Anyone ever tried to call the german consulate in bkk. Absolutely impossible

ubonr1971

Ha Ha, You thinkonly DeutschlandD.. try India in Dubai or Canada in Boston.  total FRAUD Gangsters. ALL!!

Especially if youhave urgent need for Passport replacement, stolen from Hotel Room. My Omani friend, born Tanzania, Saudi Passport. was stranded in Nova Scotia after Ottawa lost his Saudi Passport. No connection possible in Ottawa, Boston, Washington for 6 weeks. He stayed in my house while his brother waited in London. Not the first incident. Typical for Canada. I never ever in 30 years managed to access Canada Consul in Boston. Same same, I never managed direct contact with Canada Ambassador in Thailand.. a post often abandoned. in spite of direct intervention by my buddies at Canada Security and "Intelligence " ha ha ha ..??CSIS??whatever.

How about that old boy, Mr. Secret Service silly boys...Mike Baker,? Don . ?...I cannot remember all your fake names ...

You monitored my phone, my wife phone in Canada, even monitored my phones in Sharjah. You really are silly clowns. My African Doctor Philomena recognized your voice several times during fraudulent interception. Please get more smart! <deleted>. Even my Grand Daughters LAUGH at your imbecile theatrics! Remember the old sitcom GET SMART!!

Just please answer your goddamn phone, like I did all my 70 years business life. GET SMART!

They are all much of a muchness, not a lot to choose between any of them.

I think many of us still harbor this nostalgic notion that embassies are there to actually help, provide help and assistance for their citizens overseas.

I believe that mission is long gone. At best if you get banged up, they send someone to the prison, but for much more, forget about it.

Their primary focus is diplomatic interface with the host nation, citizen services are a very very minor part of their mission statement nowadays.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

They are all much of a muchness, not a lot to choose between any of them.

I think many of us still harbor this nostalgic notion that embassies are there to actually help, provide help and assistance for their citizens overseas.

I believe that mission is long gone. At best if you get banged up, they send someone to the prison, but for much more, forget about it.

Their primary focus is diplomatic interface with the host nation, citizen services are a very very minor part of their mission statement nowadays.

Well said.

This ingrained romantic notion that Embassies/Consulates exist for the service of respected nationals passed in the wind some time ago. Naturally, there might be exceptions. But this has largely become the rule. 

It is what it is. 

• Like 1

Like many western nation consulates in Asia and other tropical paradises globally.....the officers in post are lazy,  just enjoying themselves with booze, paneng and pussy and not doing their jobs ... good for them....but a nightmare for their nationals seeking administrative assistance !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

The American embassy answered the phone by a human who promptly transferred me to the robot lady without a word.

They are not here to help Americans apparently. Why they are here is a mystery to me.

Promoting arms sales, plotting regime change. 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2018 at 7:57 PM, lungbing said:

I doubt that Germany has a consulate in Bangkok.  I have no doubt that it has an embassy.

The Dept of Consular Services, which most people deal with, can be located within the embassy or externally.

They  just hang up after waiting on hold long time. Absolutely useless. Ive only heard negative things about this consulate.

Very refreshing to know that it is not something unique to the Thai's or the 'undeveloped'

Maybe it is due to a 'technical' issue

:cheesy:

On 10/12/2018 at 6:27 PM, lungbing said:

I doubt that Germany has a consulate in Bangkok.  I have no doubt that it has an embassy.

https://www.embassypages.com/missions/embassy1162/

German Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand

9 South Sathon Road
Bangkok 10120
Thailand
TELEPHONE(+66) 2287 9000
FAX(+66) 2287 1776
[email protected]
WEBSITEwww.bangkok.diplo.de
OFFICE HOURSMon-Thu: 07.00-15.30
Fri: 07.00-13.00
HEAD OF MISSIONMr Peter Prügel, Ambassador

On 10/12/2018 at 5:52 PM, jgarbo said:

Promoting arms sales, plotting regime change. 

Seriously?

I don't think they are competent enough to do that.

However, judging by our current leadership, their performance is stellar.

What a shit embassy. No phones allowed inside. The first area doesn't have aircon. The next area is small and extremely crowded. Short staffed and long queues. Absolute shambles of a place and unfriendly. No wonder they dont answer the phones....