Inside the thai consulate Vientiane

Is there any “fill out form service” at the consulate? I have som problem filling out the form always, my English isn’t my strongest side.

Usally I have used those overpriced people outside the consulate who hav done everything needed for, som can I get everything done inside the consulate? I remember I have read some time ago where ther is a sign about all this, but I’m not sure if th y still have those services.

thanks people ????????????????

Edited by The traveler
Not finished

Not sure about any service at consular section since I have not been there for a very long time.

Perhaps somebody could confirm this is the still the latest form they are using there. Vientiane visa form.pdf 

If it is then you could download it and complete it ahead of time. I suggest printing it two sided and in color.

Well they're not gona work for free are they !? (never said so).

How much do they take, 1,000 - 2,000 KIPS !?

Didn't know there were some ladies doing it inside, but if they're too busy jet get out and pay 1,000 KIP.

Edited by Pepper9187

2 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Well they're not gona work for free are they !?

2 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Well they're not gona work for free are they !?

Last Time I Went about 5 Years Ago,They were asking 500 THB !!!

4 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Last Time I Went about 5 Years Ago,They were asking 500 THB !!!

No way !

I think you misheard it for 5000 KIP ?, no way 500 THB to fill a form or maybe it was back in time when they were still able to fill the form and apply for you, so you don't have to wait X hours in the consulate but it's over now, they can only fill the form for you.

Edited by Pepper9187

3 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

No way !

I think you misheard it for 500 or 5000 KIP, no way 500 THB to fill a form or maybe it was back in time when they were still able to fill the form and apply for you, so you don't have to wait X hours in the consulate but it's over now, they can only fill the form for you.

O.K .................No Way you say ?? You'd better believe it Mate......

1 minute ago, Nong Khai Man said:

O.K .................No Way you say ?? You'd better believe it Mate......

I think they offered you to fill the form and apply for you for that price, not just fill it.

Or i don't know, were you wearing a Vuitton bag at that time !?

1 minute ago, Pepper9187 said:

I think they offered you to fill the form and apply for you for that price, not just fill it.

Or i don't know, were you wearing a Vuitton bag at that time !?

No Mate, But I Was wearing My GOLD Sun Glasses ( Armani ) & Pink Luminous Shorts !!

4 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

O.K I'll find out in 3 Weeks when I Go there.....Cheers !!

Don't go there too early if you can.

You beat the queue by arriving late when noeone's here anymore.

If you arrive at 9AM be sure you'll wait 3 hours.

Just an advise from someone who has done this many times.

It opens from 8:30 till 11:30, get there for not before 11am trust me, just make sure you got your pictures before, copies / filling the form takes 5mn MAX.

Edited by Pepper9187

Inside?  I was only out in the blazing heat.  But, I paid a guy 50 THB to fill it out for me...worked like a charm...been 10 years, though, and if I had to do that miserable trip every year, I would not be living here.  The joys of being 50.

There is not a fill in the form desk anymore I was there six months ago. Nothing on the left just a photocopier on the top of the steps and you can give 10 baht . Nobody really asking to do your fiend outside since last April  when I german  had his passport taken 

Edited by ArickChaiyaphum
Type errors

2 hours ago, Pepper9187 said:

It opens from 8:30 till 11:30, get there for not before 11am trust me, just make sure you got your pictures before, copies / filling the form takes 5mn MAX.

Early ?? Mate I Don't Normally get out of me bed till 10am,But I'll set the alarm for 9am on that day !!......555 !!

55 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Early ?? Mate I Don't Normally get out of me bed till 10am,But I'll set the alarm for 9am on that day !!......555 !!

Hehe same ! For those who don't know the procedure / what documents brings, i'd say go there at 11Am

For those who know the procedure, go there at 11:15, the gates close at 11:30 but as long as you'r already inside they'll process you.

Last timeS i was there, arrived last minutes, 1 minute IN/OUT done ! while other all wants to be there at 8:30 and wait hours.

