Can Thailand lure the Chinese back?

webfact

The Chinese are not great travellers by any stretch and they aren't that great in their own country either.  They have a peasant mentality and this will die off with the older generation.  They spit everywhere, smoke in public around kids, they are actually worse drivers than Thais (I never believed this until I saw it) and they make noises like pigs when they eat.  On top of this they are very inconsiderate however........they are trying to change this.

Let's be honest, people shouting into mobile phones, screaming at each other in public, walking aimlessly around malls and streets etc without giving a toss for who's behind them, slurping their noodles, peeing anywhere they choose, leaving doors wide open when they enter or leave, queue jumping, disrespecting places of beauty with litter, and above all INCONSIDERATE.  I think the Thais above all would be throwing stones from a very fragile greenhouse no? 

20 minutes ago, Barnet said:

The Chinese are not great travellers by any stretch and they aren't that great in their own country either.  They have a peasant mentality and this will die off with the older generation.  They spit everywhere, smoke in public around kids, they are actually worse drivers than Thais (I never believed this until I saw it) and they make noises like pigs when they eat.  On top of this they are very inconsiderate however........they are trying to change this.

Let's be honest, people shouting into mobile phones, screaming at each other in public, walking aimlessly around malls and streets etc without giving a toss for who's behind them, slurping their noodles, peeing anywhere they choose, leaving doors wide open when they enter or leave, queue jumping, disrespecting places of beauty with litter, and above all INCONSIDERATE.  I think the Thais above all would be throwing stones from a very fragile greenhouse no? 

The Thais and Chinese are effectively the same people. Cousins cut from the same cultural cloth. There are some differences of course, with Thais having developed some cultural habits around dignity and politeness that the Chinese had but lost during the times of Mao. I see them as the same, more or less. 

Both passionately dislike westerners and both are endlessly arrogant, as a general national characteristic (though not everyone is like this, of course) -- and that is about all I need to know about them.