Jump to content

buying Windows 10 from Lazada - how to know if genuine?


pete66

Recommended Posts

I need to buy a Windows keys to install into a fresh NUC machine.

 

I (think) I am happy to go with an OEM key.

 

But when I search on Lazada, prices seem to run from 200B up to 8000B. What should I be looking for to know I'm getting a genuine unpirated key? (Obviously not a 200B price point, lol, but there is such a huge range of prices, and just because someone is trying to charge 2000B or 3000B doesn't mean it's genuine....)

 

So what should I be looking for? Any way to test keys for validity before purchasing, for instance?

 

Also if I buy Home Edition, and it's OEM, does that affect my ability to upgrade to Pro at a later date?

 

Cheers,

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just buy Pro in the first place. If there is a problem with a key after a time, at worst you've only lost 200 baht. If the seller is still selling, they can replace it.

What nonsense about testing a key before purchase. What are you thinking? Try before you buy? He gives you the key to try and then hopes you will pay afterwards?

Don't make a drama out of nothing.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a couple of Windows 10 Keys for me and friends on ebay.co.uk or ebay.de without any problems. Who buys Windows Home if you get a Pro Key for 200 THB?

 

Sometimes the keys can not be activated online, in that case you have to call an automated number which is a little bit a PITA as it takes 5 minutes but otherwise, you'll save a lot of money compared to if you would buy a box.

 

https://www.ebay.de/itm/163264657992

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283130874651

 

Nobody will send you a key for testing ! Once the seller sends out the key, you can not return or cancel.
I think most of the cheap keys on ebay are second hand volume licenses from big companies.
I had positive experiences with the windows licenses from ebay, so I'll stick with them. Office Software also dirt cheap and working!


On ebay you can see how long the seller is registered, feedback etc. If there is someone who sells crack keys, you can expect that ebay will deactivate the seller account in a short time. If you sale only for 50 USD a day, you may stay under the radar for a long time. But some of those sellers sale 100 or more license keys in a day. So Ebay and Paypal are very interested that the buyer gets the real deal. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, uwe_rayong said:

I bought a couple of Windows 10 Keys for me and friends on ebay.co.uk or ebay.de without any problems. Who buys Windows Home if you get a Pro Key for 200 THB?

 

Sometimes the keys can not be activated online, in that case you have to call an automated number which is a little bit a PITA as it takes 5 minutes but otherwise, you'll save a lot of money compared to if you would buy a box.

 

https://www.ebay.de/itm/163264657992

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283130874651

 

Nobody will send you a key for testing ! Once the seller sends out the key, you can not return or cancel.
I think most of the cheap keys on ebay are second hand volume licenses from big companies.
I had positive experiences with the windows licenses from ebay, so I'll stick with them. Office Software also dirt cheap and working!


On ebay you can see how long the seller is registered, feedback etc. If there is someone who sells crack keys, you can expect that ebay will deactivate the seller account in a short time. If you sale only for 50 USD a day, you may stay under the radar for a long time. But some of those sellers sale 100 or more license keys in a day. So Ebay and Paypal are very interested that the buyer gets the real deal. 

 

thanks for the tip, thats very helpful when I need to upgrade later!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently bought a Windows 10 installation key and an Office installation key on Lazada. The price was between B200 and B300 for each key. The keys arrived quickly, were accepted by the Microsoft software installation site, and installed without any problem. Most of the sellers seem to be legitimate, and the difference seems to be whether they are selling a "new" program key (>B3,000) or selling a key from a previously installed program on a now dead computer (>B200), which following a recent Eurozone case is now legal. Choose a seller that has many pleased customers (5 stars), and I think you will be ok. The only problem with the Lazada sellers is that their instructions that come with the key are in Thai, but there are more than enough installation videos on YouTube to guide you through the installation process with little/no problem. The Microsoft site automatically updated the Windows 10 program already on my  computer (which was a legitimate institutional program, but installed without the proper key), but I was required to delete the Office program on my computer before installing the new Office program with the supplied key. But it was all pretty clear and easy, less than 20 minutes for each program key. As everyone has said, get the Pro version as the price is virtually the same. And at worst, if by chance you get a pirated copy, you are out B200 -- not a big risk IMO, and the saving is tremendous.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, observer90210 said:

If it mucks up and bugs your computer, you can be sure it's genuine !

 

(p.s. go for a Mac)

Windows 10 is wrecking machines with every update. I've been converting friends' machines to Linux Mint version, very smooth. No complaints so far. Why does anyone use Microsoft trash? Been running Linux since 1995, now easier to install than Windows, no viruses, thousands of apps, and FREE. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Fat Prophet said:

I recently bought a Windows 10 installation key and an Office installation key on Lazada. The price was between B200 and B300 for each key. The keys arrived quickly, were accepted by the Microsoft software installation site, and installed without any problem. Most of the sellers seem to be legitimate, and the difference seems to be whether they are selling a "new" program key (>B3,000) or selling a key from a previously installed program on a now dead computer (>B200), which following a recent Eurozone case is now legal. Choose a seller that has many pleased customers (5 stars), and I think you will be ok. The only problem with the Lazada sellers is that their instructions that come with the key are in Thai, but there are more than enough installation videos on YouTube to guide you through the installation process with little/no problem. The Microsoft site automatically updated the Windows 10 program already on my  computer (which was a legitimate institutional program, but installed without the proper key), but I was required to delete the Office program on my computer before installing the new Office program with the supplied key. But it was all pretty clear and easy, less than 20 minutes for each program key. As everyone has said, get the Pro version as the price is virtually the same. And at worst, if by chance you get a pirated copy, you are out B200 -- not a big risk IMO, and the saving is tremendous.  

 

Great advice Fat Prophet. The issue I found in the past with "non-legit" keys was that you had to turn off updates, which is a huge security risk, amongst other things. But since you are saying you can now get legit keys for 200B+, then GREAT!

 

2 hours ago, jgarbo said:

Windows 10 is wrecking machines with every update. I've been converting friends' machines to Linux Mint version, very smooth. No complaints so far. Why does anyone use Microsoft trash? Been running Linux since 1995, now easier to install than Windows, no viruses, thousands of apps, and FREE. 

Well, I do happen to own a Linux Mint box as well 🙂 so I'm with you on that. It just doesn't have the horsepower I need to do the particular job ... and I like the odd 3D games as well 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jgarbo said:

Windows 10 is wrecking machines with every update. I've been converting friends' machines to Linux Mint version, very smooth. No complaints so far. Why does anyone use Microsoft trash? Been running Linux since 1995, now easier to install than Windows, no viruses, thousands of apps, and FREE. 

I bought one for a couple of hundred baht a year or so ago.  I have Win 10 on 4 computers at home.  I switched from Ubuntu.  No problems with the Win 10 and many new features since the latest updates.  No virus problems I use Bitdefender and a VPN.  I was using free versions of Win 10 with the nag message and I just wanted to see if the 200 baht ones would work and they did flawlessly.  I already had Win 10 loaded and used the key to make it legal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, pete66 said:

I need to buy a Windows keys to install into a fresh NUC machine.

Those NUCs are fabulous little things. Wonder why I have a bloody great tower sitting on my desk. I use one as a media centre feeding a 50 inch Samsung telly. Great. Got the W10 key from ebay, instantaneous, £2.99.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...