Pick up VN visa 4pm 24th. Fly 25th. 1 day overstay?

Hi, 

Delay on Visa from VN embassy. I can collect at 4pm 24th (my Thai visa expires 24th) but might be queue. Worst case I leave at 5pm.

Back to Condo close by. 15 minutes. Get baggage. All mad rush and stressful. Book flight hotel etc... 

Last flight to Hanoi is 7.05pm.

If I'm in taxi at 5.30pm and in rush hour might not make it for check in. 

May take an hour. 6.30pm.

Thoughts? 

I'd rather take the 11am flight the next day. 1 day overstay. Leave home at 8am. 

Scared of risks of being stopped etc... 

Could you advise? 

Thanks, 

Paul

If leaving from either airport in Bangkok you will not be fined 500 baht for less than 24 hours of overstay.

The only risk is getting caught on the way to the airport but showing a ticket out of the country should eliminate any problems.

To save all the rushing around and the overstay you could apply for an extension at immigration, pay 1900 baht and be granted 7 days to leave the country after it is denied.

35 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If leaving from either airport in Bangkok you will not be fined 500 baht for less than 24 hours of overstay.

The only risk is getting caught on the way to the airport but showing a ticket out of the country should eliminate any problems.

To save all the rushing around and the overstay you could apply for an extension at immigration, pay 1900 baht and be granted 7 days to leave the country after it is denied.

Thanks @ubonjoe

I don't have time for a massive wait at chang wattana. And I'm due in VN for business 25th.

Ill have the ticket printed and take the risk. Will be 8am I'll head off. Presume most police won't be doing roadblocks at that time... 

Thanks as ever for your advice. 

P

Edited by Paulinho
Typo

Even if you were stopped by the police — if you’re on the way to the airport and have booked flight — they are not going to arrest you. You might risk (very low) being extorted by a corrupt opportunistic cop, but the authorities do not prosecute people on short overstays, especially someone on a one day overstay who’s on their way to the airport.

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

Even if you were stopped by the police — if you’re on the way to the airport and have booked flight — they are not going to arrest you. You might risk (very low) being extorted by a corrupt opportunistic cop, but the authorities do not prosecute people on short overstays, especially someone on a one day overstay who’s on their way to the airport.

Thanks for that. 

P