Dead customer found in septic tank as shop owner vanishes

snoop1130

Dead customer found in septic tank as shop owner vanishes

By The Nation

ed0c7d94f4c78fa4f374b825771c1698-sld.jpeg

Police are hunting for the owner of a food shop in Bangkok’s Lat Krabang district, after the body of a frequent customer was found there.

Prasit Inpathom, 61, usually visited the shop to drink with a relative of the shop’s owner. 

“After he did not return home we came to check for him at the food shop, but it was closed,” one of Prasit’s relatives said. 

Police were then alerted. After a careful search, they found Prasit’s body in a septic tank. 

The autopsy showed Prasit was hit in the head with a blunt object, had six knife wounds to the body and another to his left arm. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30357012

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-23

3 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

RIP, pretty surprising that they found the corpse.

I agree, there must have been some reason why they suspected foul play. Also, not sure if his body would have been floating, I guess so. Horrible incident. So many tragic tales here with people just incapable of settling confrontation without resorting to such extreme violence. I mean it would take a lot to cave someones head in and stab them multiples of times, I can't think of a situation where I would lose it enough to do such a thing. RIP poor fella..

2 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

I am wondering how he ended up in septic tank ,most types here have only a small portal for sucking the shit out rest is concrete and sealed well at least mine are,possible chap was whippet slim  and perpatrator managed to stuff him down there.

Most septic tanks in our village are made with meter wide round concrete pipes, with a flat meter wide top.

substantial coverage on Channel 7 this morning. The owner of the shop was a few years older than the victim, 68 yo. The murder weapon was displayed by the RTP forensics team, one of those long knives for hacking rice/grass etc. 

TV reporters interviewing relatives of the victim, all v sad.

15 minutes ago, colinneil said:
18 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

I am wondering how he ended up in septic tank ,most types here have only a small portal for sucking the shit out rest is concrete and sealed well at least mine are,possible chap was whippet slim  and perpatrator managed to stuff him down there.

Most septic tanks in our village are made with meter wide round concrete pipes, with a flat meter wide top.

Yes, we have the same metre-wide concrete rings.

Looking at the picture however, gives me the impression it's probably the large spherical plastic tank type, showing the top of the tank with the cover removed. Bottom right-hand corner of the picture looks like the circular tank cover itself.

It wasn't necessary to liquidise the deceased to get him into the tank.

29 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

The news photograph clearly shows the size of the pit access. The lid is also shown laying nearby .????

21 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Who really cares about the diameter of the septic tank... if that's all you can make a comment on best to stay quiet !!

A man has been murdered... that's the important thing here !

I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were a mod.

Do we need to pm you in advance to avoid any more erroneous comments?

5 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were a mod.

Do we need to pm you in advance to avoid any more erroneous comments?

A simple click on the news report would make the whole conversation about the tank entrance moot as there is a picture showing it. 

7 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Septic tanks can be used as water tanks too. So that means they can Always be entered for cleaning or reparing if needed.

Archived