Anyone "lost" a parcel from iHerb?

giddyup

Been ordering from iHerb for a few years and always received the parcel, usually within 2-3 weeks. This time the order, which was sent on 30th August never arrived. It was sent DHL but the tracking number only works up until the time it leaves the US, it doesn't work in Thailand, so no way of really knowing where it disappeared. Fortunately it was only a $20 order, but anyone know what iHerb's policy is on missing parcels? Have sent them an email, but have yet to receive a reply.

You should get a quick refund. I've been ordering twice a month from iHerb for years and never had a problem. There is tracking with their new "DHL delivery by local post plus" option, which you can track all the way to delivery. You get it free for orders over $40.

• Like 1

I order from iHerb almost every month . Don't give up yet, one time the package arrived after 8 weeks. I am sure it is delays in Thailand , or the package ends up in the wrong province by mistake and it takes time to return it. 

• Like 1

I had an iHerb incorrect item delivered. I sent a few emails but no reply. I ended up talking to them and they explained that there is a link on the order page for reporting errors in shipments etc.  BUT the link only appears a (few) days after the 'estimated delivery date' has passed by.

So best wait and see if you get this reporting link. Take it from there.

13 hours ago, blackhorse said:

Last package was 2 weeks behind normal shipping dates called support and was told to give it a few more weeks and it did eventually turn up very very late.. It happens

This could have been a result of the iHerb system overload that started in September with the anniversary 22% discounts on offer. An order I made in late September was not shipped out for 10 days, whereas they are usually shipped within 24 hours. They are now back to normal.

One time they sent the wrong product. They gave me an instant refund and told me to keep the wrong product. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2018 at 8:45 PM, tropo said:

You should get a quick refund. I've been ordering twice a month from iHerb for years and never had a problem. There is tracking with their new "DHL delivery by local post plus" option, which you can track all the way to delivery. You get it free for orders over $40.

Apparently their free shipping on orders over $40 has been removed. I made a trial order ($44) a couple of weeks ago and got the free shipping. Received the order today so proceeded to make another order (one of many intended) of about $45 and it showed $8.33 for shipping. I contacted them by email and was advised they have eliminated free shipping to Thailand on minimum $40 orders.

Of course if the order size is increased in order to make it more cost efficient, Thai duty will kick in and add to the cost, on orders over $46 according to iHerb. Too bad...I had planned to do a lot of ordering with them but given the change, I will keep it to bare necessities.

https://th.iherb.com/shipping

DHL/UPS: Due to Thailand customs currently preventing importing of our products, we have currently suspended shipping orders to Thailand with DHL Express or UPS International. We are currently working with customs to determine what we can do to get our packages to be allowed entry into your country.

Luvly old customs department, may they burn in eternal hellfire.

21 hours ago, balo said:

I have been waiting 5 weeks now for my package so this time it's been slow here in Pattaya.  

iHerb gave me a refund after the parcel never showed up after 7 weeks, 3 weeks later still not here, so it's probably been confiscated. Only $20 worth, but now it seems future orders are on hold. I suppose someone in Thailand was getting pissed off that too many falangs weren't prepared to pay their exorbitant prices for vitamins etc.

• Sad 1

On 10/31/2018 at 5:33 PM, giddyup said:

iHerb gave me a refund after the parcel never showed up after 7 weeks, 3 weeks later still not here, so it's probably been confiscated. Only $20 worth, but now it seems future orders are on hold. I suppose someone in Thailand was getting pissed off that too many falangs weren't prepared to pay their exorbitant prices for vitamins etc.

I put in at least 2 orders per month and have done for years... usually around $40 - $60 per order. I have never had a hold up with Thailand post. I have never had to pay duty, and never lost a parcel. On average they arrive in 2 weeks after they have been shipped. Recently there was a delay in processing orders due to their anniversary discount offers and higher than usual demand.

There's a lot more to it than the prices for vitamins in Thailand. Most of the products I order cannot be found in Thailand. Having a source for US priced health supplements (cheapest in the world), delivered for free or very cheap shipping is a Godsend. 

Edited by tropo

On 10/29/2018 at 11:54 PM, Canuck50 said:

Apparently their free shipping on orders over $40 has been removed. I made a trial order ($44) a couple of weeks ago and got the free shipping. Received the order today so proceeded to make another order (one of many intended) of about $45 and it showed $8.33 for shipping. I contacted them by email and was advised they have eliminated free shipping to Thailand on minimum $40 orders.

Of course if the order size is increased in order to make it more cost efficient, Thai duty will kick in and add to the cost, on orders over $46 according to iHerb. Too bad...I had planned to do a lot of ordering with them but given the change, I will keep it to bare necessities.

