Jump to content

Pedestrian killed in Thalang after being struck by Mercedes Benz


webfact

Recommended Posts

Pedestrian killed in Thalang after being struck by Mercedes Benz

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

 

S__368663.jpg

 

A pedestrian has been killed in a road accident early today in Thalang.

 

Thalang Police were notified of the incident early this morning on Thepkrasattri Road in Thalang.

 

Emergency responders arrived to find body parts scattered on the road. The person’s head was separated from the body. A trolley carrying garbage was found scattered nearby.

 

 

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/pedestrian-killed-in-thalang-after-being-struck-by-mercedes-benz

 
thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-10-10
Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

If he was over the limit he should be charged with manslaughter. 

 

No matter if drunk he still faces manslaughter charges. Going to cost him big bucks to get out of this. Looking at his social media profile he can afford it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

While the drivers possible speed and other impairment may be part of the problem, the pedestrian was apparently collecting rubbish, bottles, etc., in a trolley on the road after midnight on a wet night. He was hit while crossing the road.  He must be considered to have played a major part in his own demise.

 

Incidentally, on the PN video news, there is gruesome footage of the car with pieces of flesh still attached.

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, oldlakey said:

It pays to pay attention to what you are doing, while taking note of what others are doing

Hopefully for the drivers sake alcohol is not involved

I don't know where did you got this information but here is what people could see on one of his facebook profiles... before he shut them down...(few hours after the accident)

 

The guy posted a lot of pictures / videos of himself driving fast. Here is one of him driving at....200 Km per hour in phuket. And he took a picture of this "exploit".. while driving of course

 

I feel very sorry for the person who died.

 

 

 

 

Capture d’écran 2018-10-10 à 12.23.29.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, mizou198 said:

The guy posted a lot of pictures / videos of himself driving fast. Here is one of him driving at....200 Km per hour in phuket. And he took a picture of this "exploit".. while driving of course

Disgusting irresponsible idiot.

No pedestrian would be able to notice such a speeding car in time.

The roads in Phuket or elsewhere in Thailand are not race tracks.

 

If there is indication that he sped like this before the accident I hope he does not escape with his big money but be thrown in jail and deported later.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Disgusting irresponsible idiot.

No pedestrian would be able to notice such a speeding car in time.

The roads in Phuket or elsewhere in Thailand are not race tracks.

 

If there is indication that he sped like this before the accident I hope he does not escape with his big money but be thrown in jail and deported later.

What i see from here is he try to hide his bad habit driving behavior by deleting all pictures and profiles from the internet.

 

What does it say is :

 

1- he uses to drive fast and recklessly before this accident

2- he will most likely try to put the responsability on the pedestrian (night + crossing the road)

 

I agree with you. If the police find there is an indication that he does this before he will be in bigger trouble.

 

This is a Disgusting behavior

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooh- this will be expensive, the BiB will be rubbing their hands with glee. Farang + Merc = ca-chiiiiiiing. Nice to see the usual suspects Clouseau-ing this from their armchairs elsewhere in the country.

 

I feel sorry for the guy who was killed whatever the circumstances were- he was doing what he had to to survive and it cost him his life.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mizou198 said:

I don't know where did you got this information but here is what people could see on one of his facebook profiles... before he shut them down...(few hours after the accident)

 

The guy posted a lot of pictures / videos of himself driving fast. Here is one of him driving at....200 Km per hour in phuket. And he took a picture of this "exploit".. while driving of course

 

I feel very sorry for the person who died.

 

 

 

 

Capture d’écran 2018-10-10 à 12.23.29.png

I have not got any information that's why I have not Posted any

I suspect you are confusing my comment of and I quote

"Hopefully for the drivers sake alcohol was not involved"

I made that observation as regards the RTP request that the Hospital does a blood test on the driver

One might think that they suspect "alcohol" is involved, if so then a nailed on prosecution

Far be it from me to suggest the RTP have done it to make the negotiations move along rather more swiftly

Anyway My fellow member mizou198 I have a sneaking feeling that English is not your mother tongue, so I will now move on as hopefully I have cleared up your confusion 

Have a nice day

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

I have not got any information that's why I have not Posted any

I suspect you are confusing my comment of and I quote

"Hopefully for the drivers sake alcohol was not involved"

I made that observation as regards the RTP request that the Hospital does a blood test on the driver

One might think that they suspect "alcohol" is involved, if so then a nailed on prosecution

Far be it from me to suggest the RTP have done it to make the negotiations move along rather more swiftly

