Explosive device found at home of George Soros - New York Times

webfact

Explosive device found at home of George Soros - New York Times

2018-10-23T041904Z_1_LYNXNPEE9M076_RTROPTP_4_EUROPE-MIGRANTS-SOROS.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Business magnate George Soros arrives to speak at the Open Russia Club in London, Britain June 20, 2016. REUTERS/Luke MacGregor/File Photo

(Reuters) - An explosive device was found on Monday in a mailbox near the New York home of billionaire financier George Soros, a favourite target of right-wing campaigners in the United States and eastern Europe, the New York Times reported, citing police.

Authorities responded to the home in Katonah, New York after they received a call about a suspicious package at about 3:45 p.m., the Times reported.

“An employee of the residence opened the package, revealing what appeared to be an explosive device,” police said in a statement to the Times.

The employee put the package in a wooded area and called police. Bomb squad technicians arrived and detonated it, a police official told the New York Times.

Soros was not home at the time, the Times reported.

(Reporting by Brendan O'Brien in Milwaukee; Editing Simon Cameron-Moore)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-10-23

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some background on the background of Soros demonization. Of course most people demonizing Soros know EXACTLY what they're doing.

Some of the posts here advocating the murder of Soros are SICK, SICK, SICK!

But no surprise to anyone that knows history.

Demonization of Soros recalls old anti-Semitic conspiracies

"This narrative about Soros as an evil presence started with Russian President Vladimir Putin, and it is spreading," said Jacek Kucharczyk, a sociologist and director of the Institute of Public Affairs in Warsaw. "It is a witch hunt that is being promoted by authoritarian right-wing populists."

"And there is an undertone of anti-Semitism behind it. Because he promotes liberal values, has a Jewish background and is a billionaire, he is the perfect figure for explaining to hard-core voters why the world is the way it is," he said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-4506942/Demonization-Soros-recalls-old-anti-Semitic-conspiracies.html

Just now, Jingthing said:

You post in such a dishonest way that it isn't even funny. You accused me of shutting things down. That is a total lie but you're too week to admit your game. I reminded people of something obvious, about the roots of Soros demonization and it's place in the history of antisemitism (the traditional Christian based kind that comes from RIGHT WINGERS, white nationalists, etc). You can find thousands of sources. Don't play your stupid insult the sources game with me. Really, if this is the low level you want to discuss this, just don't bother me again. 

I'm sure Mr Soros would be grateful to learn that he still has at least one friend in the world. Keep up the good work.

29 minutes ago, Emdog said:

There are some truly mentally ugly people on this forum.

Yes indeed, threads like this bring the ugliest cockroaches out of the woodwork as is evident by a couple of the posters spewing their filth in this thread. 

The world would be a better place without them.

2 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

I'm sure Mr Soros would be grateful to learn that he still has at least one friend in the world. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, sure, because giving money to liberal causes to try to make the world a better, fairer, and less racist place is such a horrible thing.

Just now, Jingthing said:

Yeah, sure, because giving money to liberal causes to try to make the world a better, fairer, and less racist place is such a horrible thing.

Not sure that destroying the pound in 1992, the baht five years later and latterly pouring zillions into trying to reverse the UK's decision to leave the EU can be said to have made the world a better, fairer place. 

One thing that's for sure is that they have made an already wealthy and powerful man even more so. Sheer coincidence, of course.

He manipulates & destroys the economies of countries for profit....He still wants to pick the biggest plum off the tree....

Given his history, I'm surprised he is still breathing......

The "bomb" in a mailbox never, ever had any chance of getting to him.....It's either a whack job or a publicity stunt.....

2 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

He manipulates & destroys the economies of countries for profit....He still wants to pick the biggest plum off the tree....

The "bomb" in a mailbox never, ever had any chance of getting to him.....It's either a whack job or a publicity stunt.....

Everything's a conspiracy theory. One wonders how Soros demonizers manage to sleep at night. 

It's curious that the right wing whackos obsess about Soros yet ignore the right wing financiers much richer than him. Let's consider what is different about Soros? Hmm. :coffee1:

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Demonization of Soros is thinly veiled code for antisemitism. 

