Thailand Tells Black People Don’t Come Here

webfact

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who ever is the writer is an idoit!! Trump did not start racial profiling. There is reason why they are racial profiling. It's about economics. Most Africans are poor and have no intentions of going back to their Crappy country. Ok idoit! Who wrote this artical!!

If that's the area where most of the crime is occuring then IMHO the Thais are right to target that sector. The British police also identified the problem and tried to remedy it by "stop and search", but that was nipped in the bud by the various left-wing, PC groups. I'm sure if the black peoples' papers are in order, and they aren't committing any criminal acts, then they have nothing to fear. This is more a case of finding where the problem mainly exists and committing precious police resources to it, instead of wasting them where it's not needed just to appear PC. The Thais don't tend to do PC thank goodness.

3 hours ago, MisterDM said:

I'm Black-American and I've been to the North, Northeast, South of Thailand and, I have been welcomed happily. So,.....There's that. The Northeast in particular has been VERY welcoming to me and, I appreciate their hospitality 

You are the exception, not the rule. Of course decent people of colour like you would be welcome and treated well.

But those that come with ill intent and hang out in likely areas of crime, stick out like a sore thumb and deserve to be treated in a suspect manner.

No matter a persons colour, Thailand is right to eject the undesirables.

Enjoy your life in Thailand and keep on setting a good example.

They see what we all see, vicious crime, street gangs, most street crime, drugs There is hardly a day goes past when European, UK and USA news involves black people. We know that white people act the same, but, in most cases, they mimic the blacks, Hoodies etc, street slang. Then locally they read about romantic scams, have the sight in Bangkok, of them hanging around and offering drugs. And their women dressing as out and out street whores. Why wouldn't they feel threaten? I too have meet and have black friends, some of them also teachers. but, sadly they are but, a few. A young fit black man who spends his days hanging around certain areas in Bangkok isn't up to any good, and thats 100% certain!

5 hours ago, webfact said:

This all sounds a lot like President Donald Trump’s immigration agenda, which views immigrants from countries across Africa, Haiti and Latin America (places he referred to as sh**hole countries) as less desirable than those from Norway.

At least Trump didn't mince his words when he expressed his sentiments: "Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?"  Beat that, Prayut!

13 minutes ago, tonysilly said:

Most Africans are poor and have no intentions of going back to their Crappy country. Ok idiot! Who wrote this article!!

Really! poor eh! but, they managed to put together the cash to fly here! stay here! and have you seen the number of Nigerians, buying thousands of baht of clothing etc.,  to take back to there "crappy" countries?Most wouldn't come here for a holiday as it just as hot in their own country, and it's vast full of different areas to visit cheaply. With the foods they like. Less restrictions. They come here for specific reasons.

Tiger Woods is Black american/Thai, not African, He has American money supporting him to do his trade, now his cash is his own. and he also showed his Black american roots, as he has cocked up his own relationships, by not keeping his balls tucked away in his bag! If a 100% Thai golfer had the backing and raised up in the game he would be forgotten very quickly. But just look at the stars of Thailand. how many are not 50/50, sponsor by farang or rolling in cash?

This topic was always going to bring out the racists. That's fine that they're targeting the drug dealers on Sukhumvit, but they are also targeting the established communities of traders and people who have legally lived here a long time. A few weeks back they did a sweep near a mosque on black people after prayers had finished. I'm pretty sure everyone was found to be legally in Thailand. Are they going to sweep down Soi 7 and 8 Pattaya to check all the white expats in the same manner?

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

This forum and others have continually expressed complaints about the listed subjects.

Many about their presence on lower Sukhumvit and elsewhere, male and female.

My experience with them has been verbal harassment and attempted drug sales.

So, sounds like the Thai government got tired of it and sent out the troops.

People here have expressed complaints about the drug dealers on Sukhumvit who happen to be black, not black people in general, that is the astoundingly simple difference that you failed to grasp.

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

This forum and others have continually expressed complaints about the listed subjects.

Many about their presence on lower Sukhumvit and elsewhere, male and female.

My experience with them has been verbal harassment and attempted drug sales.

So, sounds like the Thai government got tired of it and sent out the troops.

I totally agree.  It is nothing to do directly with discrimination.  The headline is mischievous and puts a P.C. slant on the contents of the news item.  Thailand has a huge problem with people who are illegally here and the new boss of immigration is addressing that. 

