Marrage Visa

(rewritten) I running out of time to apply for a Family Reunion Visa non immagrant 0 in America . I would like to have a Mult entry for 1 year. Where is the best place outside of Thailand close to the borders that I can apply and hopfully receive this visa. I have all the proper doct. I will enter Thailand on a tourist visa.

Edited by jltheart

Not being an expert on visa laws, I am wondering,wouldn't "jitheart " have to apply for a marriage visa from within Thailand by providing Immigration departement with the relevant documentation such as marriage certificates,proof of funds,wife's house registration and I.D.etc. Just wondering as the post is totally lacking in "infamayshun" :o

Not being an expert on visa laws

You can ONLY apply for a visa (marriage or otherwise) outside of Thailand.

(exc. 14 day tourist on arrival for some nationalities not entitled to the 30 days visa free)

You need to take your passport, wedding certificate and registration, and a copy of your wife's Thai ID card. (Never had to show funds personally).

Any Thai Embassy/Consulate should be fine.

He should have obtained the visa before coming here. He says he is coming on a tourist visa but if he had time to get that why not the visa he wanted? Suspect he will arrive without visa and be given 30 day stamp. Penang is probably the best post close by but multi entry family reunion visas are not as common as they used to be (at local Consulates) as current thinking seems to be you should extend your stay if you want to live here.