Nonsense! People just don't like billionaires trying to change the world to suit themselves! Using your logic, the anti trumpers are also antisemitic? Besides, modern Jews are not Semites they're Caucasian, the Arabs now,  they're Semites! No?

Nonsense! People just don't like billionaires trying to change the world to suit themselves! Using your logic, the anti trumpers are also antisemitic? Besides, modern Jews are not Semites they're Caucasian, the Arabs now,  they're Semites! No?
I won't dignify that ridiculous post with a reply but it is yet another example of the intellectual level of the Soros demonization agenda.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Soros worships money..he cannot get enough of it.
He is one of a powerful group who has access to the senior brussels eu jobsworths..eg junkard..tusk..barnier etc.
Still trying to work out which eu country he represents
People like him are part of the reason 17.4 million British people voted LEAVE.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think Soros is a very unpleasant individual but the hatred seems to stem from his politics rather than his immoral business practices. By all means demonise those who give capitalism a bad name but dont simply cherry pick according to bias. Anybody who hates Sorus but loves Trump , for example , is both a fool and a raging hypocrite.

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Demonization of Soros is thinly veiled code for antisemitism. 

That's the trolliest thing you have ever said here.

Soros has spent a lifetime screwing with the system for his own twisted purposes. He is in the top of the charts of things that are wrong with this world. His game is destabilization and scooping up the spoils. I despise him, but I didn't know or care that he is Jewish

That's the trolliest thing you have ever said here.
Soros has spent a lifetime screwing with the system for his own twisted purposes. He is in the top of the charts of things that are wrong with this world. His game is destabilization and scooping up the spoils. I despise him, but I didn't know or care that he is Jewish
I do not believe you but nice try.

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I won't dignify that ridiculous post with a reply but it is yet another example of the intellectual level of the Soros demonization agenda.

I have no idea what the motivation is in the US but in the UK Soros is revilled for the way he organised the run on Sterling back in the day.

I pretty much agree with you on most things but my view is that he is simply an unscrupulous person , his religion or nationality doesn't come into the equation.

His charitable work may seem admirable but in effect he has robbed Peter to pay Paul , many ' little ' people have suffered at his hands.

52 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I do not believe you but nice try.

You have proposed a major logical falacy in your first post. You can't just drop everyone with a beef against Soros into anti Semite column. There are very few Jewish people I dislike. I have never had a problem with a Jewish person. What do you say about Jews who hate Soros?

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

Soros worships money..he cannot get enough of it.
He is one of a powerful group who has access to the senior brussels eu jobsworths..eg junkard..tusk..barnier etc.
Still trying to work out which eu country he represents
People like him are part of the reason 17.4 million British people voted LEAVE.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, because that will keep people like Soros out of the UK:cheesy:

I have no idea what the motivation is in the US but in the UK Soros is revilled for the way he organised the run on Sterling back in the day.

I pretty much agree with you on most things but my view is that he is simply an unscrupulous person , his religion or nationality doesn't come into the equation.

His charitable work may seem admirable but in effect he has robbed Peter to pay Paul , many ' little ' people have suffered at his hands.

You don't get it. He's demonized by right wing nationalists for his left wing politics and he's used as a rich Jewish punching bag for every cockamamie racist conspiracy theory in the book. Right now the racist "trump" fans are accusing Soros of paying the poor Central American wannabe asylum seekers. That's particularly twisted given how 'trump" is milking those images to stir up racist fear before the midterms. Why would a left winger pay to give "trump" propaganda. Do some research. About the he's demonized by the far right in Hungary for example.

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You don't get it. He's demonized by right wing nationalists for his left wing politics and he's used as a rich Jewish punching bag for every cockamamie racist conspiracy theory in the book. Right now the racist "trump" fans are accusing Soros of paying the poor Central American wannabe asylum seekers. That's particularly twisted given how 'trump" is milking those images to stir up racist fear before the midterms. Why would a left winger pay to give "trump" propaganda. Do some research. About the he's demonized by the far right in Hungary for example.

That may be so but my point is that there are plenty of people who dislike him for reasons other than anti semitism .He is not a nice person !

Archived