As the article says, it is called profiling and it is a logical way of identifying possible criminals or suspects.  It is even used by Immigration officials (surprise surprise) in every country (in particularly the body language component) every single day, to notice if the person looks unduly nervous, sweating or agitated etc at the counter. 

Thailand is actually telling people, including us "Farangs" (not to be confused with "Foreigners") to not overstay and/or enter informally.  Note the large percentage of Cambodians & Burmese, caught, who are not (particularly) black, but Thai Immigration knows how many of those are overstaying if not the number (and it is considerable) who arrived by an informal means.  

They have done what any intelligent person would do knowing, how many thousands of overstayers are here right now.  Knowing that and the countries they (mostly) come mostly from, they then look for those people.  So they will be targeting people such as Africans, Middle Easterners, South Asians and Chinese.   How many blond, blue-eyed Swedes have they found?   What percentage of overstayers are North European/Scandinavian, anyway?  

I have already been disciplined by a Mod. for using the common term for this sort of thing so I will just say it is a stupid and pointless article trying to create excitement by reporting events in a selective and mischievous manner. 

Good on them.  In with the good (like me, and I hope "you"; and out with the bad.    Keep, up the good work.  There are many more to find.

2 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Thailand is actually telling people, including us "Farangs" (not to be confused with "Foreigners") to not overstay and/or enter informally.  Note the large percentage of Cambodians & Burmese, caught, who are not (particularly) black but Thai Immigration knows how many of those are overstaying if not the number (and it is considerable) who arrived by an informal means. 

Wrong, if they were looking to target overstayers and people here illegally, the first and most logical stop would be to sweep through the hundreds of building sites which employ Burmese and Cambodian workers. Not to be rounding people up based solely on the colour of their skin. 

Race is a fascinating thing in Thailand. I have a dear friend who is a half black American man. Super nice guy. Smart, charming, and single. He does struggle with the women in Thailand, due to his darker skin. Mind you, he is a light skinned black man. But he still looks ethnic, and he is pigeonholed often. Alot of women are just not interested, due to his skin color. So, there is a fair amount of worship of white skin going on here. Many of the people of Issan are more open to him, due to their own skin color, but there still seems to be an inate preference for light skin. The whole Bangkok hi-so thing is beyond ridiculous. A very conventional mentality.

The bottom line, is that the culture is hypnotized by television. Nearly every single individual on TV, who has any money, status or power is light skinned. And what is up with the half this, half that stuff? Seems like nearly every star is half European. 

3 minutes ago, SammyT said:

Are they going to sweep down Soi 7 and 8 Pattaya to check all the white expats in the same manner?

Here's the funny thing, most White expats are here because the are law abiding and left their own countries, because the 'Bleeding hearts" let anybody in, Pushing us to go where we are welcome and has so continue to follow the rules. Remember the do gooders in Europe insisted they come in only to have themselves abused, the children raped, because that what they do in their own countries. Sure a lot are insecure after years of work and the values reduce, so spend their time relaxing, getting drunk, but, dying of their own choices and not being smashed to the ground for their pocket change and left to die in a hospital corridor. nor able to pay for a beer or a packet of ciggies, or afford the fuel to drive to visit families and friends! or have to line up for free food handouts, nor pay for heating! while the 'person leaving next with 8 kids, and other relatives get every thing and its all done written in Somalian, and dealt with a nigerian customer service officer 

1 minute ago, SammyT said:

Wrong, if they were looking to target overstayers and people here illegally, the first and most logical stop would be to sweep through the hundreds of building sites which employ Burmese and Cambodian workers. Not to be rounding people up based solely on the colour of their skin. 

My casual scanning of news items indicated that they were doing that sort of thing.  Don't ask me which news items I have read!   I imagine once they have got over more serious job of looking for people who are also breaking other laws, beyond just the immigration ones, (obvious "foreign" drug dealers, prostitutes, con artists fake teachers and alleged call centre operations); they will be doing even more of what you suggest.  

