Trump likely to win whether or not Kavanaugh is confirmed

webfact

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Im my small mind political sloganeering does not equate to the Kav situation. But hey, Im more interested in shaving soaps and curry right now.

Sure - when Trump and Trump supporters do such things, it never means anything. Just locker room talk, political slogans and the like. The poster I was replying to, though, seems to put a whole lot of stock in slogans he asserts belong to the other side. Yet another pointless deflection post.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, riclag said:

The Mantra of the Far Left before and during the committee meetings

"We Will Stop At Nothing".

Decent American's are sick of the search and destroy mission tactics of the resistance and those who support it,MSM,Dem's and Far left. 

So beyond the usual rhetoric, would you support a constitutional amendment that basically says "The President shall not appoint any Supreme Court Justices within the last calendar year of their Presidency to ensure the voters have a say in the direction of the Court" or words to that effect? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, beechguy said:

Ford couldn't even get her story straight after 35 years, what else did you expect them to find? 

Yep... trump said she couldn’t get her story together.... what a disgusting person he showed himself to be with his mockery (Sorry... proved himself to be)

but I ask you, with some proven 5000 lies to date, can you really believe him?

• Sad 1

Everything is planned out for him.  He is the goofball that is in place to soften the historical record of America's wrongdoings in the world.

The last one was Bush he acted like a dick and suddenly the staging of 9/11 doesn't look so bad when the president can't spell potato or operate basic doors.

Edited by johnray
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Morch said:

Sure - when Trump and Trump supporters do such things, it never means anything. Just locker room talk, political slogans and the like. The poster I was replying to, though, seems to put a whole lot of stock in slogans he asserts belong to the other side. Yet another pointless deflection post.

But these threads ultimately are pointless, yes? Trump bad. Trump good. You bad. No you bad. Etc.

1 hour ago, JCauto said:

So beyond the usual rhetoric, would you support a constitutional amendment that basically says "The President shall not appoint any Supreme Court Justices within the last calendar year of their Presidency to ensure the voters have a say in the direction of the Court" or words to that effect? 

That sounds like a good idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCauto said:

6 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

That sounds like a good idea.

I don't have an objection to it. But I think it seems these things now need to be codified and regularized. Up until the last 10 years or so, Americans could rely on the institutions and their standards and norms to ensure fair process, but with the polarization that has happened the equilibrium that kept politics polite and relatively centrist has evaporated. The wild swings in policy and continued destruction of the checks and balances have already germinated the seeds of America's downfall. This will be painful, but was perhaps inevitable and needed as we shift from raw capitalism in its ultimate and corrupt form (corporatism) to the next phase.

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

Yep... trump said she couldn’t get her story together.... what a disgusting person he showed himself to be with his mockery (Sorry... proved himself to be)

but I ask you, with some proven 5000 lies to date, can you really believe him?

please tell me what US president you believed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, iroc4life said:

The limited people who think like you are the reason Trump will regain more Repub seats next month and likely new term in 2020. You are the minority but the loudest protesters who protest everything and stop at nothing. The worst part is you r blind and following these traitors without any evidence what so ever. Although there is a lot of sarcasm in here ???? 

I think atyclb was being ironic....

1 hour ago, MrPatrickThai said:

please tell me what US president you believed.

I believed I asked something akin to ; with 5000 lies, can you believe the POTUS?

i don’t think I suggested that I believed anyone other than Christine Blasey Ford.

Your question is irrelevant because im not trying to cite lies as facts.... and there’s only one serving president of the US at a time.... who is a demonstrable liar.... representing the American people

if forced to answer, I would need as much time to consider those other president’s behavior, as I have had to consider trumps behavior, which I’m sure you could understand

or.... are you simply trying to say that all your presidents are liars, like trump?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Trump will win because he's done a great job, nothing to do with this Kavanaugh guy.

Just look at the unemployment figures, the stock market etc. What a great start Trump has made considering he's had to clean up after the worst president, OK equal with baby Bush.

I don't care about Kavanaugh, much ado about nothing..

And... the surveys say.... Donald is the WORST president in history.... and....  Obama is ranked amongst the top 25% of presidents.

damn!

But... but.... trump hasn’t finished his first term!.... you cry.

That’s OK... don’t worry, Obama suffered two surveys during his first term, according to this report... lol... yer... both times he scored way better than trump in a similar situation, as did the other presidents who were surveyed prior to ending their first term.

