Extention Of 'o' Visa - Proof Of 40k A Month

I entered thailand last september on a multiple 'non imm 'O' visa. I'm 41, my wife is thai, the marriage was in the UK, and registered at the local thai government office, we have three children all with dual nat. I was thinking at the time of application of extending using the 400K in the bank rule. It now appears that the emphasis is on a monthly income of 40K baht. With three kids I need close to this anyway ;-). The problem is how do I prove the income, It will be half from rental income (monthly) and the other half from dividends etc.. twice yearly; common sense tells me that it should be possible to show the immigration officer the yearly income and then divide it by twelve.

I have a gut feeling that its going to be far more difficult and I should forget it.

Someone tell me I'm wrong.

cheers,

Jubby

You will have to get a letter from the UK Embassy stating your income. What you have to show them I do not know. But some one will put you straight.

Thanks 'Lite Beer', has anyone any experience of showing proof of income to the UK Embassy ? I've only ever dealt with them once, a request for a 'marriage Visa' ; nine years ago, worst experience of my life, I generally avoid them like the plague ;-)

cheers,

Jubby

Thanks 'Lite Beer', has anyone any experience of showing proof of income to the UK Embassy ? I've only ever dealt with them once, a request for a 'marriage Visa' ; nine years ago, worst experience of my life, I generally avoid them like the plague ;-)

I've not actually done it yet, but last time I was there (Jan) I asked.

I have an offshore income. The nice man said a combination of the following would do the trick :-

Bank statements

Letter from my overseas employer or pension company

Employment contract

You need to show the same stuff to immigration along with the letter.

If you're showing a Thai income, you need the tax receipts, in this case I don't think you need the embassy letter (anyone confirm?).

You will have to get a letter from the UK Embassy stating your income. What you have to show them I do not know. But some one will put you straight.

cheers,

Jubby

I had my confimation letter of income from the UK Embassy with just 1 Western Union transfer slip and letter from my business stating my yearly gross income in Chiang Mai in December, i took all the slips i have had from Sept-Dec just in case but 1 is all they wanted. No problems or questions.

I had my confimation letter of income from the UK Embassy with just 1 Western Union transfer slip and letter from my business stating my yearly gross income in Chiang Mai in December, i took all the slips i have had from Sept-Dec just in case but 1 is all they wanted. No problems or questions.

How much do the Embassy Charge for the 'Service' ?