I added a few items on an order last week and the shipping cost ended up zero. Another order was $1.33 shipping. There are 2 shipping options, one of which could have been half of what you paid. There's "delivery by local post plus" and "delivery by local post". The only difference is that you don't get full tracking in the 2nd option. How could you complain about that when you consider how much you're paying for these products. Even a shipment cost of $8.33 is very cheap, and most likely you'll still save money on a similar product sourced in Thailand. You're also getting a 10% loyalty bonus on each order, plus an additional 5% discount if you buy 2. Last week they had an additional 10% storewide discount, so I got free shipping and 25% discount overall.

Most of my orders are over $46, and Thai duty has never kicked in. Even if it did kick in, it's still good value, especially if you're buying products you cannot get in Thailand.

On 10/31/2018 at 5:05 PM, DrTuner said:

https://th.iherb.com/shipping

Luvly old customs department, may they burn in eternal hellfire.

nothing to do with customs, I had a order from iherb that took over 8 weeks to deliver and then one of the bottles was missing of course the most expensive item. A hole had been torn in the side of the package and the bottle removed. This package set in Germany for most of the 8 weeks and after I complained it was shipped around Germany and then back to the main wearhouse. I contacted Iherb and was given a big run even informed the package had been shipped to Thailand when it wasn't shipped. It really turned me off to iherb but if you want vitamins you have no other choice. Eventually got my package with one product missing. The post office requested that I pick it up as they didn't feel comfortable delivering the package. The package was sealed in a plastic bag to keep anything from coming out. The clerk says this is the way package arrived in Thailand and I believe him, do not think most Thais would know what prostate health would be as this is the only thing missing.. It doesn't really help to have tracking if your package is setting in a warehouse for 7 weeks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GARYZX6R said:

I just read it and it says they are still sending to Thailand with local post

As usual I think the real reason that shipments get confiscated is because of the express couriers that are in bed with Thai customs.

I had this week another bad experience with DHL, almost everything that is shipped by DHL are bad experiences actually, who blamed it on customs of course and they could do nothing about.

What they didn't know is that I have a friend that is very high up the DHL food chain, and as soon as I informed him customs had no interest any more

• Like 1

Been buying off them for years with no problems BUT lately this company has changed.

i have a few parcels gone missing and iHerb refused to take any responsibility. Customer support just responds with nonsense.

Contacted my bank, opened disputes and got my money back. IHerb could not care less.

1 hour ago, tropo said:

I added a few items on an order last week and the shipping cost ended up zero. Another order was $1.33 shipping. There are 2 shipping options, one of which could have been half of what you paid. There's "delivery by local post plus" and "delivery by local post". The only difference is that you don't get full tracking in the 2nd option. How could you complain about that when you consider how much you're paying for these products. Even a shipment cost of $8.33 is very cheap, and most likely you'll still save money on a similar product sourced in Thailand. You're also getting a 10% loyalty bonus on each order, plus an additional 5% discount if you buy 2. Last week they had an additional 10% storewide discount, so I got free shipping and 25% discount overall.

Most of my orders are over $46, and Thai duty has never kicked in. Even if it did kick in, it's still good value, especially if you're buying products you cannot get in Thailand.

Thanks for the feedback. I got mixed responses from iHerb customer service about shipping charges. One agent said they had eliminated free shipping to Thailand and then another replied on the same thread saying now free shipping requires a minimum $48 US order. I then put in an order for $52 and was charged $7 for post delivery with tracking (no track option was about half that). So they don't seem to know what their policy is. Still, I agree it is not that bad even with shipping, considering local alternatives, as long as some huge duty is not applied.

I have big problems with the Banglamung post office , a lot of delays lately . And now it's been 7 weeks since I placed the order at iHerb  .

I am sure the package is in Thailand somewhere.  

12 hours ago, tropo said:

I have never had a hold up with Thailand post. I have never had to pay duty, and never lost a parcel. 

Neither had I until my last order went missing. Never did turn up.

10 hours ago, BestB said:

Been buying off them for years with no problems BUT lately this company has changed.

i have a few parcels gone missing and iHerb refused to take any responsibility. Customer support just responds with nonsense.

Contacted my bank, opened disputes and got my money back. IHerb could not care less.

Surprised they didn't refund you. They refunded me as soon as I reported I hadn't received my parcel after 7 weeks.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Surprised they didn't refund you. They refunded me as soon as I reported I hadn't received my parcel after 7 weeks.

They have this funny silly policy, they will do once but if it happens again they just repeat to wait or to contact local post office

Past 6 months 3 parcels not arrived, tracking does not even show it reached thailand yet their response is to contact local post office.