10 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

Here's the funny thing, most White expats are here because the are law abiding and left their own countries, because the 'Bleeding hearts" let anybody in, Pushing us to go where we are welcome and has so continue to follow the rules. Remember the do gooders in Europe insisted they come in only to have themselves abused, the children raped, because that what they do in their own countries. Sure a lot are insecure after years of work and the values reduce, so spend their time relaxing, getting drunk, but, dying of their own choices and not being smashed to the ground for their pocket change and left to die in a hospital corridor. nor able to pay for a beer or a packet of ciggies, or afford the fuel to drive to visit families and friends! or have to line up for free food handouts, nor pay for heating! while the 'person leaving next with 8 kids, and other relatives get every thing and its all done written in Somalian, and dealt with a nigerian customer service officer 

No, that's not why most of us are here you bizarre fantasist, most of us are here for the beaches.

2 hours ago, JAG said:

There is a lot in what you say, and it is a fair approach to the affair. 

However the presence of these people, and their activities, have been allowed, and probably facilitated by the same authorities for several years. That's where the real scandal lies, not in " racial profiling".

Different subject and one brought about (largely but not exclusively) by a different branch of the RTP.

"Big Joke" for his next position as overall Thailand Police commissioner in two years????????

16 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Race is a fascinating thing in Thailand. I have a dear friend who is a half black American man. Super nice guy. Smart, charming, and single. He does struggle with the women in Thailand, due to his darker skin. Mind you, he is a light skinned black man. But he still looks ethnic, and he is pigeonholed often. Alot of women are just not interested, due to his skin color. So, there is a fair amount of worship of white skin going on here. Many of the people of Issan are more open to him, due to their own skin color, but there still seems to be an inate preference for light skin. The whole Bangkok hi-so thing is beyond ridiculous. A very conventional mentality.

The bottom line, is that the culture is hypnotized by television. Nearly every single individual on TV, who has any money, status or power is light skinned. And what is up with the half this, half that stuff? Seems like nearly every star is half European. 

They are being prepped by the Chinese.

5 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I can't vouch for accuracy (it was a long time ago), but I recall reading many years ago that China, in the 1400s, would not allow black men to enter their territory unless they were castrated and made into eunuchs first.

I recall seeing the futility of black people trying to hail a taxi in S Korea in 1990.

I recall chatting with Chinese people in Guandong in the late 90s who were emigrating to the US and they told me that their greatest fear was being killed by black people.

This is the Asian cultural legacy for black people.

Why would anyone be surprised that they are being unwelcome?

So ignorant. Nothing learned in Trump's land.  

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I know a couple of black guys, a few Muslims, Indians, and others and I have no problem with any group of people because of their skin color, origin, religion, etc.

At the same time I have eyes and ears and see what is happening in my area. I live in lower Sukhumvit and there are many black (I think mostly African) guys who hang around, doing nothing, and when you come near to them there is a good chance they try to sell you drugs.

I don't think any white guy ever approached me to sell me drugs.

So when we see lots of black guys who sell drugs it's likely that the police see them as well. And likely the police does not see any white guys offering drugs at the same area.

So is it racist if police see these suspicious guys and check them out? I think not and I am happy for once the police is doing something to fight crime.

I do not live in a 'suspect' area ( where drugs 'n gals are openly available etc ). The post here seems to illustrate exactly the reason for the preponderance of ID checks going by racial profiles. Is it warm and fuzzy ? Undoubtedly not, but when faced with such a large undertaking go for the biggest group - I think the Thais are correct in some areas of policing/immigration controls.

This is not too say that I agree with the level of bureacracy which is perhaps to perpetuate the level of staff numbers. Empire building is the term - it would be wonderful to see some streamlining to facilitate the laborious processes.

Another start being made, so hopefully it will be carried forward to achieve and maintain ' happiness for the people'.

28 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

Remember the do gooders in Europe insisted they come in only to have themselves abused, the children raped, because that what they do in their own countries.

I'm pretty sure most countries worldwide have significant child abuse problems with or without immigrants and refugees. Trying to paint them as the only ones who abuse children is a bit of a stretch and gives your xenophobic viewpoint no credit.

Do I need to dig out all the stories of western paedophiles arrested in SE Asian countries to prove it even further?

4 hours ago, Tailwagsdog said:

Life travels & trevails have given me the ability to 'smell people' .. literally, First of all its their origin & & appearance & characteristics that come with it, then there is the interaction, feedback, communication & you start to get the abilty to make an initial judgement of who they are regardless of race or religion.

To more simply paraphrase you, if you understand human nature and psychology it's not hard to size people up with a few basic clues. EVERYONE gives off clues, and they don't know it. You just have to know them when you see them. Crooks, scammers, and scumbags all use a variation on the same tried and true bag of tricks. 

Archived