Please remember. these surveys are American surveys, so that’s what Americans think of your presidents... that’s what your countrymen say, not me.... I’m just trying to educate the ignorance outta you. ????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_presidents_of_the_United_States

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, riclag said:

The Mantra of the Far Left before and during the committee meetings

"We Will Stop At Nothing".

Decent American's are sick of the search and destroy mission tactics of the resistance and those who support it, MSM, Dem's and Far left. 

When facing evil you SHOULD stop at nothing. Trump fast tracked this nominee down the throats of the American people for purely personal reasons. June 2018 the Supreme Court agreed to hear Gamble vs. US which would protect a sitting president from prosecution at the state level once his term is up for crimes he committed where he pardoned himself at the federal level. Kavanaugh clearly indicated he would vote in favor of protecting Trump when voting for this decision.  Decent Americans are sick of the political games being played by crooked politicians to protect their criminal activities at the expense of taxpayers.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

It used to be that when the liberals wanted to smear someone you just called them a racist. Now the lefto weirdos have used that tactic some much it no longer works so they add on "woman molester" "bully" and "tax criminal".........but the voters see thru these crybaby tactics so then they started saying he's "got ties to Russia", he's a Russian agent !......that didn't work either so then finally you try to resort to guilt by accusing Trump voters of being "deplorables"... just give up.

Watching you losers have public meltdowns like this, it's sad....I'm no longer laughing at you and instead feel sorry for ya bruh.

I am not your bruh, I don't mix with people like you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, atyclb said:

interesting.  any tv legal scholars care to weigh in on this??

Sure. For our American brethren, to win that one would be like the Browns going undefeated and winning the Superbowl. For our non American brethren, it would be like the Turks and Caicos winning the World cup twice in a row 6-0.

3 hours ago, Trouble said:

What was a disgrace was not Kavanaugh's actions but those of the Senators. You want the truth, there was no truth to the hearings. The whole hearing process is flawed.  Five minutes for each to ask questions then the other side 5 minutes, back and forth and start over again.  In most cases in these hearing (not just for Kavanaugh) the members of Congress spend more time posturing for political purposes than asking questions which would elicit information on which to make a decision.  It's a joke.  The Dems in this case used so much of their time praising or knocking or reading their prepared notes they missed out on the opportunity to ask relevant question.  If one never saw the need for term limits, it was clearly visible during the hearings why we do need them.  We seem to have a bunch of fools in Congress who seem to do nothing more than posture for the next election.  It's certainly not about public service.

If we have reached the point where anyone can be turned against by the mob with just an accusation, we are really in trouble. Certainly men in the work place better start affording themselves protection and never be alone in an office with a woman.   

The criticism above would be a tad more believable if weren't for it being aired mostly on occasions when the "other side" (whichever "other side") scores a point, puts a stick and the wheels or whatever. These points are rarely raised when one's supported side gets its way.

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

I see that as a major problem. I relate to folks based on the content of their character as opposed to their politics, which, like religion is personal. America has become tribal and thats sad.

At least, you claim you do. On these topics? Not so much.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

I see that as a major problem. I relate to folks based on the content of their character as opposed to their politics, which, like religion is personal. America has become tribal and thats sad.

I don't mix with people who support a racist woman molester, that is about character, nothing to do with politics. You guys are so obsessed by left and right that you ignore character.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Even leaving the alledged sexual misconduct, drinking and lies out of the equation...the man is a disaster.

A too far right Christian zealot that opposes separation of State and church. Wants mandatory Christian prayer in public schools. Is anti-choice and against abortion. And believes a sitting POTUS is above the law. 

Doubly troubling as one of Trumps picks should never have happened as Merrick Garland should have been approved under Obama. Trump vowed to put pro-life on the court and wants to overturn Roe v Wade. :post-4641-1156693976:

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Morch said:

At least, you claim you do. On these topics? Not so much.

Id share a beer with anyone and have a civil conversation. I dont think that I am particularly uncivil, maybe smarmy and sarcastic but not uncivil. I only have about three dudes here on ignore, thats pretty good...

I like everybody until they act like dicks. And even then its like, right on dude, smoke this here and have a Chang.

And how folks think about moi? I am MIllwall!

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

I don't mix with people who support a racist woman molester, that is about character, nothing to do with politics. You guys are so obsessed by left and right that you ignore character.

Somehow character and politics can be an oxymoron.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1