Where to unload a LOT of coins?

YogaVeg

I put my coins in a small plastic ziplock bag and label the amount and the coin. ie 1 baht x 50, 5 baht x 100. 10 baht x 100. My local gas station and village shop always take them. The only place locally I managed to get rid of my 25 and 50 satang coins was at the post office and I just gave them away as there was only about 40 bahts worth. 7/11 may take them and perhaps BigC or Tesco.

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

I put my coins in a small plastic ziplock bag and label the amount and the coin. ie 1 baht x 50, 5 baht x 100. 10 baht x 100. My local gas station and village shop always take them. The only place locally I managed to get rid of my 25 and 50 satang coins was at the post office and I just gave them away as there was only about 40 bahts worth. 7/11 may take them and perhaps BigC or Tesco.

I think most Rimpings have signs up saying they'll exchange the little gold ones. 

Otherwise, I've always just gone to my local bank branch with them all bagged up and sorted into their denominations. The bank just weighs them and deposits them. Easy as. 

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Why not hand them in to charity or an orphanage  or similar.You'd be amazed how good it feels for both sides. ????

Just a suggestion.????

Great idea and I just saw some deposit boxes for charities at the grocery store.

in a previous apartment i had a thai neighbour living next to the apartment block and below my apartment, they had a tin roof... they would from time to time be noisy and an effective way to shut them up, and provide a use for unwanted setang coins, was to either rain down a handful or two on their roof or selotape a few together for bigger bangs. it wasn't a big problem but the way i saw it was if they wanted noise they got noise ????

On 10/5/2018 at 6:40 PM, YogaVeg said:

Great idea and I just saw some deposit boxes for charities at the grocery store.

I suggest you donate to the blind people roaming on the sunday night market instead. At least you know you are helping people directly.

I always make it a point to donate to them when I go there.

Those charity boxes might go to the wrong hand to make certain people richer after taking their commission.

Archived