SURVEY: Is Brett Kavanaugh suitable for the Supreme Court?

Scott

SURVEY: Is Brett Kavanaugh suitable for the Supreme Court?  

322 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, unless he is willing to argue that Ginsburg should recuse herself from any case where executive branch action is at issue and  Sotomayor should recuse herself for any case wherein a Latino/Latina is a litigant or a policy effecting them at issue.

But hey I wear blinkers, unlike soooo many of the open minded folks on here.

Gorusch is clearly tainted, because the Senate GOP refused to fulfill its Constitutional obligation to confirm an Obama appointee to the Court. As a result, the Supreme Court was without a ninth justice for more than 400 days, before Gorusch was finally sworn into the seat.

The seat Kavanaugh occupies did not need to be tainted by credible allegations of sexual harassment against the nominee. Many conservative judges could have met Trump’s requirements. Trump’s little boy ego (gleefully mimicked by the trolling behavior of many on this thread) prevented him from pulling his candidate. “Never show weakness; never admit you’re wrong; never take a plea deal”

Nyezhov - Please explain why RBG should recuse herself from cases involving actions by the Executive branch, and why Sotamayor should recuse from cases affecting Latinos.

Don’t tell me why it can’t be done; show me how it can - Jim Wright
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

As to the first...who? Other than Manfort?

As to the  second...Ever hear of the Statue of Limitations.

Back to my snausages 5555555. Your posts are quite amusing.

I find lighting a little Lao Cao in a metal ashtray will roast those Isaan Sausages quite well, but rolling them back n forth in a dry frying pan works too.????

• Thanks 1

There is a certain level of dignity, decorum, non partisanship and character, that one hopes for in a Supreme court justice. Krazy Kav seems to fail on every one of those levels. It was a horrible day for America, when he was selected, and just an indication of the continuing descent of the nation, into less relevant, less influential, and less significant nation status. 

Alot of my friends say that crazy stuff happens at beer parties, when you are a teenager. And while I do agree with that, I never recall trying to force a young woman into anything at that age, or since. I have always been of the opinion, that is she does not want it, leave her alone. It is called decency and respect. Qualities that KK does not seem to have. How will that lack of character carry over to the bench? Just wait and see. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GOPinThailand said:

Point is mute. He’s on the court. 

Only one one justice has ever been impeached in 250 years. 

Get over it. 

I agree with you (don't faint) that he won't be convicted in the senate. He will probably be at least investigated (particularly the shoddy political cover one week FBI rush that was severely limited in scope) if/when the democrats take congress in November and based on what's uncovered possibly impeached by the house.

But get over it? NO. 

We need to stay angry about Kavanaugh

Democracy is all that opponents of the coup have left. In next month’s elections, the party responsible for this travesty must be punished. The idea that “both parties are equally to blame” is an unadulterated falsehood.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/we-need-to-stay-angry-about-kavanaugh/2018/10/07/8385ec9e-ca5c-11e8-920f-dd52e1ae4570_story.html

• Haha 2

On 10/7/2018 at 5:20 PM, Nyezhov said:

He is entitled to his opinion. He cites "potential bias" which I have already discussed, infra.

Your user name is my Grandfathers name btw. That means you would have been born in 1890ish, in the Lower East Side.

Thanks. Your remarks are noted.

Btw. That used to be also my Grandfather’s name, but he was born in Germany.

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Justice Ginsburg has made disparaging comments demonstrating her dissaproval of President Trump. As such she has violated the Cannon of Judicial Ethics and must recuse herself from cases that involve executive action.

Justice Sotomayor has clearly indicated that her "Latina" hertitage influences her Judgment.

Can you imagine if Kavanaugh said he will bring the perspective of a "wise white Irishman".

Both of my points are more designed to demonstrate the hypocrisy of the anti Justice Kavanaugh forces when they howl about "prejudice". I have no problem following the lead of the "left" in this country as to social/political issues (many of their positions I share) as long as they drop the "not for thee, but for me" attitude and the histrionic screeching and mob attacks that follows in their wake.

part of life and growing up vis a vis reaching adulthood is learning to "get over things" although some that cant get over it and remain "butthurt little crybabies" often using the term "manchild" some are apparently so eaten alive by rage that they wear their politics on their sleeve, or avatar.  i recall when obama first became president. i was ecstatic beyond belief. it was the fruition of the ideas behind america, anyone regardless of anything could accomplish anything. sadly his presidency was disappointing. i am far from in love with trump but i try to keep an open mind. 

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Kelsall said:

People said they wanted yet another investigation and they got one.  But what they really wanted was an investigation that resulted in Kavanaugh going down.  Didn't happen.

Are Republicans quite done with them Benghazi investigations, or is there one more coming up?

:coffee1:

9 hours ago, atyclb said:

part of life and growing up vis a vis reaching adulthood is learning to "get over things" although some that cant get over it and remain "butthurt little crybabies" often using the term "manchild" some are apparently so eaten alive by rage that they wear their politics on their sleeve, or avatar.  i recall when obama first became president. i was ecstatic beyond belief. it was the fruition of the ideas behind america, anyone regardless of anything could accomplish anything. sadly his presidency was disappointing. i am far from in love with trump but i try to keep an open mind. 

Didn't notice you managing to practice what you preach on these topics. Also not much criticism when posters supportive of Trump indulge in such behavior. And, of course, nothing (other than the really lame deflection) references how this relates to Trump's own conduct.

Setting up higher standards for those not agreeing with your views is cool.

2 hours ago, Morch said:

Are Republicans quite done with them Benghazi investigations, or is there one more coming up?

:coffee1:

Oh, stop being silly, Morch.   Benghazi is so yesterday.   We're back on the emails.   They need more investigating.   

• Like 2