Is there a way to find out what planned land use is?

Hi,

I'm considering to purchase a condo and just see they are starting to clear the land adjacent to it on the other side of the road.

I would like to ask if there is any way to find out what a piece of land is planned to be used for? If there is planning permission approved is there any way to find out details of the planned construction? I am concerned they may build a high building and the current view would be lost if this is the case.

At the moment there are no signs up or even a street number so it's not even clear to identify the land or owner.

With Thanks,

Am

Spot on I wouldn’t buy a box of matches in Thailand. 
Everybody renting a shoe [emoji148] box fan room says that. Ask them if they can even afford it they tell you that they are all gun day traders. Thailand the hub of rich traders
PMSL [emoji23]

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Do you really believe the 'workmen' on the site would be well informed?

The answer is NO.

Do you believe even a dumb worker doesn't know what the project is?

Scared to talk to Thais, or are they below your station in life?

It's worked for me in the past.

3 hours ago, Caine said:

Spot on I wouldn’t buy a box of matches in Thailand. 

Some peoples replies are truly amazing.

My question in return is, what are you doing in a country that obviously you don't trust and probably don't like.

Why do you actually reply to a legitimate and serious question with an unintelligent and really stupid answer.

I can't wait for your "intelligent" reply 

In Pattaya, you could check at City Hall.  There is an office there that handles land development for Pattaya.  My Thai partner has gone there a number of times to check on land plots.  But, I have to say that most of the time the information he got was not all that helpful--along the lines of the previous poster who got the answer, nothing planned right now.  You might, however, be able to at least determine how high a building would be allowed.  

Here's a strange thing: there is a topic on today's TV forums entitled "5 essential bras every woman should own". Quite why such a paid-for advertorial should be on the pages of a largely male-dominated website is difficult to fathom; perhaps it is a precursor to sales of next-generation man-bras to the denizens of soi 6 and environs, for which demand will no doubt be brisk.

The short answer is "No".

You will NEVER know the long term answer  in Thailand because nobody , even the current Mayor , KNOWS what  sort of bribe may come along TODAY and motivate him and the engineers and anyone who stands to gain , to grant a permit for any development ! 

This is not withstanding all the people who will use the land while the developer  try to finds suckers  who will buy  'off the plan'  to finance the build , to recycle rubbish ( or dump it there )  ,  park trucks , build a shanty town with out any sewerage system or burn tyres.

Be sensible , rent and observe for a year or 2 ... I dont see condos increasing  in price anyway ..

As for asking some dirt scrabble Burmese labourer on the building site  as to the future of the land .... well..

Contact the Urban planning and development board in your local community. They have detailed maps and charts showing the plan for every single street and block. They even have a detailed map of every single telecommunications cable, where it comes from and where it goes. The sewer map is impressive as well, showing where all the sewers come from and to which treatment plant it is designated.

Asking the workers are a good starting point no reason for them to hide anything and from there check with the city. Depends what is zoned for.

Bought a condo (China) the big selling point on the beach within 5 minute walk. I asked the Salesperson would anything be built between the condos and the beach.

Gave an honest answer that 3 or 4 two floor restaurants are planned to be built and as long as your on 5 floor or above you’ll have a view of beach. We bought on the 10th floor no problems.

Possibly  the current owner of the condo you are buying already knows,  hence why they are selling. Some areas do have zoning and height restrictions that are publicly available at planning offices. Unless planning permission  has been submitted there is no way of telling.  Any doubt,  hold back and wait.... 

Archived