Wp's For Farang Managers

Hi there,

my partner and I have 49% in our company, 51% split between 5 other close friends and family. Non of them will be working for the company.

Both my partner and I will be.

We shall be using 3 other Thais who shall be paid on commission only basis by the company.

Both my partner and I would like to apply for a WP so that when some business income starts coming in, we can go 'legit' and start paying taxes etc.

I have heard reports regarding a 'ratio' a company should have of Thai employees to farang.

I have downloaded the information that is necessary to apply for a WP, both my partner and I + our company have all the necessary docs. Nowhere does it mention the number of Thai employees.

I would be applying at the labour office in Saraburi.

Cheers for any insight / past experience

James

What is the capitalization of the company. If it is 2 million baht you can apply for one WP. If you require 2 WP's the company will need to have 4 million baht in capital.

If you have fewer than 4 Thai employees, you will only be granted a 3 month visa and a 3 month work permit. 4 Thais or more would entitle you to a one year visa and work permit. However I think that a trading history and submission of tax returns is required before being able to apply for a one year visa and WP.

Speak to your accountant or lawyer who should be familiar with this.

Hi there,

my partner and I have 49% in our company, 51% split between 5 other close friends and family. Non of them will be working for the company.

Both my partner and I will be.

We shall be using 3 other Thais who shall be paid on commission only basis by the company.

Both my partner and I would like to apply for a WP so that when some business income starts coming in, we can go 'legit' and start paying taxes etc.

I have heard reports regarding a 'ratio' a company should have of Thai employees to farang.

I have downloaded the information that is necessary to apply for a WP, both my partner and I + our company have all the necessary docs. Nowhere does it mention the number of Thai employees.

I would be applying at the labour office in Saraburi.

Cheers for any insight / past experience

James

No official Labor Dept requirement to have any Thai employees employed for a foreigner to get work permit. However some up country Labor Dept offices are a Kingdom inside the Kingdom, and make up their own laws. They require one Thai employee per work permit.

If you apply for the work permit in Bangkok, then transfer it to up country. This is one way to overcome the up country law of one Thai employee that was not official. They cannot deny the transfer as BKk already approved the work permit.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com