500+ Foreigners Arrested In New Nationwide Raids

webfact

In the future this is gonna affect everyone. They don't want long term falangs here. Just our money. Fly in, blow your cash and off back home.
Not brit but if I was forced out I would gladly go home and return as a 2 week millionaire twice a year. Much more fun when I did that
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blackhorse said:
1 hour ago, Cuba said:
In the future this is gonna affect everyone. They don't want long term falangs here. Just our money. Fly in, blow your cash and off back home.

Not brit but if I was forced out I would gladly go home and return as a 2 week millionaire twice a year. Much more fun when I did that

Unfortunately that is not an option for me. I have 2 ex wives living in the same city.

Thai Visa .com said you arrested "500+Foreigners in new Nationwide Raids" why do you show pictures of only three Black Male? Three is a long way from 500+, why not show pictures of others.

I know Thai people don't like dark complexion people, it is a known fact that Thai people spend Millions of dollars on items that make themselves look light complexion. Take a look at all the department stores, grocery stores, and 7/11, there shelves  are full of items that "says make you white". I blame this on the European country that have found a market for these items, and have cause the Thai people who do not use these products, a nation known as Black and White.

I have been around for a long time and I know and have seen in USA, Europe, Korea. Vietnam, and South America, a Thai person will announced themselves as THAI not White no matter how much they have Bleach themselves. God forbid if they tell a white person that they are white like they are.

It is the only country that I have lived in that Thai people want to be European and not Thai people it is a disgrace, because no other Asia country want to be European.

You have many Universities of higher learning and many graduations each, and you still act as if there is only two colors in Thailand Black and White. You are close to the Equator therefore you are a dark yellow nation know matter how much you bleach yourselves. Be what you are and stop pretending to be European.

You show Three Black men with police all around them on ThaiVisa.com, what happen to the other 497+ are they not worthy of a photo OP? NO! but your objective is to show Thailand that every Black man is bad, and so every Thai person that sees a Black man no matter what country they are from will think they are bad. SHAME ON YOU. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I would not bounce my balls in glee on the misfortune of others as tomorrow they could start picking on westerners either on overstay issues or on further extension of stay issues....face it...they want the foreign money but not the people that spend it ...

Furthermore, far from approving the African drug peddlars taking over the streets, as a normal person I may like to believe that all of the rounded up here were not dealing dope and many could have been employed by unscrupulous Thais for low paid difficult jobs...

But seems that some like to look down on the weaker...it makes them forget their own inner misery and gives an illusion of feeling better.

I would not bounce my balls in glee on the misfortune of others as tomorrow they could start picking on westerners either on overstay issues or on further extension of stay issues....face it...they want the foreign money but not the people that spend it ...

Furthermore, far from approving the African drug peddlars taking over the streets, as a normal person I may like to believe that all of the rounded up here were not dealing dope and many could have been employed by unscrupulous Thais for low paid difficult jobs...

But seems that some like to look down on the weaker...it makes them forget their own inner misery and gives an illusion of feeling better.
You really don't understand? Doesn't matter if they were selling lollipops or heroine.

They are here ILLEGALLY!

18 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

You really don't understand? Doesn't matter if they were selling lollipops or heroine.

They are here ILLEGALLY!

Like many westerners also are staying...illegally !...and what you did not understand, is that it could be the (overstay or illegal) westeners turn tomorrow to get busted !..hence, not to rejoice to fast !...simple !

Like many westerners also are staying...illegally !...and what you did not understand, is that it could be the (overstay or illegal) westeners turn tomorrow to get busted !..hence, not to rejoice to fast !...simple !
So what? Get legal or get busted. I still can't see your point
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

I would not have any problems if they targeted the Western over-stayers next .

The only reason why they havent targeted Western over-stayers , is that western overstayers do not all congregate together and make them selves visible en-masse

2 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Yes,that is what you would "like" to believe , BUT , why would you "like" to believe that?

