess they were all wanting to get to know it better. Times were all within a good spread also so I reckon will make for a good race and the wide parts will make for a lot of passes . Definitely going next year .

Wife was there yesterday and said was full off foreigners . She said there was army and police everywhere making sure everyone was being looked after and helped. Prices for water etc were normal prices , plenty to do in and around the track , she was even shocked by the staff cleaning the toilets 24/7 .
The BT commentators were saying they were very impressed with the venue , track and said the way in was bit hairy but hey its Thailand they said. I watched practice yesterday which I usually never do and it was quite good as everyone was out on track as its new so I guess they were all wanting to get to know it better. Times were all within a good spread also so I reckon will make for a good race and the wide parts will make for a lot of passes . Definitely going next year .
All sounds good but think I will be sticking to Malaysia as it's much easier to get to from Phuket, next year will add a few days in KL.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

All sounds good but think I will be sticking to Malaysia as it's much easier to get to from Phuket, next year will add a few days in KL.

Im sure I remember hearing it was being removed from a calendar due to the costs of holding it. I cant remember if was MOTO GP or F1 . quite possibly F1 as it always seems a washout with rain.

These blokes on 4 wheels don't like rain much !! ????

Im sure I remember hearing it was being removed from a calendar due to the costs of holding it. I cant remember if was MOTO GP or F1 . quite possibly F1 as it always seems a washout with rain. These blokes on 4 wheels don't like rain much !! [emoji3] 

It was the last F1 race last year(loved it and the track and view was awesome) no one likes rain in F1 or Motogp but it does make for excitement! Silverstone's Motogp race was a washout.

On 10/4/2018 at 4:37 PM, Nanaplaza666 said:

Maybe next time you should ask Valentino Rossi i think he will know better then Valentino Rosso 

I have heard Rosso makes a great pasta sauce not sure about his 2 wheeled skills though.

I think it’s awesome and wish I’d heard of it earlier then I’d be there.

When I heard about It checked to see where / distance from Udon Thani Road Trip!. Read a post that hotels were full up. So next year I will plan earlier. 

You’ve got to give the organizer a chance to show themselves before making doubts...... Good on them! 

If if anyone knows approximate time it will be on TV please post.

When I heard about It checked to see where / distance from Udon Thani Road Trip!. Read a post that hotels were full up. So next year I will plan earlier. 

You’ve got to give the organizer a chance to show themselves before making doubts...... Good on them! 

9am this morning moto3

11 hours ago, nahkit said:

Well I managed to get to the venue today without any problem and my accommodation is 46 minutes from the track.

That must be that waitress's place, the one who works at the Buriram hotel? 

1 hour ago, DJ54 said:

Warm ups start tomorrow at 8.40 am . Moto 3 race 11 am , moto 2 12.20 pm , moto gp 2pm

Lorenzo is out of the race after his highside in first practice, creating new injuries, as well as aggravating the old ones he received last time out. May miss Motegi in a fortnight too.

Marquez crashed in 2nd practice but is unhurt (bummer).

1 hour ago, Media1 said:

It ain't the best track. But for Thais it's the best. Honestly who designed it. Boring track 

How do you work that out have you rode it.

Every track needs to be different, it don't look that bad and can be improved if necessary.

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

How do you work that out have you rode it.

Every track needs to be different, it don't look that bad and can be improved if necessary.

No but my mate has and we dont like that boring track. Valentino is right. It's a terrible track. Each to there own.

Looks like it’s all going well and pretty well organised...watching from England arrive Thailand next week....whatever happens it ain’t gonna be anything as bad as the U.K. round this year...... 5 million gbp spent in February to resurface Silverstone only to find out it don’t drain the water????????????????????????

17 hours ago, Media1 said:

No but my mate has and we dont like that boring track. Valentino is right. It's a terrible track. Each to there own.

Just interested in opinions is it because it's flat or the straights.

My opinion would be there's no elevation.

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Just interested in opinions is it because it's flat or the straights.

My opinion would be there's no elevation.

Was a good race today. A couple of bikes out. But a hard fought battle. Track has no elevation and lacks excitement 

It's in the middle of nowhere also

21 hours ago, taninthai said:

Looks like it’s all going well and pretty well organised...watching from England arrive Thailand next week....whatever happens it ain’t gonna be anything as bad as the U.K. round this year...... 5 million gbp spent in February to resurface Silverstone only to find out it don’t drain the water????????????????????????

Sheeee

Archived