Top 10 scams in Thailand

webfact

Also, if you’re 65, overweight, haven’t had a shave for three days and are wearing a 20 year old floral short-sleeved shirt, NO young girl is ever going to want to have a drink with you.

Excuse me Sir, but I beg to differ.............:whistling:

AND!!!! He never once mentioned the sick buffalo.....

• Haha 1

This kind of article is written by and for people who just finished their scholarship last year in a boarding school run by nuns! Anyone who has been hanging around in any red light district of the world and they are many, knows that there are prostitute,s scammers and drug dealer on every street’s corner, and after 10/11 PM/ midnight some brawls are starting between drunkards the bouncers themselves begin their tasks without gloves, hookers’ clients are prowling the streets and so on…

but Thailand Thailand Thailand ...It makes me laugh this kind of  articles is written for Penguins who choke while reading them 

22 hours ago, harrycallahan said:

It's a good thing you saved the people who would have sought an international driver's licence rather than a international driver's permit. Imagine the trouble they would be in asking for a licence rather than a permit. 

It is not about semantics, it is about facts, something the author seems short of.

18 hours ago, Speedhump said:

Haha. If your can't get friends without splashing the cash you must be a terrible person! Same applies to a nice Thai girlfriend. I guess you are really just joking (or an awful person). ????????????

I really am a terribly awful person.

QQ Photo20160730133335.gif

On 10/15/2018 at 6:28 AM, certacito said:

Maybe the writer should check his "facts" before he writes.

"Do you have an international drivers license covering the riding of motorbikes" - There is no such thing, there is an international driving permit that must be linked to a valid licence.

Wrong. Check YOUR facts....

An IDL must have a 'motorcycle endorsement' in order to be valid when renting/riding a motorcycle.

A recent bike tour in the North had our group pulled over in CM,we all had a IDL or Thai license but one guy didn't have the M-endorsement on his IDL and had to pay the 500b fine.

Edited by HaleySabai

16 hours ago, HaleySabai said:

Wrong. Check YOUR facts....

An IDL must have a 'motorcycle endorsement' in order to be valid when renting/riding a motorcycle.

A recent bike tour in the North had our group pulled over in CM,we all had a IDL or Thai license but one guy didn't have the M-endorsement on his IDL and had to pay the 500b fine.

Seriously, you just made yourself look foolish, a simple search would have told you that I was right.

"The International Driving Permit (IDP), often (and incorrectly) referred to as International Driving License, is a document that, along with your valid home driver's license, allows you to legally drive a motor vehicle while abroad."

https://www.dmv.org/international-driver-permits.php

16 hours ago, certacito said:

Seriously, you just made yourself look foolish, a simple search would have told you that I was right.

"The International Driving Permit (IDP), often (and incorrectly) referred to as International Driving License, is a document that, along with your valid home driver's license, allows you to legally drive a motor vehicle while abroad."

https://www.dmv.org/international-driver-permits.php

.... of course it does Einstein, BUT not valid for driving a motorcycle if the endorsement is not included in the permit.  That is the point.

11 hours ago, certacito said:

No, the point is that you swore blind it was a licence, not a permit.

I "swore blind"....now you are just blowing green smoke out your butt....but,o.k you win...don't get your panties tied in a knot!.....ya, just habit,it's commonly referred to as a license(IDL) in my country. In this context however "permit" is correct because it is used in contract to a "license"....observe the correct spelling?

11 hours ago, HaleySabai said:

In this context however "permit" is correct because it is used in contract to a "license"....observe the correct spelling?

Nope! What I see is the American spelling, and being British I don't spell it like that.

"Licence vs. License. License is both a noun and a verb in the United States. If you live in any other English-speaking country, you will spell it licence when you use it as a noun and license when you use it as a verb."

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/licence-license/

• 8 months later...