22 teens rounded up in Bangkok soi for road racing

webfact

22 teens rounded up in Bangkok soi for road racing

By The Nation

4DQpjUtzLUwmJZZPFhuIPQzM6ES6bttxz1Tw0J77Kw8j.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Police rounded up 22 teenage bikers planning to race on two Bangkok thoroughfares early Monday.

Police managed to corner the teens in Soi Suang Ngern, a dead-end alley, in Ratchathewi district and arrested them at 4:30 am.

Pol Lt Col Borwornpop Sunthornrekha, deputy commander of Phayathai police station, said the 17 males and five females, all between the ages of 14 and 20, has been arrested inside a residential compound.

Borwornpop said the young motorcyclists forced the gate to house and tried to hide inside.

Police seized 15 motorcycles, he added.

Borwornpop said police had spotted the group gathering at the Rong Krong Nam Intersection, apparently about to race along the Rama VI and Ratchawithi roads and pushed them into the soi to make the arrest.

He added that the group has made an appointment to race on two Facebook pages Nak Sing Klang Muang (City racers) and Pid Muang Ma Sing (Shut down city for racing).

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30356912

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-22

7 hours ago, webfact said:

17 males and five females, all between the ages of 14 and 20, has been arrested inside a residential compound.

Borwornpop said the young motorcyclists forced the gate to house and tried to hide inside.

Police seized 15 motorcycles, 

Happy I not living there 

but this youngsters bike racing with their noisy bike's are insane 

better racing shty bikes that can barely reach the speed limit than real bikes. Lets face it these guys probably never will have a real bike.

if the gov gave a sht they would have places to race everyday. Easier to piss and moan though i guess.

ive seen the way these idiots act on the roads and i hate to admit i have modified a few engines for these morons in my own machine shop and been to many devices ag events all over the country so one side of me feels a lil sorry for these kids. they dont know or have much and never will unless schools get a kick in the ass and this goes for the parents and police also. Role models here are arogent fat loud mouths. I mean seriously what chance do they have. These kids do have an interest and they do have a knowledge of these little engines. It sorta should be encouraged in a better way.

I have my own motorcross track on my own property and am too scared to use it because i had complaints before i ever used it. Im not hurting anyone nor would these kids if they had some morals booted in to em.

3 hours ago, Deli said:

They should not do that ! Arresting them.

Let the kids race and enjoy the bikes as many did, me too.

Yes you're right i did too in my younger days we could race on designated roads no hussle, no problems, no nuisance to the neighbourhood, tessaban can do the same

are these the kids who ride down sukhumvit at 330am at window shattering decible levels? i do not even consider myself an old fart complainer at all, i could care less. but someone needs to put their foot down on that one.

i mean thousands of hard working people are being woken up per second within about a one kilometer radius. there needs to be a task force. anyone who puts a stop to it should be a national hero. 

i use to live by Rama 4, they were a nightmare for years and nothing was ever done, started about 2 am. some people have to go to work, it was just one bloody big noise, it would go quiet,until they came round again. glad i am out of it

Archived