Senior district official arrested for alleged poaching in Thai national park

webfact

Senior district official arrested for alleged poaching in national park

By The Nation

0e5594473ec444bacc1abf7ac9b57ee4-sld.jpe

A group, including a deputy district chief, who allegedly camped out overnight and shot a binturong at the Sai Yok National Park in Kanchaburi province over the weekend, has been arrested.

An informed source said park officials checked the group after finding that they had entered the park on Saturday and did not come out on the same day. 

The park does not allow overnight camping. 

The group allegedly used six off-load vehicles and one of them was found to have contained a rifle with a silencer, two other guns, ammunition, and a binturong carcass, according to the source. 

582cc726ef6f49d98456a912eaf2beeb.jpeg

“We arrested the group and called for reinforcements as the man, who claims to be the deputy district chief of Dan Makham Tia, tried to resist arrest,” the park’s chief, Panatchakorn Phothibandhit, said on Sunday. 

f2c84fc64b1c8806dd59673454eb2082.jpeg

Early this year, Italian-Thai Development president Premchai Karnasuta was also arrested in Kanchanaburi for alleged poaching. 

Premchai faces several charges after being found at the Thung Yai Naresuan wildlife sanctuary with carcasses of a Kalij pheasant, a barking deer, and a black leopard nearby.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30355995

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-08

Seven charges filed against suspects accused of illegal hunting in Kanchanaburi

hunting.jpg

Seven charges have been lodged against 12 members of a suspected hunting party allegedly led by a deputy district chief officer after forest rangers of the Saiyok national park in the western province of Kanchanaburi found carcass of a bearcat, one rifle, two handguns and ammunition in their vehicles on Sunday.

Mr Panatkorn Pothibandit, chief of Saiyok national park, said the 12 suspects were taken to Saiyok district police station where they were charged.

The charges include illegal hunting in national park, illegal possession of carcass of protected wildlife species, carrying guns in national park without permission, illegal possession of war weapon (cartridges for M16 assault rifle) and travelling by vehicles in areas not designated by the authorities.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/seven-charges-filed-against-suspects-accused-of-illegal-hunting-in-kanchanaburi/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-10-08

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Yes, but after that and they have been roasted, who gets to eat their private parts?

Not me, but we could call on you military style to volunteer ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Nice silencer on the gun. Obviously he didn't want to disturb the wildlife.....

With equipment like this, maybe the dirty dozen just prepared and trained in case of an unwanted result of a possible 'election'.

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

"The 12 suspects, including the deputy district chief of Dan Makham Tia district and defence volunteers,  denied they had anything to do with the animal carcass found in one of the trucks."

Of course they would have denied it.

In the Thai justice system - the best in the world that money can buy - I just wonder if a deputy district chief can raise enough cash to buy a not guilty verdict.

Not as rich and influential as the fat slob boss of ITD caught earlier in the year.

Yep arrangements under the table are already under the way....

I bet he came out with the old "Do you know who I am statement" !!!

Photo looks like the slightly older version of the CZ-452 USA range of  Czech .22 rimfire rifles?

I used to have one for rabbiting and general vermin control in England.. very useful & accurate rifle, mine was fitted with a "parker hale" moderator & 10 shot magazine !

So sad that those charged to set an example are the ones leading 'his' gang in violating the Park rules. I didn't see any edible animal parts so it must be some dumb a** religious bulls***. I doubt any real punishment will result of this arrest, THAI WAY.

On 10/7/2018 at 8:30 PM, Vacuum said:

Nice silencer on the gun. Obviously he didn't want to disturb the wildlife.....

On 10/7/2018 at 11:41 PM, Lupatria said:

With equipment like this, maybe the dirty dozen just prepared and trained in case of an unwanted result of a possible 'election'.

Maglite suppressor.  Uses the body of a flashlight.

Here is an example. 

Image result for maglite suppressor

Edited by radiochaser