Is my cynical view regarding Thai Banks repatriating funds out of date?

I've donkeys years of Swift transfers from the UK to the K-Bank with no problems.
Now I'd like to do the reverse. As I don't have access to the Swift section of my K-Bank internet account,

looks like a personal visit to the branch staff.

Well I've kept copy of my last inward transfers to the K bank (which obviously shows the source my balance)  
Also I have all the Swift stuff  e.g.
Bank Identifier Codes/ Agent bank = MIDLGB22, also router bank = NAIAGB21 and last but not least my  IBAN number: GBxx NAIA xxxx xxxx xxxx  xx. 

Now I'm very reticent to do this as I know many things do go wrong here due individual interpretation of protocol.

Murphy's Law being the result.

So IF the funds get stuck up there in the banking cloud and my UK account has not been credited a week later-----

How would you begin to unravel the mess in Thailand, where helplines are mostly unanswered and there is a lack of responsibility?

Is it just me?  Why do I need to even think about hand carrying cash on a flight home in 2018?  :mellow:

If the head office of your local bank accepts the transfer order, then my experience is that the funds are in the account abroad in 1 or 2 days. L

But you do need a valid reason to transfer funds out of Thailand over a certain amount; e.g. Purchase of something abroad, show invoice. Repatriation of I ncome from work, show workpermit and tax statements. Proceeds from the sale of property, show incoming bank paper when you transferred the money into Thailand and property sale documents. 

• Like 2