Has Chiang Mai changed since late-2016?

puukao

14 hours ago, naboo said:

Lamphun immigration is actually very busy. It is best you stick to Chiang Mai. And if anyone else suggests Lamphun immigration is not busy, I suggest you tell them otherwise. And there's no air-con in the hut. I had to wait for 3 minutes once, I was on the verge of breaking sweat! A horror show. Stay away.

The town is dreadful too. No tailors selling overpriced suits, and no massage girls screaming "handsome man". The shopping mall only stocks things you might buy and the coffee shops can cost as much as 40B. After 5 years, I still can't get out of my head the time someone tried to up the price of some oranges because I'm white, and the museum in town charges white people 20B instead of 10. A horror show of dual pricing.

House rental can cost as much as 5000B/month and to buy can be as much as half the price of the same place in Chiang Mai. The road upgrades mean it is currently taking me a full 15 minutes to get to the Don Chan intersection (though this may be reduced once the road upgrades are complete).

The Chang Girls are only 9.5/10, the Singha Girls not much better and they have Lao Khao girls who are nearly as ugly as the girls down Loi Kroh. And some of the places ask 90B for a big Heineken. I don't know how they get away with it.

Madness. Stay away.

Funny, and I get it.

Just so you know they are in construction on a new Lamphun immigration office preparing for future growth.

Unfortunately for some, Lamphun area will be the next big growth spot especially like you say with that new road, it may actually be closer then Mae Rim.  I can see more Chinese go crazy there with the quaint downtown area.

So, I bet that road fills up quickly with major increase traffic in 3 to 5 years.  

I like Lamphun possibly still a good real estate investment area.

Archived