Flying back in

6 hours ago, sticky said:

I was told this morning if I do a border bounce by air I will only get stamped in for 14 days rather than 30 days if I do by road.

Surely this cannot be correct???

4 hours ago, sticky said:

My wife???

An old rule - and she had it backwards.  Visa-Exempt by land was limited to 15 days, including the date of entry - so 14 "more" days.  Air remained 30-days while that old-rule was in effect.  The old-rule was rescinded when a new rule limiting land-border visa-exempts to 2x per calendar-year was adopted.

Be aware that border-bounces by air may not be greeted positively by airport Immigration personnel upon your return, if you have a longer-stay history.  There is a ministerial order limiting the use of visa-exempt entries which applies. 

Land borders except Poipet are all reported safe, provided you don't go beyond the 2-per-year limit - but Malaysian entry-points are reported to require a night-out and may ask you to show 20K Baht worth of cash or travelers checks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, glegolo said:

Wifeys is the last ones to seek advice from, they know nothing...

glegolo

Speak for yourself. I have no reason to ever ask Google anything ever again, the wife knows it all....................:whistling:

:tongue:

• Haha 1