3 hours ago, Pepper9187 said:

Hehe same ! For those who don't know the procedure / what documents brings, i'd say go there at 11Am

For those who know the procedure, go there at 11:15, the gates close at 11:30 but as long as you'r already inside they'll process you.

Last timeS i was there, arrived last minutes, 1 minute IN/OUT done ! while other all wants to be there at 8:30 and wait hours.

I think that is the best strategy for most people. It is worth remembering, though, that a late application can mean a couple of hours later pickup the next afternoon. That could be an issue for those rushing to get a 15:30 flight from Udon, say.

Just now, BritTim said:

I think that is the best strategy for most people. It is worth remembering, though, that a late application can mean a couple of hours later pickup the next afternoon. That could be an issue for those rushing to get a 15:30 flight from Udon, say.

Yep it really depends of whether you got a flight / bus that day and what time, but if you don't or late evening = best deal ever.

Also you don't have to worry about your ticket number for pickup, you got 500 ++ ? Just get to the consulate 15mn before it closes if your number has already been called = good for you, just pickup your passport anytime, they won't care if you'r late as long as you'r there before the consulate closes.

If your number hasn't been called out yet it's a matter of minutes.

13 hours ago, Pepper9187 said:

Yep it really depends of whether you got a flight / bus that day and what time, but if you don't or late evening = best deal ever.

Also you don't have to worry about your ticket number for pickup, you got 500 ++ ? Just get to the consulate 15mn before it closes if your number has already been called = good for you, just pickup your passport anytime, they won't care if you'r late as long as you'r there before the consulate closes.

If your number hasn't been called out yet it's a matter of minutes.

But What time does The Consulate Close for Pick Ups ( The Next Day ) ???

On 10/17/2018 at 3:31 PM, Pepper9187 said:

They charged me 50 baht inside the consulate for filling out the form, they do it on computer, charged me 10 baht for two copies so total 60 baht, they wrote wrong adress where I’m staying even when I told the young lady my adress 3 times, but I got my visa today, it was very quiet yesterday and today, when I was there, waited 2 min to give them the applications for, copies etc and waited 30 min today to pick up the visa.

went on my way out where I shared a van with 4 other people to the border, price was 200 baht, is that a good price ?

in July when I was there I got a taxi for myself to the border for 200 baht so.

Edited by The traveler
Wrong

52 minutes ago, The traveler said:

They charged me 50 baht inside the consulate for filling out the form, they do it on computer, charged me 10 baht for two copies so total 60 baht, they wrote wrong adress where I’m staying even when I told the young lady my adress 3 times, but I got my visa today, it was very quiet yesterday and today, when I was there, waited 2 min to give them the applications for, copies etc and waited 30 min today to pick up the visa.

went on my way out where I shared a van with 4 other people to the border, price was 200 baht, is that a good price ?

in July when I was there I got a taxi for myself to the border for 200 baht so.

I really can't tell about the price for your taxi, last time i did a run like that was maybe 10 years ago (i go by flight with Laos airways now, so i just take the tuk tuk from the river side to the consulate) but for the rest, sure OK.

What time did you arrived ? Did you used my method ? (late arrival) ?

Edited by Pepper9187

7 hours ago, Pepper9187 said:

I really can't tell about the price for your taxi, last time i did a run like that was maybe 10 years ago (i go by flight with Laos airways now, so i just take the tuk tuk from the river side to the consulate) but for the rest, sure OK.

What time did you arrived ? Did you used my method ? (late arrival) ?

Arrived 09:40. I gave my application form, copies and passport around 09:50 and picked it up next day around 14:30. Not much waiting and I had number 124.

4 hours ago, bmanly said:

Is getting a tourist visa a same day service or is it that you lodge one day and pick it up the next as above?

There is no same day service. Apply the morning of one day and pickup the next afternoon.

• Thanks 1