PM Prayut to attend important international meetings throughout October

webfact

PM to attend important international meetings throughout October

PNPOL611004001002001.jpg

BANGKOK, 5 October 2018 (NNT) – Thailand's Prime Minister is scheduled to attend several important international meetings in October to strengthen Thailand’s foreign relations and drive development in accordance with ASEAN agendas. 

Director-General of Information and Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson Bussadee Santipitak revealed that this October 8-9 Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-ocha will take part in the 10th Mekong – Japan Summit, which is to discuss the direction of cooperation under the Indo-Pacific Strategy, Sustainable Development Goals and the ACMECS 5 year plan. The Tokyo 2018 Strategy has established three pillars for cooperation, namely; development of efficient connections, the building of societies with citizens at their core and promotion of awareness for a green Mekong Sub-Region. 

The PM is also be granted an audience with the emperor of Japan, hold multilateral talks with the Prime Minister of Japan and meet with members of the Japan-Mekong Parliamentary Friendship Association. Gen Prayut is to use all the opportunities to assert Thailand’s determination to work with Japan as a partner for development. 

On October 11 the PM will take part in the ASEAN Leader's Gathering taking place under the topic “Overcoming the Development Gap through Regional and Global Cooperation” in Bali, Indonesia. The gathering is to be attended by leaders from the United Nations, International Monetary Fund and World Bank, providing an opportunity for ASEAN to display its readiness to drive important global agenda, such as economic development, social equality and sustainable development.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-10-05

Of course, lots of ideas will be floated, decisions made and plans formulated to implement these decisions at these international meetings.

It really would make little sense to have a change of prime minister within 6 months of this all this work being done so...

All the foreign countries will understand,

Edited by JAG
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The Tokyo 2018 Strategy has established three pillars for cooperation

On that subject of co-operation he might complain to the Japanese PM about the way inscrutable Japanese tour agents are stealing Chinese tourists away from Thai tourism operators while at the same time ruining TAT's figures.

It's just not fair go. Particularly as both he and Toad Boy have issued grovelling apologies to the Chinese.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gen Prayut is to use all the opportunities to assert Thailand’s determination to work with Japan as a partner for development. 

The cunning lure is to extend Thaniya plaza lease for a couple more years.

• Haha 2

I want like hell to write a strongly derogatory post re Prayuth's self-perceived ability to fulfil the combined role of envoy and strategic partnership development guru, but I just don't know where to start. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at these meetings, so I could see the other attendees responses to Prayuth's enlightened contributions to these key ASEAN events. The mind boggles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The PM is also be granted an audience with the emperor of Japan, hold multilateral talks with the Prime Minister of Japan and meet with members of the Japan-Mekong Parliamentary Friendship Association. Gen Prayut is to use all the opportunities to assert Thailand’s determination to work with Japan as a partner for development. 

The Chairman would have to look around the ban on vaping 'ere before he could turn on Turning Japanese .. :ph34r:

IMG_20181005_085933.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BigBadGeordie said:

But what about the "Pigeon problem"? If he is not here who will manage that issue?

Yes with the top man away from his desk here, the Pigeon issue will become a very thorny problem indeed.

A National crisis such as a few Pigeons needs the big man to preside over the solution to this most nasty of issues, and a final solution needs to be found ASAP

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ossy said:

I want like hell to write a strongly derogatory post re Prayuth's self-perceived ability to fulfil the combined role of envoy and strategic partnership development guru, but I just don't know where to start. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at these meetings, so I could see the other attendees responses to Prayuth's enlightened contributions to these key ASEAN events. The mind boggles.

Yet, business as usual.

They're not ashamed by displaying their sociopathic characters, as they all belong to the same club. 

All disguised as benign and benevolent leaders for the people.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 11:17 PM, webfact said:

Thailand's Prime Minister is scheduled to attend several important international meetings in October to strengthen Thailand’s foreign relations and drive development in accordance with ASEAN agendas.

Always good to send a non-elected leader to represent a county as a leader of the people. Right?

• Like 1