Bt5m of loud 'substandard' exhaust pipes seized

snoop1130

Bt5m of loud 'substandard' exhaust pipes seized

By Kornkamon Aksorndech 
The Nation

3a561bf548750c1b215e8d70fec621a4.jpeg

Police have seized 650 allegedly substandard products worth Bt5 million following a search of seven factories manufacturing exhaust pipes for Big Bike high-powered motorcycles across Bangkok, Traffic Police Division chief Pol Colonel Nitithorn Jintakanon said on Friday.

In response to complaints about Big Bikes' exhaust pipes making a lot of noise and disturbing the public, police set up checkpoints recently and rounded up 142 Big Bike motorcycles with noise levels exceeding 95 decibels, which is beyond the legal limit. 

The police investigation expanded to include checks on seven locations, he said, and officers seized 650 items from manufacturer Anon Kulsao and distributor Natthapol Doungpol. 

Police initially charged the former for manufacturing for sale the allegedly substandard products and the latter for distributing such products.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30356786

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-19

3 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

In response to complaints about Big Bikes' exhaust pipes making a lot of noise and disturbing the public

I am more annoyed with the scooters, the small Ninjas and the mSlaz that have been modified.

Really, these are the exhausts that should be removed.

By far these are the bikes disturbing the public.

I would of thought possession or production of these exhausts would be legal.what if your making them for race circuits,exports or for show bikes not going to be used on the road.even the sale of them could be legal as long as it was stated not for road use like many bike items in other countries.items like helmets,exhausts,tinted visors are sold in the uk with the warning not for road use but totally legal to manufacture and sell to the public.i might get one of these for my pcx.keep the soi dogs from attacking me.

I can't really figure out what these guys get off on, going down sukhumvit at 3am and probably waking up everyone in a 1km radius as they race down. It is not even that big a deal to me honestly, but I mean I do not even like fumbling with my keys in my apartment's hallway late at night. They are taking noise pollution to an entirely new level. It is like a fetish they have or something. Maybe they feel their lives are too unimportant, or who knows what. 

agree with the poster about the scooters,these young idiots tear around our town as fast as they can,making hell of a racket,if they are doing it to impress girls,it's not working as i rarely see a girl on the back.Also the mullam music shows ,i am about 1.5 kilometres away from a temple that had one the other night,noise kept me up until 3am,they must have turned it down,mate of mine who lives in town nearby said it went on until 5am this is very unfair on people living nearby. One reason i moved well out of town to a very quiet area,i just could not take the constant noise of funerals,monk parties,weddings,concerts,the final straw was last new year,4 houses around me had massive banks of speakers and started partying on the 29th,4 days of hell.

Not substandard, they just don't meet government noise restriction standards. I am sure the people who buy them are getting exactly what they are looking for in terms of noise and performance.

5 hours ago, mercman24 said:

well they can start on all those harleys with screaming eagle pipes,  especially in Pattaya, a guy (not even in my condo) i can here him start up. leave , return, its not even a sweet noise, just a bloody racket

You’ll find they are not fitted with screaming eagle pipes or any other high performance pipe, what I have noticed they have a blown exhaust manifold gasket, this creates the awful racket.

I live rawai phuket.... ive just come home after watching a rugby game at a bar on the beach front... every few minutes a bike screams past with a modified exhaust with mostly underage kids riding the bikes.... what would it take to have a policeman pulling these young unlicensed kids over and addressing the problem?? noise, no license, no insurance, underage +++++++++  They seem to concentrate on issues far less significant than what ive just mentioned.... many will say "thats just the way it is".... yes i understand that having been coming here since 1976.... but nothing is changing!!

11 minutes ago, pattayadgw said:

I live rawai phuket.... ive just come home after watching a rugby game at a bar on the beach front... every few minutes a bike screams past with a modified exhaust with mostly underage kids riding the bikes.... what would it take to have a policeman pulling these young unlicensed kids over and addressing the problem?? noise, no license, no insurance, underage +++++++++  They seem to concentrate on issues far less significant than what ive just mentioned.... many will say "thats just the way it is".... yes i understand that having been coming here since 1976.... but nothing is changing!!

Yes exactly what i mentioned earlier.

"I am more annoyed with the scooters, the small Ninjas and the mSlaz that have been modified."

Over the years when on the Sukhumvit around the time in the afternoon when school day ends these young kids are riding their scooters back home from school, as you say  "noise, no license, no insurance, underage, 2 or 3 passengers, no helmets" the police turn the other way, I am pulled over also the mother next to me with her baby on board.

This non-policing, surely sends the wrong signals, kids learn easily that they Rule on the roads if not challenged.

Big Problem here. 

Archived