Thailand Tells Black People Don’t Come Here

webfact

Thailand Tells Black People Don’t Come Here

The similarities to Trump's immigration agency are hard to miss.

Written By Nigel Roberts

Thailand is not hiding its use of racial profiling to identify which foreigners its immigration enforcement agents are targeting for expulsion.

Authorities arrested more than 1,000 suspected visa violators in recent weeks under an operation called “X-Ray Outlaw Foreigners” that was originally launched in 2017 but has intensified, the Independent Online reported on Sunday.

“The suspicious targets are the dark-skinned people. First, we search their bodies, then we search their passports,” an official stated at a meeting before sending out about 75 officers on an evening round-up of more suspects.

This all sounds a lot like President Donald Trump’s immigration agenda, which views immigrants from countries across Africa, Haiti and Latin America (places he referred to as sh**hole countries) as less desirable than those from Norway.

Full story: https://newsone.com/3832864/thailand-immigration-crackdown-dark-skinned-people/

-- NEWSONE 2018-10-23

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This forum and others have continually expressed complaints about the listed subjects.

Many about their presence on lower Sukhumvit and elsewhere, male and female.

My experience with them has been verbal harassment and attempted drug sales.

So, sounds like the Thai government got tired of it and sent out the troops.

I can't vouch for accuracy (it was a long time ago), but I recall reading many years ago that China, in the 1400s, would not allow black men to enter their territory unless they were castrated and made into eunuchs first.

I recall seeing the futility of black people trying to hail a taxi in S Korea in 1990.

I recall chatting with Chinese people in Guandong in the late 90s who were emigrating to the US and they told me that their greatest fear was being killed by black people.

This is the Asian cultural legacy for black people.

Why would anyone be surprised that they are being unwelcome?

1 minute ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I can't vouch for accuracy (it was a long time ago), but I recall reading many years ago that China, in the 1400s, would not allow black men to enter their territory unless they were castrated and made into eunuchs first.

I recall seeing the futility of black people trying to hail a taxi in S Korea in 1990.

I recall chatting with Chinese people in Guandong in the late 90s who were emigrating to the US and they told me that their greatest fear was being killed by black people.

I have worked with many black American teachers here, and they were completely welcome. 

9 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I'm Black-American and I've been to the North, Northeast, South of Thailand and, I have been welcomed happily. So,.....There's that. The Northeast in particular has been VERY welcoming to me and, I appreciate their hospitality 

12 minutes ago, SoilSpoil said:

I have worked with many black American teachers here, and they were completely welcome. 

I am very pleased with your post, but I will stand by mine.

It has been my experience that when people judge others by the way they look, it often changes if/when they get to know to know them.

I do not think Thais/Asians are inherently bad people (just the opposite), I think they have little experience with black people and thus fear them irrationally. Sadly, it is often how humans react.

Happily, that usually changes when people get to know each other.

34 minutes ago, Darcula said:

How about Tiger Woods? Is that offer of Thai citizenship going to be renewed if he wins another major?

Doesn't count.

He's half Thai. ???? 

The hair growing wild on my backside is more Thai than Tiger.

????

Life travels & trevails have given me the ability to 'smell people' .. literally, First of all its their origin & & appearance & characteristics that come with it, then there is the interaction, feedback, communication & you start to get the abilty to make an initial judgement of who they are regardless of race or religion.

Read it, was dismayed. A USA-Trump hit.
Actually, the USA does has immigration laws on the books,
and they are tough. Just they have not been enforced for years.
Now seems the USA (Trump admin) is addressing this.
I lived in Thailand 35 years, returned to the USA with my family.
Spouse (Thai) and 3 children.
It was expensive to acquire a 'green card' for spouse,
whom is very well educated and we have assets.
She acquired her masters degree here and worked (CDC).
IMO the USA is following other nations, finally. About time.
Unlike Europe.
Illegals here are not just 'wet-backs' from Mexico.
Includes many whom don't leave
tourists and EDU students from many nations

This 'migrant caravan' approach from Honduran thru Mexico is not OK.

Raised in Wisconsin, worked and lived in Chicago, started an off-business in Louisiana. worked with many blacks especially in Chicago and Louisiana. I worked with blacks, socialized and drank with them. I can never remember having any problems with any blacks I have known or associated with. That said I did pick who I associated with and trusted, but that done by us all and with every person we meet. As I have gotten older I don't understand the divide forming between the races we never even thought about it when I was younger, they were Friends and Americans. I also see this changing in Louisiana now, sad to see. My home is in Bogalusa and family lives there safe and sound never any problems from locals. Things started to change after "Katrina" as usual the Government let them, us down. But life goes on and we sadly will leave these and other problems to the "Younger Generation" to sort out. Are they up to it?, I hope so, they need to review history and see why and how things worked in the past. They can work now if everyone works together, but sadly no one even knows "How To Talk to Each Other Anymore", Families don't have dinner together and talk any more like we did. I don't know where it will end, bring back the 50's and 60's those were the times and things worked! Life is Good, but our Values seem to have changed!

I know a couple of black guys, a few Muslims, Indians, and others and I have no problem with any group of people because of their skin color, origin, religion, etc.

At the same time I have eyes and ears and see what is happening in my area. I live in lower Sukhumvit and there are many black (I think mostly African) guys who hang around, doing nothing, and when you come near to them there is a good chance they try to sell you drugs.

I don't think any white guy ever approached me to sell me drugs.

So when we see lots of black guys who sell drugs it's likely that the police see them as well. And likely the police does not see any white guys offering drugs at the same area.

So is it racist if police see these suspicious guys and check them out? I think not and I am happy for once the police is doing something to fight crime.

1 hour ago, Samui Bodoh said:

It has been my experience that when people judge others by the way they look, it often changes if/when they get to know to know them.

I do not think Thais/Asians are inherently bad people (just the opposite), I think they have little experience with black people and thus fear them irrationally. Sadly, it is often how humans react.

Your first post had nothing to do with 2018 or 2017 or anywhere close to present day. Then a REAL posters story comes along from this year and tells a REAL nice compliment to the Thais. So just keep standing by your 1990’s and 1400’s stories. 

2 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

But they will not get to know each other if they are banned from coming here.

2 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

I don't think the over sensitive racial trump card will be taken serious he re.  African drug dealers and hookers down Sukhumvit are a total menace. 

I'm not sure you can describe the hookers as a menace other than they would be targets for police to pick them up for illegally working. The drug dealers a different story. The issue is whether too many people are being wrongly targetted and is there any evidence of this?

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I know a couple of black guys, a few Muslims, Indians, and others and I have no problem with any group of people because of their skin color, origin, religion, etc.

At the same time I have eyes and ears and see what is happening in my area. I live in lower Sukhumvit and there are many black (I think mostly African) guys who hang around, doing nothing, and when you come near to them there is a good chance they try to sell you drugs.

I don't think any white guy ever approached me to sell me drugs.

So when we see lots of black guys who sell drugs it's likely that the police see them as well. And likely the police does not see any white guys offering drugs at the same area.

So is it racist if police see these suspicious guys and check them out? I think not and I am happy for once the police is doing something to fight crime.

There is a lot in what you say, and it is a fair approach to the affair. 

However the presence of these people, and their activities, have been allowed, and probably facilitated by the same authorities for several years. That's where the real scandal lies, not in " racial profiling".

2 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

All of the above is true but surely we must look to motive.  Why are so many people in just about every country afraid of them or dislike them.  We must look at what they have done to cause this distrust also.  Where there is smoke there is fire and where there are people of this ethnicity there are scams.

Archived