Moto GP Thailand

soihok

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/12/2018 at 3:29 PM, KhunHeineken said:

Example: I do not wish to wait 20 minutes in a queue for a beer or a snack or 1 hour or more for a bus or taxi to get to and from the track.

very quick service in the Chang tent for a beer, no Leo though 555(50 baht) and no waiting to get a burger(60baht) or any other food in on all the CP food stands.

I drove my own car but noticed a big GRAB car tent at the entrance with a few cars with GRAB logo's on them so I think taxi's were well covered

hope that helps

16 hours ago, jay1980 said:

very quick service in the Chang tent for a beer, no Leo though 555(50 baht) and no waiting to get a burger(60baht) or any other food in on all the CP food stands.

I drove my own car but noticed a big GRAB car tent at the entrance with a few cars with GRAB logo's on them so I think taxi's were well covered

hope that helps

Thanks for the information.

Sounds like the event was well run.  I'll be going next year for sure.  Only problem may be securing accommodation, so I will have to look at all options.

I asked this question in the other thread but this thread might be more appropriate.  Are the grandstand tickets numbered seats, so you can arrive at anytime and get your seat, or it's simply first in gets to sit where they want? 

Sounds like the event was well run.  I'll be going next year for sure.  Only problem may be securing accommodation, so I will have to look at all options.

I asked this question in the other thread but this thread might be more appropriate.  Are the grandstand tickets numbered seats, so you can arrive at anytime and get your seat, or it's simply first in gets to sit where they want? 
Plenty of accommodation close to the track if you book early enough.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

56 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

I was in a Side-stand which was a free for everyone who had access to that side stand, just after turn 1, not sure about the seated grandstands, but the side-stand was fun, everyone was standing and cheering, the race is not long enough to need to sit down anyway 555

16 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Plenty of accommodation close to the track if you book early enough.

yes, good advise book early if you can, I only got my passes confirmed a couple of weeks before and ended up staying 90KM from the track, however it was a pleasant drive and didn't distract from the weekend.

7 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

Are the grandstand tickets numbered seats, so you can arrive at anytime and get your seat, or it's simply first in gets to sit where they want? 

No. Your grandstand ticket gets you into the grandstand.

Where you sit is up to what seats are not sat in when you arrive there.

Friday and Saturday there were plenty of seats all over the grandstand. Sunday was a different story. I ended up in row I / J about half way up. I did get there a bit late, but in hindsight, was a better spot then B / C rows that I was in before.  Start / finish right in front of you. Turn 4 and 5 clearly visible as well as the last turn into the start / finish straight.

If you are going next year, Book NOW for hotel ????

15 hours ago, Thai Chi said:

No. Your grandstand ticket gets you into the grandstand.

Where you sit is up to what seats are not sat in when you arrive there.

Friday and Saturday there were plenty of seats all over the grandstand. Sunday was a different story. I ended up in row I / J about half way up. I did get there a bit late, but in hindsight, was a better spot then B / C rows that I was in before.  Start / finish right in front of you. Turn 4 and 5 clearly visible as well as the last turn into the start / finish straight.

If you are going next year, Book NOW for hotel ????

I just had a look on Agoda and put in the provisional 2019 calendar dates.  ZERO availability.  I then put in dates a few weeks earlier and there was availability, so the Agoda website isn't down.  

Is it possible that all the accommodation in the whole city is already booked out, 12 months in advance?  If it is, and suggestions?   

Booking.com shows 0 results as well. Couple of possibilities, all rooms are booked or some rooms are being held back until closer to the event. If that is the case, expect a steep rise in prices compared to the norm.

You will also find that people will start advertising their private properties as the event gets closer.

There is also a fair bit of construction going on around town at the moment. My guess is that there will be quite a few more places to stay come October 2019.

Booking.com shows 0 results as well. Couple of possibilities, all rooms are booked or some rooms are being held back until closer to the event. If that is the case, expect a steep rise in prices compared to the norm.

You will also find that people will start advertising their private properties as the event gets closer.

There is also a fair bit of construction going on around town at the moment. My guess is that there will be quite a few more places to stay come October 2019.
I looked n booking.com yesterday and plenty of accommodation.

1 hour ago, Badrabbit said:

Checked again a few minutes ago and lots of accommodation not far from the track.

Badrabbit, could you pls share your search criteria, I have just tried again and got 1 room in Surin !!!

11 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

I just had a look on Agoda and put in the provisional 2019 calendar dates.  ZERO availability.  I then put in dates a few weeks earlier and there was availability, so the Agoda website isn't down.  

Is it possible that all the accommodation in the whole city is already booked out, 12 months in advance?  If it is, and suggestions?   

WOW im back on line after 10 days of being suspended for speaking true and honest sorry if i offend any over sensitive people.

Sorry I just entered the correct dates and only the campsite looks available, I'm guessing all the accommodation has been taken off so they can charge a fortune nearer the time, I will be going to Malaysia so much easier and cheaper!!

Go to both mate.
Korat is about 160km away from the track.
There are loads of hotels there.
Either hire a car or pay for a driver for the day.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Go to both mate.
Korat is about 160km away from the track.
There are loads of hotels there.
Either hire a car or pay for a driver for the day.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

No thanks, sepang is a few kms from where we are staying, why on this earth would I want to travel 160kms each way on sat and sun, thats just crazy!

2 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

No thanks, sepang is a few kms from where we are staying, why on this earth would I want to travel 160kms each way on sat and sun, thats just crazy!

No, it's called riding for the ride, not just a destination dude.

We only live once, if you have the time, RIDE!

10 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

I did exactly that, Sat and Sun...Korat to Buriram and back. 
The ride is not a problem in itself. The issue for me was that I had to leave the track around 4.30-5pm to be in Korat by sundown. I hate riding at night. 
I did have a guesthouse booked a few km from the track, but they decided to cancel my booking saying they had to fix a leaking roof. yeah right. That was 3 months before the race and by then everything was long booked out in Buriram. 

11 hours ago, OmegaRacer said:

I did exactly that, Sat and Sun...Korat to Buriram and back. 
The ride is not a problem in itself. The issue for me was that I had to leave the track around 4.30-5pm to be in Korat by sundown. I hate riding at night. 
I did have a guesthouse booked a few km from the track, but they decided to cancel my booking saying they had to fix a leaking roof. yeah right. That was 3 months before the race and by then everything was long booked out in Buriram. 

sounds to me that they re booked your room for a lot more money, toe rags.

sounds to me that they re booked your room for a lot more money, toe rags.
I had a similar issue, i booked cheap flights and accom in Buriram within a week of the Motogp being announced. A week or so after i made the booking i received an email from the hotel saying they did not have a room for me (b.s! i'm sure they realized they could get heaps more $ for that weekend). Of course by then there were no rooms in my price range available in Buriram. I ended up in a cabin close to Surin, cheap and nasty, but did the job. I found access to and from the track so much easier than expected (hire car) so would have no problem staying out of town again next time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Archived