Thai Visa Altered in Pen - Help

So I got a Tourist visa from a low level consulate in the US and it was written in pen instead of typed like i've gotten every other time.

Anyway, one drunken night a girl I've been seeing added a 2 in front of both the arrival and departure date because she didn't want me to go so soon.

The next morning I saw what she did and I crossed out the 2's but it obviously looks extremely sketchy.

My question is, what will happen at immigration?

Will they not even care because the visa is still the correct date when they scan it in the system?

Or will they question me, deny entry, and/or possible ban for tampering? 

The other option would be to wait until the visa expires, and then just enter on 30 days free. But even then, I feel like they'd take a look at the old expired visa right?

Please let me know your thoughts on what I should do. This is a really shitty position to be in and I don't know what my best course of action should be. Thank you!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheMysteriousMrTesla said:

Authorities the world over take a very dim view of attempts to forge/alter official documentation.

"Papers not in order" could lead to arrest, denial of entry, or even being made "persona non-Gratia".

Time to get a new passport, new visa and a new girlfriend.

thats what i was afraid of.

the thing is, i just got a new big book expedited passport, and i lost a passport a few years ago. i was doing some research and it said that if you lose your passport twice within 10 years that their could be an investigation and possible denial of passport. seems just as risky i think

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dumbfarang18 said:

yes that is what i meant sorry

Can you type in a example of the original altered dates?

Is it a single entry or multiple entry visa?

If it is a single entry visa I doubt a immigration office would have a reason to look at your visa again.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Can you type in a example of the original altered dates?

Is it a single entry or multiple entry visa?

If it is a single entry visa I doubt a immigration office would have a reason to look at your visa again.

single entry, issue - 9 sep, expires - 8 dec

the 2's were placed infront of the 9 and 8 to make it 29 and 28 and then the 2's were crossed out.

do you mean they wouldn't look at it if i enter after it expires?

3 minutes ago, dumbfarang18 said:

single entry, issue - 9 sep, expires - 8 dec

the 2's were placed infront of the 9 and 8 to make it 29 and 28 and then the 2's were crossed out.

do you mean they wouldn't look at it if i enter after it expires?

That change on a single entry visa really means nothing after you have already entered the country with it.

It is already useless for all intents and purposes since you have already used it. Does it have a used stamp on it done by immigration.

I cannot think of a reason for an officer to pay any attention to it after it has been used already.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That change on a single entry visa really means nothing after you have already entered the country with it.

It is already useless for all intents and purposes since you have already used it. Does it have a used stamp on it done by immigration.

I cannot think of a reason for an officer to pay any attention to it after it has been used already.

i have not tried to enter the country on it yet as im scared of how things will play out 

6 minutes ago, dumbfarang18 said:

i have not tried to enter the country on it yet as im scared of how things will play out 

Not sure what would happen. They may not pay in to any notice if you enter before the original date.

I probably would of left the alerted dates if I planned on entering after the altered date of issue.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, elviajero said:

The visa allows you to enter on any date before December 8th, so as long as you enter on or before that date you are still entering within the terms the visa was issued.

Whether or not an IO would spot the change or do anything about it is unknown. I certainly wouldn’t try entering after Dec 8th.

IMO the best advice would be to contact the consulate and get the date formally change back, or have the visa voided and a new one issued.

wait really? why wouldn't you enter after the 8th? you think it'd be more risky to enter with an unused visa?

ya, that seems like a good plan, i'll call the consulate on monday 

37 minutes ago, Crossy said:

My understanding is that our OP is not yet in Thailand so his visa hasn't been used at this point.

@dumbfarang18 is that correct?

33 minutes ago, dumbfarang18 said:

yes exactly crossy you are correct. any advice?

'Anyway, one drunken night a girl I've been seeing added a 2 in front of both the arrival and departure date because she didn't want me to go so soon." - So a drunken girl in your home country didn't want you to leave your home country and go to Thailand so early since you are still there? A non-Thai drunken girl in your home country?

5 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

'Anyway, one drunken night a girl I've been seeing added a 2 in front of both the arrival and departure date because she didn't want me to go so soon." - So a drunken girl in your home country didn't want you to leave your home country and go to Thailand so early since you are still there? A non-Thai drunken girl in your home country?

unfortunately yes

41 minutes ago, dumbfarang18 said:

wait really? why wouldn't you enter after the 8th? you think it'd be more risky to enter with an unused visa?

Because the visa, as issued, expires on the 8th. You gain nothing from the alteration by entering on or before the 8th; however, after that date you are using a visa that has technically expired and are trying to deceive immigration.

Once you’ve entered the country the visa is used and it’s expiry date is irrelevant.

• Like 1