(I also disagree that a "normal" person would disregard the facts and believe what they want to believe , a "normal" person believes in facts and reality)

On 10/12/2018 at 8:27 AM, humbug said:

no, you dont say, all these chinese origin people owning businesses and land, but i am pretty god damn sure there are indians who have thai passports as well who own land and businesses. But yeah like every chinese origin person will be legal, i think not especially in a densed population of chinatown. And still not 1 chinese origin person arrested not even for 'petty crimes' 

rubbish talk...........there are hundreds of Thai Indians, 2d and 3rd generations living/born in Thailand, they are Thais, big business families, respected and have been here since the sixties.  You ever heard of IndoChina??  it included Thailand as ell, a hundred years ago - here are gold shops in China Town 150 years old...............the topic is about illegal black immigrants...........not white or yellow.......

13 hours ago, Cuba said:

In the future this is gonna affect everyone. They don't want long term falangs here. Just our money. Fly in, blow your cash and <deleted> off back home.

What a stupid reply. 

They don't want the illegal immigrants the same way people bitch about them back home. If you have your paperwork done properly they will not kick you out.

If you are a non European and want to live in Europe longterm you will go through as much paperwork and hassle as here (arguably the process is more advanced and more efficient). I don't understand why people assume that here it should be different and they should just let everybody stay here for as long as they want. 

19 hours ago, allanos said:

It is called "the politics of victimisation".  Any time a person of colour is criticised (justly) over something, anything, they play the so-called "race card".  And they play it very well.  And well-meaning, but naive, liberals don't see through the sham, and fall over themselves to be apologists.

no wonder I am such a misanthrope.

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2018 at 9:48 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Can you explain what you mean about "Lumpini" and working it off or paying it off?

IDC isn't there, but elsewhere at Soi Suan Plu, right?  I'm confused...

When you get rolled up on the suk you get hauled off to Lumphini police station. There the gals are given time to accrue the money to be released. Those who can’t come up with the money are then booked and processed to IDC or cut a deal with a cop. 

Does this help somewhat?

On 10/13/2018 at 8:43 AM, rott said:

I do not want to repeat his long post again but what can he tell us about this African diaspora in Chantaburi. I never knew there was one.

Certainly. The Thai gemstone trade, which Chanthaburi is the hub for as they’ve mastered the techniques for cutting, heating, and polishing rough stones into the beautiful ruby you may have bought your wife. It was estimated in 2012 that roughly 79% of the worlds gemstones are finished there. 

Africans bring the rough stones to Thailand from all across the continent. There’s perhaps 3000 Africans with families, children in government schools, businesses, cars and all the other things that you would expect. They contribute so much to the local economy that in 2014 Chanthaburi Immigration department moved the office from 60 km out in the bush to downtown Chanthaburi for the sole purpose of making it convenient for the Africans. Let that sink in for a moment. Boggles the mind doesn’t it. In fact the population is so vibrant that the Tesco Lotus as a small ethnic section they stock items. This wouldn’t qualify for a disapora?  

Sadly this very group group was detained at church last weekend and 100’s of people were shamed. Outcome: 0 arrests. Why were they targeted? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Michael Stribling said:

Certainly. The Thai gemstone trade, which Chanthaburi is the hub for as they’ve mastered the techniques for cutting, heating, and polishing rough stones into the beautiful ruby you may have bought your wife. It was estimated in 2012 that roughly 79% of the worlds gemstones are finished there. 

Africans bring the rough stones to Thailand from all across the continent. There’s perhaps 3000 Africans with families, children in government schools, businesses, cars and all the other things that you would expect. They contribute so much to the local economy that in 2014 Chanthaburi Immigration department moved the office from 60 km out in the bush to downtown Chanthaburi for the sole purpose of making it convenient for the Africans. Let that sink in for a moment. Boggles the mind doesn’t it. In fact the population is so vibrant that the Tesco Lotus as a small ethnic section they stock items. This wouldn’t qualify for a disapora?  

Sadly this very group group was detained at church last weekend and 100’s of people were shamed. Outcome: 0 arrests. Why were they targeted? 

And all of these upstanding folk have the necessary work permits, business permits, permanent residences, etc?

There is a bit of a dichotomy in your response.  Why would immigration move their offices from 60km in the bush to downtown, to make life easier and more convenient for this African diaspora, and which is very kind and thoughtful of immigration, only then to hassle them in church on Sundays?

I cannot see the logic (although many might respond that, in Thailand, there is no logic with offialdom).