18 hours ago, moe666 said:

nothing to do with customs, I had a order from iherb that took over 8 weeks to deliver and then one of the bottles was missing of course the most expensive item. A hole had been torn in the side of the package and the bottle removed. This package set in Germany for most of the 8 weeks and after I complained it was shipped around Germany and then back to the main wearhouse. I contacted Iherb and was given a big run even informed the package had been shipped to Thailand when it wasn't shipped. It really turned me off to iherb but if you want vitamins you have no other choice. Eventually got my package with one product missing. The post office requested that I pick it up as they didn't feel comfortable delivering the package. The package was sealed in a plastic bag to keep anything from coming out. The clerk says this is the way package arrived in Thailand and I believe him, do not think most Thais would know what prostate health would be as this is the only thing missing.. It doesn't really help to have tracking if your package is setting in a warehouse for 7 weeks

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, but it is just bad luck. To add some balance to your very negative assessment... I've been ordering from iHerb since 2013 and these days get 2 parcels a month (last month 4). Seldom has any parcel taken more than 2 weeks once shipped and the one time they sent the wrong item they immediately reimbursed me the full cost of it. Now there's an amazing coincidence here. The WRONG item that was sent was Now Foods, Prostate Support 180 softgels = about $28. I don't use it, but the item I ordered cost less than $10. 

17 hours ago, Canuck50 said:

Thanks for the feedback. I got mixed responses from iHerb customer service about shipping charges. One agent said they had eliminated free shipping to Thailand and then another replied on the same thread saying now free shipping requires a minimum $48 US order. I then put in an order for $52 and was charged $7 for post delivery with tracking (no track option was about half that). So they don't seem to know what their policy is. Still, I agree it is not that bad even with shipping, considering local alternatives, as long as some huge duty is not applied.

Every single time I order I have 2 shipping options. You need to scroll down a bit.

Here's an example:

1755928309_shippingoptions.jpg.13f3c6ca8c7d4c12e339bccf06ecb170.jpg

There are some items called "shipping saver" items, and when you order them the total price of your shipping is reduced. The more expensive shipping option is selected by default, so you'll need to change to the cheaper option.

The item in this example weighs about 1.14 kg, so that's a very good price for shipping from the US. Bear in mind we receive a 10% discount on every order as a loyalty bonus.

14 hours ago, balo said:

I have big problems with the Banglamung post office , a lot of delays lately . And now it's been 7 weeks since I placed the order at iHerb  .

I am sure the package is in Thailand somewhere.  

I use a mailbox to receive all my orders. They don't come through the Banglamung post office, but the post office near the Floating Markets past Jomtien. All international parcels come through there.

• Like 1

They refunded me the first package that didn't show up and then refused to refund the next one that also didn't show up.  Can't blame them really with no tracking at the time.

I moved to vitacost.com which is basically the same as Iherb and have had no problem in 5 orders or so.

I will go back to Iherb now though if they offer tracking.

Just now, ricklev said:

They refunded me the first package that didn't show up and then refused to refund the next one that also didn't show up.  Can't blame them really with no tracking at the time.

I moved to vitacost.com which is basically the same as Iherb and have had no problem in 5 orders or so.

I will go back to Iherb now though if they offer tracking.

Better you pay the more expensive shipping option if you're really worried. I go for the cheapest myself as it doesn't make much difference to delivery time and you don't really get much more useful info for tracking.

Here's an example of Tracking with the cheaper option (called Delivery by Local Post):

1741402834_LocalPostregular.jpg.44b099638e4b81c1030bebea0403b8bb.jpg

Here's an example of tracking by the more expensive option (Delivery by Local Post Plus):1047714849_Localpostplus.jpg.6b171564feebc3281300bec7686d8f4c.jpg

34 minutes ago, tropo said:

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, but it is just bad luck. To add some balance to your very negative assessment... I've been ordering from iHerb since 2013 and these days get 2 parcels a month (last month 4). Seldom has any parcel taken more than 2 weeks once shipped and the one time they sent the wrong item they immediately reimbursed me the full cost of it. Now there's an amazing coincidence here. The WRONG item that was sent was Now Foods, Prostate Support 180 softgels = about $28. I don't use it, but the item I ordered cost less than $10. 

No problem  really but I was in your shoes earlier this year never had a problem with iherb either and have been ordering stuff from them a bit longer than you have. Manily I was disappointed in their response to my complaint, without any real help other than a email a few days later your package is in Thailand with a number that was false. Went to post office we started looking package still in Germany, were it stayed another 4 weeks before being shipped out. I will say good luck hope all your packages arrive no problem but time will tell. Unfortunately we are caught in a hard spot as they are the best supplier of vitamins and herbs to Thailand. I bought a bunch of stuff while at home so will not need to order for a while