Which Visa ?

i currently have an O visa on the basis of supporting my son (thai and british nationality) gained from the Thai consulate in London.

Next February I will turn 50 years old and I was wondering...will Immigration make me apply for a retirement visa instead ?

If they do and I neither have 800k in the bank or a pension..what are my options ?

I do have 120k come in every month from my company in UK...does that make things tricky ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, battersea said:

Next February I will turn 50 years old and I was wondering...will Immigration make me apply for a retirement visa instead ?

No they will not.

3 minutes ago, battersea said:

I do have 120k come in every month from my company in UK...does that make things tricky ?

You could use that to apply for the extension or a OA long stay visa at the embassy in London. It does not have to be a pension.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, battersea said:

will Immigration make me apply for a retirement visa instead ?

No, immigrations won't force you to change your visa as long as you meet the requirements for your current visa. You may qualify many visas, including a tourist visa. But, it's up to you which one to choose. 

• Like 1

Are you asking about applying for an extension of stay from immigration, in February, or a new visa from the embassy in London?

If an extension of stay from immigration in Thailand; If you provide income of 65K pm or more, or have 800K or more cash in a Thai bank they might process your extension based on retirement. Unless you're planning to work that it isn't a problem.

If applying for a visa from the embassy in London; You can apply for  any visa you qualify for. They won't insist you apply for any particular type.