Forum upgrade in progress! ×

VDSL v Fibre

gaviny

3BB offers a 10/5 fiber plan. 

Personally, unless I had no other choice like due to wiring restrictions within the building I lived in or just couldn't afford much for an internet plan I would not get a plan slower than 50Mb.   4K streaming can require up to 25Mb and a 30Mb plan is probably going to struggle to get that speed internationally.

But as the OP question about which would be better for streaming, well, I expect the much faster 30Mb VDSL plan would be better than the slower 10Mb fiber plan.

image.png.18664cc29bfb35a393404231eb9ff43a.png

image.png.33b4f826f6e474cb7fc5dcda75e28ca0.png

3BB offers a 10/5 fiber plan. 

Personally, unless I had no other choice like due to wiring restrictions within the building I lived in or just couldn't afford much for an internet plan I would not get a plan slower than 50Mb.   4K streaming can require up to 25Mb and a 30Mb plan is probably going to struggle to get that speed internationally.

But as the OP question about which would be better for streaming, well, I expect the much faster 30Mb VDSL plan would be better than the slower 10Mb fiber plan.

image.png.18664cc29bfb35a393404231eb9ff43a.png

image.png.33b4f826f6e474cb7fc5dcda75e28ca0.png
Thanks mate I will go 100/30 Fiber then, ATM I'm on 30/10 VDSL .

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 minutes ago, Pib said:

3BB offers a 10/5 fiber pla

Poor man's internet.

Quite unique.

One never stops learning.

2 minutes ago, gaviny said:

Thanks mate I will go 100/30 Fiber then,

A sensible choice. More than enough for single private user.

Not to hijack the tread but I allow me a question about installation of Fibre from 3BB. I have booked installation but have no change to be at the condo when the technicians do the installation (Condo management will open door for them) Do I actually need to be there and /or do the technician need the computer planned to use in the condo?

Thanks

Felt

40 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Not to hijack the tread but I allow me a question about installation of Fibre from 3BB. I have booked installation but have no change to be at the condo when the technicians do the installation (Condo management will open door for them) Do I actually need to be there and /or do the technician need the computer planned to use in the condo?

Thanks

Felt

For the installation probably not, they will set-up the router with their laptop but if you want to choose your log-in account name and password for the router you should be.  There's no way I would let anyone enter my home without me being there, even condo management. 

I live about 20 km NNE of Surin and 1 km from the village where my connection originates I streamed Netflix US, US TV, BBC IPlayer, AUS 7 Plus and played online with my PS4 using 3BB 30/10 VDSL actually (35+/13+).  I never had issues with streaming quality.  I have 100/30 (125+/37+) Fiber now because the VDSL router had one bad LAN port and the shop had no replacements. I opted to accept their upgrade. 

4 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

For the installation probably not, they will set-up the router with their laptop but if you want to choose your log-in account name and password for the router you should be.  There's no way I would let anyone enter my home without me being there, even condo management. 

Thanks????

I live about 20 km NNE of Surin and 1 km from the village where my connection originates I streamed Netflix US, US TV, BBC IPlayer, AUS 7 Plus and played online with my PS4 using 3BB 30/10 VDSL actually (35+/13+).  I never had issues with streaming quality.  I have 100/30 (125+/37+) Fiber now because the VDSL router had one bad LAN port and the shop had no replacements. I opted to accept their upgrade. 
You know you get the the lot of Oz FTA ? It's on the Freeview app.

On 10/19/2018 at 3:25 PM, gaviny said:

Yes mate 30/10 VDSL was servicing 2 smart TVs and 3 mobiles with buffering occasionally when streaming Foxtel Oz so hopefully 100/50 Fiber will get rid of the bufferring.

Not necessarily. I was on ADSL 3BB and upgraded to 100/30 Fibre. I still get some buffering when watching BBC via a VPN. All down to signals coming INTO Thailand being throttled.

Archived