• Like 1

On 10/12/2018 at 10:12 PM, sanemax said:

What do you mean by that ?

Which Thais invited this behavior and how did they invite it ?

(And how did they make money from it ?)

Cocaine trafficking to Asia has always been the Nigerian cartels business. The shortest distance of the Atlantic is Colombia to Guinea. There’s not a prison in Asia that’s as insufferable as a slum in Lagos so the youth don’t particularly fear incarceration at all. 

Rich people love cocaine and can buy the leverage to have it brought here. This is not a phenomenon this happens anywhere drugs are consumed. After the mules arrived they were sent to the streets to sell bags of cocaine and they operated in the open and observation of the police. Nobody can deny that. In fact mention blacks and soon afterward peddling cocaine is mentioned and even today if they are detained with cocaine they’re often released. Tourist got high. Corner boys got some cash, police got paid, and sizable amounts went to the part of Thai society were not privy to. 

And then meth...

The arrival of Ice which is more powerful and can be locally manufactured has beaten the demand for cocaine in every way. Now hundreds of young Nigerian men are out of there income stream and have begun themselves to bring in Ice manufactured in China. That doesn’t sit well with police who as most know run the local trade. The product from China is superior in grade and hasn’t been pinched by Thai hands so it has appropriate value. The Thai product from Burma suffered although slightly we all know the sin of eating from somchai rice bowl. These arrests as you have seen are not drug related but are targeting them nonetheless. 

Perhaps my long winded essay is helpful. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, allanos said:

And all of these upstanding folk have the necessary work permits, business permits, permanent residences, etc?

There is a bit of a dichotomy in your response.  Why would immigration move their offices from 60km in the bush to downtown, to make life easier and more convenient for this African diaspora, and which is very kind and thoughtful of immigration, only then to hassle them in church on Sundays?

I cannot see the logic (although many might respond that, in Thailand, there is no logic with offialdom).

Yes as seen from the outcome of the operation 0 arrests.  Yes. Business’s , work permits, visa and the gamut of things your bias is refusing to accept. Houses, wife, kids, black Muslims on motorbikes (cool band name).

i also was stunned that the community in Chanthaburi was targeted as well, but is easily explained once Thainlogic is introduced. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, allanos said:

So what are you suggesting ? I somehow just conjured up this entire story? Mr. you’d want to reconsider accusing me of lying. I’m a good Christian man but I’ll not have that. 

My source for this information. I lived in Chanthaburi for 7 years and my rental home is leased by a man from Mali and his family.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, sanemax said:

I would not have any problems if they targeted the Western over-stayers next .

The only reason why they havent targeted Western over-stayers , is that western overstayers do not all congregate together and make them selves visible en-masse

A sweep through the food court of tesco lotus on Sukhumvit Soi 50 would net a bus load of them.

though something tells me that even officer Somchai knows it’s a bad idea to have that many diabetics having an insulin crash down at the station. 

• Confused 1

On 10/12/2018 at 2:01 PM, lkv said:

I'm kind of getting tired of this pre election "we want to look good" nationalistic abuse.

They are just taking people off the street because it's picture time.

I also don't agree with, "well if you haven't done anything wrong, it doesn't affect you" logic.

You are getting tired of people getting arrested who do not abide by the law and which are making the good people suffer with stricter immigration rules? 

I'm sorry, but I think they do a good job cleaning up the scum. Scum meaning all people who overstay more than a couple of months. Overstay by circumstances like an illness is and should be no problem.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2018 at 2:22 PM, lkv said:

Well on that logic it affects everybody, regardless of the type of visa they are on.

So your logic is: "let's just stop everybody see what's going on?".

Mmm. Great.

People who abide by the law don't have any reason to fear. In the event that the rtp stops and checks you there will be no problem. I live here more than 13 years and never be stopped or questioned or checked, but then again I don't hang out in nana nor I live in a touristy area. My Visa and wp is extended every 2 years. 

3 minutes ago, Cheops said:

People who abide by the law don't have any reason to fear.

That is a bold lie. There are countless people who abide by the letter of the law and still get screwed everyday. I have countless stories from my own personal experiences and many other Farang I know. 

• Confused 1