U.S. Sen. Warren, mocked by Trump as 'Pocahontas,' says DNA test backs her ancestry

webfact

11 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Anyone who has followed at all this kind of debate knows that what is fundamentally at issue here is the poltically determined stance of Native American leaders over the question of where did Native Americans come from. Overwhelmingly these leaders reject the science that shows Native Americans originally come from Asia. They claim that they have always been here in order to reinforce their claim on absolutely being native to the Americas. In other words they're rejecting science for other motives. In this, they're in good company when it comes to another tribal people called Republicans. In 2009 Pew did a poll of Republicans that showed 54 percent of Republicans believed that humans have evolved over time. In 2013 that number had declined to 43%. Couple that with the big majority of Republicans who reject global warming, it's no wonder that Republicans are now so enthusiastically supporting the Cherokees' claims. As the party of ignorance, it enthusiastically endorses denial of science wherever it is found.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Yes he definitely stands a good chance of losing the bet but I'd bet 1,000 ฿ he'll never make good on it.

I went to Fox to see how they're reporting it. One part was especially amusing. They wrote that "Trump Sets Terms.." instead of "Trump Reneges.".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I went to Fox to see how they're reporting it. One part was especially amusing. They wrote that "Trump Sets Terms.." instead of "Trump Reneges.".

Looks to me like the "conditions" he wants came about from his losing side.

RE: Timothy Sloan video.        He sounds exactly like the clowns that caused the 2008 meltdown and were hired back because they were the only ones who knew how the economy ended up as it did.     Incredible!

I hope John Stumpe hasn't seen the end of his being investigated but as often happen to the uber wealthy, he'll likely simply skate away from all his shady dealings.    I don't care what his political leanings are but I thank goodness they're people like Senator Warren who will be that "dog with a bone"  in going after him.

Edited by watcharacters

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As I recall, she made the claim as part of a political campaign, and has got called out on it.

I'm afraid you recall incorrectly. She never claimed it as part of any of her political campaigns. It was discovered by the Boston Globe and reported by them, that she had, approximately two decades ago and for less than ten years, listed herself as a member of a minority in a directory of Law Teachers.

It was Harvard Law School that tried to claim her as a native American, when facing criticism about the preponderance of white males on the faculty.

1 minute ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I'm afraid you recall incorrectly. She never claimed it as part of any of her political campaigns. It was discovered by the Boston Globe and reported by them, that she had, approximately two decades ago and for less than ten years, listed herself as a member of a minority in a directory of Law Teachers.

It was Harvard Law School that tried to claim her as a native American, when facing criticism about the preponderance of white males on the faculty.

Scott Brown did use the info in the Senate race he lost against Warren.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kamahele said:

Actually it proves her right and him wrong. She has never claimed citizenship of any native American tribe, only that her family had a native American ancestor and her family as recently as her parents generation faced discrimination due to their Native American ancestry. This discrimination was always a fact and now her heritage has been proven.

No, but she did list her Race as Native American on an application for a job. That was and remains a lIe. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Trump is from Germany. How do you think he acquires Native American genes - osmosis?

My family migrated from Denmark in the 1700's and I have more than Warren does how do you think Trump doesnt?? and as I said my Thai/American son shows 1.3% 

3 hours ago, bristolboy said:

It was trump who alleged she was making false claims. It was Trump who challenged her to prove it. Now that she has, he's reneging. First he denied he said it, not he's resetting the terms for honoring it.

So now .09% is enough to claim your race as Native American? Then half the population is African lmao there in no more need for racism as we are all african, thats so stupid

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

From your own quote I find this telling.

"While you obsess over my genes, your Admin is conducting DNA tests on little kids because you ripped them from their mamas & you are too incompetent to reunite them in time to meet a court order,” she wrote. “Maybe you should focus on fixing the lives you’re destroying.”

I thing there's more to Trump's challenge than your link  shows but I  don't have it at the moment.

7 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

No, she did not list her race as Native American on any job application. She listed herself as a member of a minority on a directory of Law Teachers for 9 years (about two decades ago). Her purported Native American ancestry was neither mentioned nor considered during any of her job applications according to the people that hired her.

Elizabeth Warren said late Wednesday that she had listed herself as Native American at Harvard University and the University of Pennsylvania.

“At some point after I was hired by them, I … provided that information to the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard,” she said in a statement to the Boston Globe, acknowledging the designation for the first time. “My Native American heritage is part of who I am, I’m proud of it and I have been open about it.”

9 minutes ago, iroc4life said:

My family migrated from Denmark in the 1700's and I have more than Warren does how do you think Trump doesnt?? and as I said my Thai/American son shows 1.3% 

And Trumps ancestry shows 100% DNA from a brainless clown! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, iroc4life said:

No, but she did list her Race as Native American on an application for a job. That was and remains a lIe. 

"At one point, Christopher Child, a genealogist at the New England Historic Genealogical Society, said that he had discovered possible supporting evidence. The Boston Globe reported that Child found a newsletter that indicated that Warren’s great-great-great grandmother had been listed as Cherokee on a marriage document in 1894. That would make Warren 1/32 American Indian, he said".

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/12/elizabeth-warrens-pocahontas-controversy/

To your point on lying on a Application !We know that she isn't Cherokee,because the so called report by the scientist couldn't make that claim. But used data from Peru Columbia ties to North American Indians. North American Indians are very angry with this far left lady using their good name for political aspirations.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elizabeth-warren-dna-test-science-2018-10

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

From your own quote I find this telling.

"While you obsess over my genes, your Admin is conducting DNA tests on little kids because you ripped them from their mamas & you are too incompetent to reunite them in time to meet a court order,” she wrote. “Maybe you should focus on fixing the lives you’re destroying.”

I thing there's more to Trump's challenge than your link  shows but I  don't have it at the moment.

Whats this got to do with -us-sen-warren-mocked-by-trump-as-pocahontas-says-dna-test-backs-her-ancestry

5 minutes ago, iroc4life said:

So now .09% is enough to claim your race as Native American? Then half the population is African lmao there in no more need for racism as we are all african, thats so stupid

You really are resistant to the facts of the case. The results showed that Warren could have an ancestor as early as 6 generations back or as far as 10 generations back.

If 10 generations back the percentage would be .097, if 6 generations back 3.25. Or somewhere in between those 2.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, iroc4life said:

Neither .09% nor 3% (the range of values shown by the report) are enough to claim your race as Native American which is probably why no-one is claiming that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

You really are resistant to the facts of the case. The results showed that Warren could have an ancestor as early as 6 generations back or as far as 10 generations back.

If 10 generations back the percentage would be .097, if 6 generations back 3.25. Or somewhere in between those 2.

You really like stretching facts as well to fit your opinion. I disagree with you on it, that doesnt make me resistant to facts just reading them differently ???? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

Anyone who has followed at all this kind of debate knows that what is fundamentally at issue here is the poltically determined stance of Native American leaders over the question of where did Native Americans come from. Overwhelmingly these leaders reject the science that shows Native Americans originally come from Asia. They claim that they have always been here in order to reinforce their claim on absolutely being native to the Americas. In other words they're rejecting science for other motives. In this, they're in good company when it comes to another tribal people called Republicans. In 2009 Pew did a poll of Republicans that showed 54 percent of Republicans believed that humans have evolved over time. In 2013 that number had declined to 43%. Couple that with the big majority of Republicans who reject global warming, it's no wonder that Republicans are now so enthusiastically supporting the Cherokees' claims. As the party of ignorance, it enthusiastically endorses denial of science wherever it is found.

So, then, race is NOT a social construct.  Been waiting for that. 

• Haha 2