Overstay if immigration closes while you are in line?

3 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I doubt they'd give you a pass? It's your responsibility to renew within the correct timeframe. 

So if you're in line do they just say "Lol have fun paying the fine tomorrow CRIMINAL"?

• Haha 2

Other than stating obvious about it is better to not leave it until the last minute, I believe that if you are in this predicament, you may still be able to report at a police station instead.  Not sure what sort of reception you would receive there though.  

45 minutes ago, aussienam said:

Other than stating obvious about it is better to not leave it until the last minute, I believe that if you are in this predicament, you may still be able to report at a police station instead.  Not sure what sort of reception you would receive there though.  

You cannot get any form of extension of stay from a police station. There would no reason to go to a police station and it would be the last place you should go.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

I had this happen to me at Jomtien Immigration a few years back - all the visa paperwork was in order and I'd even applied several days before the visa expired, but for some reason by the last day the visa was valid they were unable to sort everything out.

I have no idea if their procedure is still the name now, but the IO simply scribbled a name and telephone number on my (dated) queue ticket and told me to come back first thing the following, go straight to the IO without queuing, and present my original dated queue ticket.

The IO said 'if police catch you, he call this number and you have no problem'

Yer right... right...  OK 

Once issued, the visa was dated to the previous day and everything else was sorted out satisfactory.

Hope this info helps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1