Anyway My fellow member mizou198 I have a sneaking feeling that English is not your mother tongue, so I will now move on as hopefully I have cleared up your confusion 

 Have a nice day

yes, i misunderstood your sentence, i'm sorry. You're right, english is not my native language and i've read your comment too fast. Sorry again 🙂

 

i wish you a nice day too 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mizou198 said:

It seems your link has been deleted, or doesn t exist

Yes, deleted, but was I think daily mail link in deleted post, and mentioned guy was Paul Mercer?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2018 at 4:37 PM, LivinginKata said:

 

No matter if drunk he still faces manslaughter charges. Going to cost him big bucks to get out of this. Looking at his social media profile he can afford it. 

He will pay a million , insurance will pay a million and case closed. Maybe a few days in temple to make merit and all good as gold 

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, deleted, but was I think daily mail link in deleted post, and mentioned guy was Paul Mercer?

 

Yes. I read it earlier this morning. Was Paul Mercer, Surprised it has been deleted already.

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, BestB said:

He will pay a million , insurance will pay a million and case closed. Maybe a few days in temple to make merit and all good as gold 

 

Exactly correct. New faster Merc on the way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One can still read the report on the newspapers web site. Interesting to see that Paul John Mercer bought the 48-acre stretch of land on Mai Khao Beach, Phuket, now known as West Sands...

 

Now that indicates wealth and connections, thus the matter may soon be wrapped to the satisfaction of all the concerned interested parties. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, delphioracle said:

<snip>

Now that indicates wealth and connections, thus the matter may soon be wrapped to the satisfaction of all the concerned interested parties. 

 

His father started the company and manages global operations from England. I seem to remember that Tesco Company partnered in the land purchase for Sands, So yes he has both wealth and top class connections. he can well afford to wriggle his way out of this accident.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The dailymail article shows a photo of the car with right door open.

I see an inflated airbag on the passenger side.

I DON'T see an inflated airbag at the driver's side.

?

The article says he has injuries at the eyes by the impact to the windscreen.

No safety belt? No airbag?

Stunning.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, BestB said:

He will pay a million , insurance will pay a million and case closed. Maybe a few days in temple to make merit and all good as gold 

Why would a farang go to a temple? Do you have this as a stock answer?

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

The dailymail article shows a photo of the car with right door open.

I see an inflated airbag on the passenger side.

I DON'T see an inflated airbag at the driver's side.

?

The article says he has injuries at the eyes by the impact to the windscreen.

No safety belt? No airbag?

Stunning.

Ahhhh straight from issan yet again! Quoting the daily wail is hardly substantive.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Psimbo said:

Why would a farang go to a temple? Do you have this as a stock answer?

Do you just post nonsense to appear smart? Or it’s just a trait ?

 

lets see, article claiming it was a foreigner removed , so that might mean information was incorrect ?

 

have a ponder , few drinks and do come back with something worthwhile reading

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2018 at 7:03 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Disgusting irresponsible idiot.

No pedestrian would be able to notice such a speeding car in time.

The roads in Phuket or elsewhere in Thailand are not race tracks.

 

If there is indication that he sped like this before the accident I hope he does not escape with his big money but be thrown in jail and deported later.

 

I know press articles often contain nonsense, but if we give any credit to what's written in thethaiger, the victim's body is said to have been dragged on for 40 meters, which I believe is an incredibly short distance to stop a car going at high speed, especially on a wet road. if going 100 Kph, the distance would be close to 125m.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul John Mercer is the name of the idiot. A rich guy full of connections .  He should have ended up in prison for a long time. Instead he will pay his way out of this , and no prison time ,  unless Big Joke have a look at the case. 

 

He also posted Facebook videos of him driving over 200 km/h , which makes it even more disgusting. 

Of course the videos have been deleted by him a few hours after the accident , but I hope the cops are able to find them. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BestB said:

Do you just post nonsense to appear smart? Or it’s just a trait ?

 

lets see, article claiming it was a foreigner removed , so that might mean information was incorrect ?

 

have a ponder , few drinks and do come back with something worthwhile reading

Article removed I would guess due to location: in stead of posting in this thread somebody opened a new one on an existing topic.

 

Come to think of it, are links to daily mail allowed?

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Ahhhh straight from issan yet again! Quoting the daily wail is hardly substantive.

I have no reason to believe that the picture is a fake (even from dailymail).

I have good reason to enjoy big distance to characters like you.

 

 

mercer.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...