Chinese Mob at CM Immigration

Xavnel

1 minute ago, Thailand said:

Yes that has always been the way for them to have a copy of the passport for whom they are acting as proxy. I guess some of those removed did not have a copy of the passport. 

300 Baht for a line sitter and you would have been out of there much quicker.

They need to make the rule.. 'one passport one person only', and it has to be the person in person.... no line sitters or agents doing it for someone else.  That would solve most of the problems there overnight.

They also need to start at the back of the que in the mornings... last ones there get the first numbers.  That would stop the people going there and taking up places at stupid times in the morning.  Its insanity the situation now, created by selfish people trying to be the first.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Yes that has always been the way for them to have a copy of the passport for whom they are acting as proxy. I guess some of those removed did not have a copy of the passport. 

300 Baht for a line sitter and you would have been out of there much quicker.

Have the Police always turned up and carried out checks ?

This is the first time that I have heard of it .

I wouldn't pay to push into a queue on moral grounds

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Have the Police always turned up and carried out checks ?

This is the first time that I have heard of it .

I wouldn't pay to push into a queue on moral grounds

What did the expats who changed places with the line sitters around 7.30 am have to say when you confronted them about their dastardly behavior?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

They need to make the rule.. 'one passport one person only', and it has to be the person in person.... no line sitters or agents doing it for someone else.  That would solve most of the problems there overnight.

They also need to start at the back of the que in the mornings... last ones there get the first numbers.  That would stop the people going there and taking up places at stupid times in the morning.  Its insanity the situation now, created by selfish people trying to be the first.

You could offer your services as a consulate to immigration with these innovative ideas.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Thailand said:

What did the expats who changed places with the line sitters around 7.30 am have to say when you confronted them about their dastardly behavior?

Where did I say that I confronted them ?

I didnt say that I did 

• Like 1

Just now, Thailand said:

Opportunity missed to express your concerns in person instead of just on the forum.

First time that I had been there and encountered queue jumpers and I wasnt aware of what they were doing .

Next time I will go straight to the front on the queue ,( naturally letting all the genuine queuers ahead of him ), and just tell them :"I'm queuing for something, you are not , so, get behind me"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YogaVeg said:

Those with passport copies were allowed to stay? This makes sense. 

Allowed to stay means a-ok with the Imm folks.

You can stamp your feet, debate it if you must, stand in line for hours to prove some martyred point...

Me, I'm looking into the 300 baht see-ya-later option. ????

Yep immigration have no problem. And in fact they control it up to a point.

The company I use to provide the line sitter services are only allowed to have sitters on one day a week and only four persons maximum providing the service to four persons,and yes they have to have copies of passports for whom they are providing the proxy service.

10 minutes ago, YogaVeg said:

Those with passport copies were allowed to stay? This makes sense. 

Allowed to stay means a-ok with the Imm folks.

You can stamp your feet, debate it if you must, stand in line for hours to prove some martyred point...

Me, I'm looking into the 300 baht see-ya-later option. ????

It was the Police who were taking photos , photoing peoples passports along with the queue jumpers photos .

It will be interesting to see what action they will take .

It wouldnt be surprising if they implemented new rules , stating that all queue jumpers will get their visa extension refused

First time that I had been there and encountered queue jumpers and I wasnt aware of what they were doing .

Next time I will go straight to the front on the queue ,( naturally letting all the genuine queuers ahead of him ), and just tell them :"I'm queuing for something, you are not , so, get behind me"

Love to see that.

It was the Police who were taking photos , photoing peoples passports along with the queue jumpers photos .

It wouldnt be surprising if they implemented new rules , stating that all queue jumpers will get their visa extension refused

You are cracking me up, very entertaining.

On 10/8/2018 at 7:49 AM, Xavnel said:

As I got got back to my wife , I quickly saw that the 30 people were all Chinese and then the chaos had already started.

One of the Mob grabbed the Queue post/signboard, moved it and then told the people who were already there waiting that "We 1st, we already waiting,  other people after Chinese."  As you can imagine, the people that had been there waiting, were not having it... so the argument started.  The Chinese people said that they waiting from last night ....   yet not one was actually at the Immigration Office and then just show up and dictate to others that you are superior?  Come on... 

Where's an AK47 when you need one hey?

55 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Ah, I didn't catch that clearly posted part about it being the police. That is interesting.

Maybe they just will verify that those people aren't working illegally?

