SURVEY: Is Brett Kavanaugh suitable for the Supreme Court?

Scott

SURVEY: Is Brett Kavanaugh suitable for the Supreme Court?  

322 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the confirmation of Judge Brett Kavanaugh looking like the most likely outcome, in your opinion, is he suitable for the Supreme Court?

Please feel free to leave a comment.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My analogy is if you managed a local pool and needed to hire a lifeguard, and the guy showed up for the job could not swin because he was stoned, and had no concern for people's saftey during the interview, and you give him the job anyway. That must be one Micahel Phelps <deleted> because he did everything in the world possible to convince you not to hire him when he showed up. I suppose it is on you if people end of dying or being injured in that pool. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

This entire process was a farce and a disgrace. If you think otherwise, that is your particular problem. 

It's not a problem it's an opinion, an opinion shared by a 1000 law professors. No wonder you turn to weak deflections.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, seajae said:

and the letter they wrote before that stated the opposite, he was accused of gang raping women and organizing them, his family was dragged though the mud as was his name and they even called for his daughters to be raped as well as made jokes about them, I know as a father I would have done a lot more than what he did especially when the fbi have shown that some of what was stated at the hearing by his accuser was in fact lies under oath(as can be found stated elsewhere, the second front door was put in to access a spare room they rented out to other people, she coached her friend on how to "handle" a lie detector and this friend tried to get one of the "witnesses" to change her story plus of course her being scared of flying ) as well as exonerating him, he did what any normal father would have done in the same situation. Problem is that this is being decided on party lines, democrats refuse to accept the truth as can be seen in here as well as everywhere else, I vote for neither so I am impartial and look at the evidence, never seen so many lies and innuendo used by a political party because they hate the president because their candidate lost, truly pathetic. 

If all you can do is regurgitate half-truths and outright lies you're better off not posting.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

40 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Well he has written 366 decisions and never a report of him getting angry.

So if you had to defend a rapist your defence would be "well, there are no reports he has done this before"?

Forget what he's done or not done earlier. His performance during his confirmation hearing alone disqualifies him as a SCOTUS candidiate.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Well he has written 366 decisions and never a report of him getting angry. On the other hand, if someone walks into his courtroom and yells "you are a molester", at least he can refer it for prosecution for contempt. Every human being would get angry I assume when cartoons are published showing his child praying, or op eds being written saying he shouldnt coach kids basketball.

I am thinking of that recent oped by the famous libel lawyer (I think he represnted the Atalnta bomber dude and is representing the British dude suing Musk) wherein he states Kavanaugh should sue them all. I give him credit that he hasnt.

If he thinks it has merit he should certainly sue them, IMO it would be a stupid thing opening him to discovery, so i guess you are giving him credit for not being stupid, but stupidity is not the issue, the issue is that he did not handle himself well at the hearing, this not only open issues concerning his character , but it did not endear him  to a sizable segment of the population.   His confirmation will go a long way toward increasing distrust of the supreme court institution. 

We have sexual allegations, we have his performance at the hearings, and we have a piss poor 37% public support of his nomination,  

So we are back to the beginning of my argument, Why him? Why Now? if not for political considerations pertaining to the midterm elections. 

The truth of the matter is that Trump made a poor choice of a not well vetted candidate, his hubris did not allow him the defeat of dropping him, and nominating a better qualified individual  from a vast pool of qualified , conservative candidates. and now he finds himself against the midterms where he will probably lose the House and possibly the Senate and is forcing an unqualified candidate to a lifelong appointment down our throats.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I see you didnt address the rest of my post, rather, just say "weak deflections". To the casual reader, res ipsa loquitur as we say.

Its all good, he is getting confirmed.

I assume y'all are praying for the health of Justice Ginsburg? She has shown some real impartiality since President Trump got elected hasnt she?? Havent seen any law Professors writing about her or Senators screeching for impeachment.

"I see you didnt address the rest of my post, rather, just say "weak deflections". To the casual reader, res ipsa loquitur as we say."

Who are "we"? Certainly not the base Trump supporter. And exactly what is the matter that speaks for itself?

"I assume y'all are praying for the health of Justice Ginsburg?"

I'm an atheist.

"She has shown some real impartiality since President Trump got elected hasnt she?? Havent seen any law Professors writing about her or Senators screeching for impeachment."

Not many Professors nor Senators from either party. Plenty of screeching from certain quarters tough.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Becker said:

So if you had to defend a rapist your defence would be "well, there are no reports he has done this before"?

Forget what he's done or not done earlier. His performance during his confirmation hearing alone disqualifies him as a SCOTUS candidiate.

LOL...as to the first....straw man argument.

As to the second point, I reckon the Senators charged with the constitutional duty in this matter, including one fair minded Democrat, feel otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1