Thailand Tells Black People Don’t Come Here

webfact

2 hours ago, hobobo said:

At least Trump didn't mince his words when he expressed his sentiments: "Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?"  Beat that, Prayut!

Prayut may be many things but he is not as classless as Trump.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Which reads as, "they have done what I would have done and I fancy myself as intelligent".

The use of profiles as commonly occurring as skin colour have long been demonstrated as being too vague to be useful as they mislead investigators and cost valuable time, as well as of course introducing an existential threat to the investigation as a whole by creating animosity between the public and what they will naturally see as racist policy. 

Well, thanks for the back handed compliment on my good self judgement.  The rest of your response is obvious to all including the RTP and regrettably, largely unavoidable.  Just carry a copy of your PP & visa at all times and if you are suntanned, don't loiter in one pace too long.   It is not a perfect world!!!

4 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

I'm sorry, but I take exception to your definition. I took the trouble to look it up.

Wiki: Racial profiling is the act of suspecting or targeting a person of a certain race on the basis of observed or assumed characteristics or behavior of a racial or ethnic group, rather than on individual suspicion.

Dictionary.com: The use of personal characteristics or behavior patterns to make generalizations about a person, as in gender profiling. The use of these characteristics to determine whether a person may be engaged in illegal activity, as in racial profiling.

National Institute of Justice: Racial profiling by law enforcement is commonly defined as a practice that targets people for suspicion of crime based on their race, ethnicity, religion or national origin. Creating a profile about the kinds of people who commit certain types of crimes may lead officers to generalize about a particular group and act according to the generalization rather than specific behavior.

Oxford Scholarship: Racial profiling is defined as the use of race or ethnicity, or proxies thereof, by law enforcement officials as a basis for judgments of criminal suspicion

Yes, nothing there that says anything contradictory to what I said.

2 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Well, thanks for the back handed compliment on my good self judgement.  The rest of your response is obvious to all including the RTP and regrettably, largely unavoidable.  Just carry a copy of your PP & visa at all times and if you are suntanned, don't loiter in one pace too long.   It is not a perfect world!!!

If in doubt, post more self appreciations.

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

Yes, nothing there that says anything contradictory to what I said.

There's nothing in these definitions that supports your 'definition' that they use racial profiling BEFORE a crime is committed. That would not be consistent with the definitions at all. The definitions infer quite the opposite.

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

This forum and others have continually expressed complaints about the listed subjects.

Many about their presence on lower Sukhumvit and elsewhere, male and female.

My experience with them has been verbal harassment and attempted drug sales.

So, sounds like the Thai government got tired of it and sent out the troops.

I find it hard to criticise a country over who it wants to be there. All countries should have this right.

It might trouble our modern thoughts but if a group, even based on colour, regularly offends why not target them?

Seems fair to me.

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I can't vouch for accuracy (it was a long time ago), but I recall reading many years ago that China, in the 1400s, would not allow black men to enter their territory unless they were castrated and made into eunuchs first.

I recall seeing the futility of black people trying to hail a taxi in S Korea in 1990.

I recall chatting with Chinese people in Guandong in the late 90s who were emigrating to the US and they told me that their greatest fear was being killed by black people.

This is the Asian cultural legacy for black people.

Why would anyone be surprised that they are being unwelcome?

Thanks for explanation.

Perhaps Thailand should look at its own consular and immigration departments if there are so many undesirables in-country. Or are the borders so porous these guys are walking in, by the thousands?

In my experience in Thailand I have come across many, many more Thai criminals, of course but next it is hands down Caucasians that scare me here. Particularly the Russian mobsters on holiday from crime.

So far as I can see there is only a problem in central Bangkok with black criminals, so is it not just one more example of a lazy, corrupt police force, blaming anyone but themselves?

After a long time I kind of got used to the stigma of living in a 'perverse country', but now I find it hard to accept living in a nation making race its official policy.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

This all sounds a lot like President Donald Trump’s immigration agenda, which views immigrants from countries across Africa, Haiti and Latin America (places he referred to as sh**hole countries) as less desirable than those from Norway.

Hmm, why are so many people desperate to leave those countries? Is it because they are wonderful and offer so many opportunities? Or is it because they are indeed, sh**holes? Venezuela is especially nice if you would like to eat some fresh zebra from the zoo.

12 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

There's nothing in these definitions that supports your 'definition' that they use racial profiling BEFORE a crime is committed. That would not be consistent with the definitions at all. The definitions infer quite the opposite.

Its not about before a crime is committed, I never said that, I said, before a crime is known, they do not know something about who committed the crime, what race in this example yet they profile people of a race they believe more likely to have committed it.  Which did fit rather well with everything else I wrote, you could have noted that my example of racial profiling included a crime already known to have been committed.

16 minutes ago, Billthekiwi said:

I find it hard to criticise a country over who it wants to be there. All countries should have this right.

It might trouble our modern thoughts but if a group, even based on colour, regularly offends why not target them?

Seems fair to me.

The offending group should be the target, not all people of the skin colour of the offending group, that is the issue and the issue of quite a lot of innocent black people the last time they did this.  You have to wonder how white people would react should their skin colour be declared the target in an investigation targeting white criminals in Thailand, a group that keeps producing rather serious criminals such as murders, organized crime gangs, pedophiles, pimps, drug dealers and thieves, it is clear from the news that this is not a black issue but an issue with Thailand's perceived lawlessness and the scum that notion attracts.

What more can we expect now that a blatant racist has been given the job of chief of immigration? We’re all the same people worldwide, never mind black or white or any other color in between, we’re all born the same way and die. There’s good and bad in every one of us no matter the color or where someone is from.

4 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

...and maybe we should just treat people based on their individual behavior. :thumbsup:

Of course, but it is also the situation that a certain group is operating open drug trade in BKK And the police should be cognisant or ignore that scenario?

1 hour ago, Johnnyngai said:

Thais need to learn that political correctness is just as important.

thai's already have their own style of political correctness; graeng jai . it limits confrontation as well as critical thinking and free speech.

pc in the west includes unanimity of speech and thought, a similar chilling concept. 

Just now, Falcon said:

What more can we expect now that a blatant racist has been given the job of chief of immigration? We’re all the same people worldwide, never mind black or white or any other color in between, we’re all born the same way and die. There’s good and bad in every one of us no matter the color or where someone is from.

Yes, but the guys running public sales of drugs in BKK are not a random group of individuals.

2 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Many illogical remarks here,,,,,,,\

Searched body,,,, clean no sign of drugs,

checked passport has valid visa

Bye have a good day in Thailand

It has happened to me twice & I am WHITE

What do you think that has to do with immigration's comment on their current policy?

14 minutes ago, Falcon said:

it don't depend on Race but on class

Archived