Video: "Monk holding a beer bottle" takes a swing at man in the market

webfact

Video: "Monk holding a beer bottle" takes a swing at man in the market

3pm2.jpg

vide screenshot

Thai Rath showed a CCTV clip that featured a man in saffron robes swiping out at a layman in a market.

The monk appears to be holding a beer bottle. 

The layman had apparently confronted the monk asking why he was drinking beer in the market at 9am and not in the temple. 

The Thai Rath presenters were unsure of the circumstances. They questioned whether the man was a real monk. 

Though they were sure that if he was a real monk he should not be drinking beer and should be back in the temple after his alms round. 

The incident was believed to have happened in Bangkok. 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-15

5 minutes ago, keith101 said:

He hit him with his left hand and did not swing the beer bottle at all that i could see unless he had done it earlier out of sight or the video was edited .

No one said he took a swing at him with the beer bottle.

Said "a man holding a bottle takes a swing at man".

Tell me something new. Actually, when we get these stories about monks we need to know if it's an ordinary bloke on a temporary ordination or a fully fledged career monk; the former lapsing might be understandable the latter would indicate "Something is rotten in the State of Denmark".

5 hours ago, Will27 said:
5 hours ago, keith101 said:

He hit him with his left hand and did not swing the beer bottle at all that i could see unless he had done it earlier out of sight or the video was edited .

No one said he took a swing at him with the beer bottle.

Said "a man holding a bottle takes a swing at man".

i propose a new tv sub-forum called "reading comprehension"

6 hours ago, keith101 said:

The monk behaved like a baboon - a very aggressive monkey!

It appears to me, the man in the white shirt and the monk probably knew each other and apparently didn't like each other too much.  Still not right for the monk to take a swing at the man, especially in public. 

15 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

I had to read up on Buckfast.  According to Wiki:  "... A diet of four bottles a day has been described as 'not conducive to a long life' in a Scottish court. ..."  :cheesy:

Tipple of choice for the monkhood .. allegedly and at 15% alcohol easy to see why .. 

On 10/17/2018 at 1:35 AM, Justgrazing said:

Tipple of choice for the monkhood .. allegedly and at 15% alcohol easy to see why .. 

Never seen buckfast in Thailand.

It's the choice of alkies in Scotland.

The Airdrie city council invited monks from Buckfast Abbey to see the carnage of broken bottles in the streets.

This is sad for one monk, not the entire Sanga, and certainly not funny.

Alcoholism is not a laughing matter, I am a recovered alcoholic. Many with such a disease join the monkhood to try to recover. They should be shown compassion, not derision. Sadly, religion doesn't have the power to cure this illness.

Archived