3AM BALCONY PLUNGE Brazilian DJ Ricardo Vilela fighting for his life after falling off third floor balcony at Bangkok airport ‘wearing only swimming trunks’

snoop1130

3AM BALCONY PLUNGE Brazilian DJ Ricardo Vilela fighting for his life after falling off third floor balcony at Bangkok airport ‘wearing only swimming trunks’

By Nicola Stow

NINTCHDBPICT000442607664.jpg

VIRAL PRESS / Medics treat DJ Ricardo Vilela at the scene after he plunged from a third-floor balcony at Suvarnabhumi International Airport today

A BRAZILIAN DJ is fighting for his life after falling from a third-floor balcony inside a Bangkok airport today.

Ricardo Vilela E Silva had been due to catch a flight at when he plunged to the ground wearing "only his swimming trunks" at 3am.

Staff at Suvarnabhumi Airport rushed over to the injured 31-year-old, who was given first aid at the scene.

Photographs show the DJ in a pair of black bathers, but it's not known whether he was wearing additional clothes when he fell.

Full Story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7527338/brazil-dj-ricardo-vilela-injured-fall-bangkok-airport/

Hard to comment on this one without more info.wierd though being at airport only dressed in trunks.hope he survives and lives to tell the tale.maybe some sort of prank gone wrong and I wouldn't think it was suicide as this guy seems to be in the prime of life.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Photographs show the DJ in a pair of black bathers, but it's not known whether he was wearing additional clothes when he fell.

Puts a different spin on the clothing part of the story.

Was the guy on some sort of drugs? Did they drug test him? That's the only logical explanation I can think of with him being in swimming trunks and diving off the balcony. Maybe he was on some sort of drugs and thought he was diving into a swimming pool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was talking to a man who’s career was investigating accidental deaths. He told me that in Thailand most balconies are 10-12 inches lower than the western worlds average. We, westerners, lean on rails without too much thought, ie. instinctively. We expect a certain height, but end up increasing  our chances of falling over. Over average tallness and of course drunkenness increase the chances of ‘flopping’ over.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rawnthai said:

I was talking to a man who’s career was investigating accidental deaths. He told me that in Thailand most balconies are 10-12 inches lower than the western worlds average. We, westerners, lean on rails without too much thought, ie. instinctively. We expect a certain height, but end up increasing  our chances of falling over. Over average tallness and of course drunkenness increase the chances of ‘flopping’ over.  

Yes, I have nearly done it myself a few times .

Just one step further away from the balcony , with your back to it , when you lean back , your body weight becomes top heavy and it would be easy to go straight over

• Like 2

He wasn’t due to leave till the 7th of December so what was he doing swanning around the airport in his trunks ?

Plus doesn’t say much for security either if he walked in like that and wasn’t spoken to before he got to the third floor . Very odd ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Was the guy on some sort of drugs? Did they drug test him? That's the only logical explanation I can think of with him being in swimming trunks and diving off the balcony. Maybe he was on some sort of drugs and thought he was diving into a swimming pool.

...Diving into a swimming pool, Or maybe thought he was Super Man but did not have a Blue Leotard to wear under his pants?

3 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

The rest of his clothes flew off in his flight...

why does it matter in the initial reporting of the story to report what he was wearing? That is for the investigation not the initial reporting...

the ability to write here is so amateurish... 

"the ability to write here is so amateurish..."

As is your ability to read the OP, it was written by The Sun, in London, not 'here'.

• Confused 1

Been a few 'falls' at the airport over the last couple of years..a Canadian and Irishman amongst them..We can judge and put in some smart arse comments but at the end of the day mental illness should not be taken lightly and peoples 'expert' opinions on here are just that..opinions wether educated or not!

• Like 1