"Scouser" faces 10 years for Chiang Mai graffiti

webfact

As with many things Thai punishment is over the top, a fine and being black listed should suffice. There is historical Graffiti in Egyptian tombs and Roman catacombs, it has always existed, it seems to be human nature to want to leave your mark. When does graffiti become art i.e lascaux cave paintings or Banksy?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Total fools to do such a thing in a foreign country to an ancient structure, but 10 years? Seriously? 

Ten years is the maximum sentence for their crime . 

They wont get the maximum sentence , they will probably just get a fine  

• Like 1

It’s hard to have any kind of sympathy for them but the sentence is tough. They probably thought they would get treated the same as they would in the U.K. with a “naughty boy don’t do it again” type of sentence. Welcome to Thailand.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

A heavy fine, short stay behind bars (enough to worry them), community service "cleaning" until they are allowed leave, which would be after their current return flight departure date, so a more expensive one-way ticket would be needed to get home.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Total fools to do such a thing in a foreign country to an ancient structure, but 10 years? Seriously? 

That is the worst case scenario for these.
I believe that is intended for serious material damage to venerated sites.
I am hoping they are handed a hefty fine, and maybe suspended sentence and blacklisted for five years.
I suspect they would get the point, and probably satisfy the head hunters.

2 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

thats a girl? really or an over grown mummys boy thats never seen the light of day. Worlds a strange place nowadays... 

Yes, the accused include one male and one female. The female does appear on the butch side, for whatever relevance that has. (None.)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Yer,... it probably should have been longer....... but you take what you can....maybe their be tougher with the next one.

• Like 2

And no doubt the British Embassy will be bending over backwards to provide this Scouse git with whatever "consular services" he might require during any stay in the Bangkok Hilton - completely free of charge, of course.

While at the same time throwing those of us needing income confirmation letters to the wolves.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1