Vientiane consulate

#1 I’m currently in Thailand ???????? on a setv, this is the second one this year from Vientiane, and I wish to go get a third one this month, is it possible to get a third one from Vientiane? Or maybe a fourth one , any limit there?

#2 Which 3 embassies/consulates are considered easiest to deal with when it comes to issue visas? not to far away from Thailand.

I’m a Norwegian citizen under 30 years old.

If anybody know this, I will say thanks ???????? 

Edited by The traveler
Wrong spelling

1. It should be a problem to get another one in Vientiane. A forth one might result in getting a stamp stating it is the last one.

2 Savannakhet. Ho Chi Minh City or Kuala Lumpur should be good but they want a ticket out of the country, financial and accommodation proof.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

1. It should be a problem to get another one in Vientiane. A forth one might result in getting a stamp stating it is the last one.

2 Savannakhet. Ho Chi Minh City or Kuala Lumpur should be good but they want a ticket out of the country, financial and accommodation proof.

So if I’m getting a stamp let’s say on the fourth one telling me this is the last one, does that mean last this year or the last with this passport I’m having?

so let’s say I get a third one now in October which will let me stay for 60+30 days if I extend it, so instead getting a fourth should I rather fly out of Thailand  for a few days and then come back on a visa extemption By flight or land crossing? If not get a visa in one of those cities you mentioned? Thank you 

9 minutes ago, The traveler said:

So if I’m getting a stamp let’s say on the fourth one telling me this is the last one, does that mean last this year or the last with this passport I’m having?

The last one in your passport. The stamp can affect getting them at other locations.

9 minutes ago, The traveler said:

so let’s say I get a third one now in October which will let me stay for 60+30 days if I extend it, so instead getting a fourth should I rather fly out of Thailand  for a few days and then come back on a visa extemption By flight or land crossing? If not get a visa in one of those cities you mentioned? Thank you 

Best to go to another location to get one before the 4th one.

A visa exempt entry by land would be OK unless you have already done 2 this year. Just avoid the Poipet crossing to Cambodia.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The last one in your passport. The stamp can affect getting them at other locations.

Best to go to another location to get one before the 4th one.

A visa exempt entry by land would be OK unless you have already done 2 this year. Just avoid the Poipet crossing to Cambodia.

Okei I understand. Thank you ???????? 

i’m 25 years old, to stay in Thailand long term are there other visas I can get to make things easier? I’m currently staying in Pak Chong(but I can move if i have to) so I don’t know the options? 

Because so far i have been here Only on setv and visa exempt which isn’t the best for long stayers I assume.

13 minutes ago, The traveler said:

Okei I understand. Thank you ???????? 

i’m 25 years old, to stay in Thailand long term are there other visas I can get to make things easier? I’m currently staying in Pak Chong(but I can move if i have to) so I don’t know the options? 

Because so far i have been here Only on setv and visa exempt which isn’t the best for long stayers I assume.

1...Get a time machine go back 8-10 years and you can get all the back to back tourist visas you want....2. get married...3.Go to language school...4..Get the elite visa...5..Get a job that has a work visa....

• Haha 1

Just now, fforest1 said:

1...Get a time machine go back 8-10 years and you can get all the back to back tourist visas you want....2. get married...3.Go to language school...4..Get the elite visa...5..Get a job that has a work visa....

It was a lot easier back then after what I have heard, but now there are limited choices for me, but I will cross my fingers and hope for the best of the future, they might take a u-turn one day and have new visa types with less requirements and long stay for those under 50 years, or maybe not.

i don’t have any plan to marry anyone, so.

1 minute ago, The traveler said:

It was a lot easier back then after what I have heard, but now there are limited choices for me, but I will cross my fingers and hope for the best of the future, they might take a u-turn one day and have new visa types with less requirements and long stay for those under 50 years, or maybe not.

i don’t have any plan to marry anyone, so.

The elite visa is pricey for me but according to my calculations, it’s not that more expensive and those trips I have had and time I have spent in Vientiane/phnom penh, usually 15,000baht each time minimum,but the stress,bus,train waiting etc etc, so the elite visa sounds ok, but with today’s currency exchange rate which is almost 30% weaker to the baht then usual, I think I will wait for the elite visa.