I'm confused by the term "queue jumpers" tho.

Are these: (a) queue sitters who join the line in an orderly manner, (b) people who go to the front of the line, bypassing already waiting people, and perhaps pass an envelope to an Imm official, or (c) clowns who butt their way to the front like the Chinese mob?

Edited by YogaVeg

44 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Yep immigration have no problem. And in fact they control it up to a point.

The company I use to provide the line sitter services are only allowed to have sitters on one day a week and only four persons maximum providing the service to four persons,and yes they have to have copies of passports for whom they are providing the proxy service.

Could anyone please privately message me info on who does queue sitting and for how much?

I was just quoted 1500 baht ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

300 Baht for a line sitter and you would have been out of there much quicker. You seem to spend far too much time at immigration, I go once a year.

Agreed. It's not right, but it's not wrong. It's no different to paying a broker 1000b to get a (free) residency certificate overnight rather than waiting 6 weeks. For me it'd be a no-brainer. 300b for a few hours extra sleep and no real feelings of outrage at missing out. Best money I'll spend all week

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

I am totally sympathetic to your outrage, and I would favor a fair system. 

But if the powers that be refuse to act on the public's behalf, I like many others am bound to choose the path of least resistance.

It seems the choices are limited.

I certainly am not about to elbow my way to the front like the Chinese mob.

So that leaves: (a) standing in line for hours watching others jump me or (b) pay my way to a better spot.

I'm a moral guy but when it comes to hours of discomfort or padding the bill, I'm inclined to ask "how much?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

Start at the back of the queue? Right... 

As recently as a month ago I turned up at 5am, got first in line and was gone before 10.30. The people who turn up at 7.45am and gripe that the queue is huge are as annoying as the groups of Chinese who push in.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, SammyT said:

As recently as a month ago I turned up at 5am, got first in line and was gone before 10.30. 

5am - 10:30 sounds brutal.

And those who arrive at opening are likely there all day.

Makes me just want to head to the border, if takes that dam long I might as well get an adventure out of it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YogaVeg said:

Makes me just want to head to the border, if takes that dam long I might as well get an adventure out of it...

Not good, but not bad.

Couple of hours reading a book or playing with a phone/ipad etc.

Would have got his ticket about 8am,immigration opens for business at 9am so time for coffee or a breakfast,back at 8.50am.

10-15 minutes to do the paperwork. Wander around for an hour or so and then back to pick up passport.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YogaVeg said:

I spent all night in a bar watching football until 3 AM , went straight to immigration and got in the queue (for a few minutes) , told the person behind me that I would be back soon , went and got a few more beers and arrived back at 7.30 AM

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

Not good, but not bad.

Couple of hours reading a book or playing with a phone/ipad etc.

Would have got his ticket about 8am,immigration opens for business at 9am so time for coffee or a breakfast,back at 8.50am.

10-15 minutes to do the paperwork. Wander around for an hour or so and then back to pick up passport.

Playing with my phone for hours, while tired from getting up at 3.30am to get to the immigration for 5am is not what I want to do to get a simple 90 day report which should take 10 minutes. 

And I could not drag out a coffee and breakfast for all those hours to fill in the time.  Whats with the aimless wandering about too?  Sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands that you don't really value.

If the place does not open till 9am there should be no reason to have to go there 5am.  

2 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Playing with my phone for hours, while tired from getting up at 3.30am to get to the immigration for 5am is not what I want to do to get a simple 90 day report which should take 10 minutes. 

And I could not drag out a coffee and breakfast for all those hours to fill in the time.  Whats with the aimless wandering about too?  Sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands that you don't really value.

If the place does not open till 9am there should be no reason to have to go there 5am.  

For a 90 day report there is no reason to go there at all.  Please don't clog up the queues. 

2 minutes ago, amexpat said:

For a 90 day report there is no reason to go there at all.  Please don't clog up the queues. 

I don't. I use an agent.  300 baht.  Done in 30 minutes.  Can go to them anytime in the day before 3.30 ish.

But I wish I could just go to immigration and do it like the old days.  Used to go in there at 3 or 4 pm and get it done in less than 5 minutes.  

How its gone from that to the situation they are in today is mindboggling and thanks to idiots going there at stupid times in the mornings. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Or you could do it online in 5 minutes or by post for 21 baht, or make it extremely difficult for yourself by actually going to immigration.

• Like 2