British passport countersignatory

Hi all

This is an appeal to all experienced heads out there in this 

Officially all applications for first British passports require a professional countersignatory who has known (in this case my child) for at least 2 years. No problem so far as my girlfriend knows many people who could do this for her. The problem arises with the other qualification, this being the individual themselves needs to hold a British, euro, aus, NZ or Irish passport

we don't have anyone that could do this 

any other couples out there that have been in similar position?

how did you deal with this?

is this rule inflexibly applied by those that decide the outcome of the passport application 

many thanks in in advance for any and all contributions 

The requirement is that the person countersigning the application and photo needs to be in good standing in the community, though the range of people permitted to sign is pretty wide.
This link provides the details, https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passport-applications/accepted-occupations-for-countersignatories
As a retired established Civil Servant I have the dubious honour of being able to perform this task and have done so on a number of occasions.
In doing so I have to provide my details and a contact number and am aware that I’m committing a criminal offence if I make a false declaration, I’ve never been contacted, but I am aware of one or two that have.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Archived