Trekking

scubascuba3

Anyone know of any expat groups that do trekking 20km+ type walks? I'm not talking about running HHH for example. There are cycle groups so there must be trekking groups?

I imagine some of the treks will start out of Pattaya.

I've done treks over Thailand, I'm looking for something closer to Pattaya and area

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
55 minutes ago, jmccarty said:
Why not the HHH?  They cover some great areas and could care less if you stay on-on afterword to drink beer with them!

Nothing to do with beer, they run don't they?

No rule that you have to run, always many walking at their own speed then you can drink a few beers afterwards and make a lot of friends. :smile:

• Like 1

Yes, I have walked lots of runs since a number of injuries a few years back.  Far less than I should, but enjoyed the walks none-the-less.  Nice people for the most part and more local geographical knowledge than anyone else!

HHH had an organised run the other weekend past my front door.

They dont just run, as othersd have said as a considerable number seemed to just be out for a stroll, and their course seems to take in some good Country and they also have different lengths of course.

If I was you, Id give it a try, you have nothing to loose, and possibly something to gain.

HHH stands for Hash House Harriers

Runs start around 5 in the afternoon and are usually around 7 to 10km or one hour for the front runners. 

After the run there will be some drinks and a circle where the quality of the run is discussed.

• 1 month later...

"There are cycle groups"

Can you tell me more about this?

As to walking...

We (m & f) walk from about Soi 9, up Walking St, turn left past the kart track, cut across Bush Mountain, go up the hill through the park to the Big Buddah or out under the Patts sign along the walkway and then back down.

But we'd love to know places to hike that are further afield as well?

I'm looking for hill treks through woodland that kind of thing. Golden buddha mountain area looks like it has potential
My wife just finished 25k at Khao Mai Kaew. On sunday its a lovely park up there with lake,its about 25 km from Pattaya near rugby school.you can practice trail up there.
Check decathlon at Tesco N Pattaya website,they will tell you how to join.quite a few Falangs run

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app