How to eat avocados

simon43

Spoon the avocado out of its skin then mash it with a dollop of 'Best Foods' mayo, plus freshly ground black pepper, garlic salt and a squeeze of lime juice.

Spread on toasted thickly cut ciabatta bread or French bread.

We like to eat it like that with scrambled eggs & smoked salmon. Yummy!

On 10/12/2018 at 1:22 PM, KneeDeep said:

You have to buy them somewhere in between. If not, you'll need to store them, perhaps wrapped in paper, until they ripen. Not in the fridge.

When they begin to give a little under a gentle squeeze, you can decide when you want to eat them. Once they begin to reipen, you can place them in the fridge if you've purchsed quite a few and won't eat them all in a short space of time.

If when you go to buy them and you find they are already 'giving a little', you can flick out the remainder of the stem. If it is bright green where the stem sat, the flesh will still be bright green inside.

You can eat it sliced into salads, slice in half, scoop out the seed and place some filling of your choice(French vinaigrette, prawn cocktail etc), mash it up with coriander, lime juice and salt to make guacamole which you can eat with tortilla chips, fried green banana chips...

Look on-line for recipes ????

Excellent advise, I just made Guacamole today! Seriously. Prior I would put salsa in it but the medication I’m taking now makes Ketchup spicy. 

This is one I put avocado,cream cheese,squeezed lime and pepper.

Not bad at all I could eat it everyday! So. Calif. where I lived you had a lot of places to buy avocados or at restaurants. 

The avocado bought yesterday are good. Couldn’t see the type or 

where they came from. Prior the store had from Kiwi land. Always had a lot of stringy root looking inside with very little of the good stuff. 

Heres a oicture if our our little dog that HATED the guacamole..

enjoy the day

2EA4810A-7D6D-4959-A880-A24071146D97.jpeg

2 hours ago, pikao said:

Popular in parts of India and Sri Lanka. The one I liked the most was a mix from Avocado, vanilla ice cream (not sure if there was also milk in it) and crushed ice blended together

Yes, that is very similar to the way they like avocado in the Philippines. They use sweetened condensed milk and crushed ice often instead of ice cream.

Hi,

Indeed advocado is very healthy and yummy, just as it is, mixed with other items in salad, or as Guacamole or, my favorite, mixed with Tahini (organic sesame paste). Then you create a kind of humus that is usually made with the same Tahini but with chick pea paste. Ingredients are:

* One advocado (not too young as you need to mix it as a paste)

* 2 Tbsp of Tahini (ideally organic)

* 10 ml of lime or lemon juice

* 10 ml of extra-virgin olive oil (ideally organic)

* 5-10g of garlic fine chopped

* 10 ml of water

* Pepper & salt (hymalayan pink one is the best)

Mix all with a fork or in a blender, the eat it with nice bread or as a dip sauce for raw vegetables such as carrot or cauliflower, etc.

I can supply all the organic ingredients (as I own a shop) but I don't want to advertise so if you're interested just contact me in pm.

Bon appétit! ????

IMG_20180709_222501.jpg

IMG_20180802_173953.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 10/13/2018 at 7:19 AM, Joe Mcseismic said:

Are there two types of Avocado available here?

The first, which I suspect are imported, have a black skin that the flesh falls away from very easily.

The other type (local?) have a green skin that doesn't part from the flesh. The second type is not the unripe version of the first. The Black skin has dimpling, whilst the green is smooth.

I like the former best.

I guess there are many types. Yes, some are green while others are purple >>> https://www.oola.com/life-in-flavor/2404201/all-the-different-types-of-avocados/

Archived