October 24, 20187 yr Insurance is due end of next month, just got a reminder through, quoted at 23k, seems high to me or is this about right? 1st year was free when bought new. Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
October 24, 20187 yr Think you should take a look at the coverage that was included in the free insurance, and what you get now. The free insurance usually is more limited
October 24, 20187 yr I have used this online broker for the past 2 years ... https://misterprakan.com/en/car/car-insurance-thailand You can compare prices from different companies (I use Viriyah).
October 24, 20187 yr Author 4 minutes ago, chickenslegs said: I have used this online broker for the past 2 years ... https://misterprakan.com/en/car/car-insurance-thailand You can compare prices from different companies (I use Viriyah). Nice one - thanks for that.
October 24, 20187 yr About right I would think. I did have the chance of using Viriyah they were cheaper than the one I ended up with, but I don't like the local repair place they use. My one cost 26th but I got a reduction of nearly 6th as I did it named driver only. As other have said depends on the cover you get.
October 25, 20187 yr Author 12 hours ago, fredob43 said: About right I would think. I did have the chance of using Viriyah they were cheaper than the one I ended up with, but I don't like the local repair place they use. My one cost 26th but I got a reduction of nearly 6th as I did it named driver only. As other have said depends on the cover you get. Thanks for the info.
October 25, 20187 yr I use tesco brokers renewed my Pajero insurance 18000, over 1 million coverage and no excess.
October 25, 20187 yr Author 27 minutes ago, MINIMIGLIA said: I use tesco brokers renewed my Pajero insurance 18000, over 1 million coverage and no excess. What year? I only pay 11K for my Parejo sport now, 2011 model.
October 25, 20187 yr Fill in the form in English online with Roojai.com and see what they come up with...
October 25, 20187 yr 5 hours ago, transam said: Fill in the form in English online with Roojai.com and see what they come up with... Five hours and no responses? They've either fallen off their rockers in shock or roojai's sign-up rigmarole is excessively long.
October 25, 20187 yr 23k is about right but if you try AXA you'll reduce the cost to around 14K, try Peter at AA Insurance Brokers in Pattaya, he's long term tried and testing on TVF.
October 25, 20187 yr Author 25 minutes ago, simoh1490 said: 23k is about right but if you try AXA you'll reduce the cost to around 14K, try Peter at AA Insurance Brokers in Pattaya, he's long term tried and testing on TVF. Do you have an e-mail address for Peter? Thanks.
October 25, 20187 yr 15 minutes ago, JaiLai said: Do you have an e-mail address for Peter? Thanks. Do you not have Google?
October 25, 20187 yr Author 1 minute ago, wgdanson said: Do you not have Google? No mate, never heard of it, what's it do? Muppet!
October 25, 20187 yr 4 minutes ago, JaiLai said: No mate, never heard of it, what's it do? Muppet! You could find Peter at AA Insurance Brokers in Pattaya, or you could find the various insurance quote sites and find yourself a bargain. Who's the Muppet? Edited October 25, 20187 yr by wgdanson
October 25, 20187 yr 23 minutes ago, JaiLai said: Do you have an e-mail address for Peter? Thanks. http://www.aainsure.net/
October 25, 20187 yr 1 hour ago, NanLaew said: Five hours and no responses? I just got an email answer in 5 minutes.
October 25, 20187 yr A particularly nasty and offensive post has been removed, as have response to it. 7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
October 26, 20187 yr 22 hours ago, JaiLai said: What year? I only pay 11K for my Parejo sport now, 2011 model. 2016
October 26, 20187 yr On 10/25/2018 at 4:46 PM, simoh1490 said: 23k is about right but if you try AXA you'll reduce the cost to around 14K, try Peter at AA Insurance Brokers in Pattaya, he's long term tried and testing on TVF. I should think the only way to do that would be to have a whopping great big excess and or very low other coverage - in fact not sure it could be done for 1st Class. A 2017 top of the range Fortuner will still have a value in excess of 1.2 million. I have Axa (but no excess) on a 7 year old truck and that is over 12k......... Be very interested to hear how it could be done for 14k.
October 26, 20187 yr 10 minutes ago, topt said: I should think the only way to do that would be to have a whopping great big excess and or very low other coverage - in fact not sure it could be done for 1st Class. A 2017 top of the range Fortuner will still have a value in excess of 1.2 million. I have Axa (but no excess) on a 7 year old truck and that is over 12k......... Be very interested to hear how it could be done for 14k. you have to use AXA designated repair shops rather than dealers. It's still classified as first class insurance and the excess remains quite low. Edited October 26, 20187 yr by simoh1490
October 26, 20187 yr 20 minutes ago, simoh1490 said: you have to use AXA designated repair shops rather than dealers. It's still classified as first class insurance and the excess remains quite low. I do, and via AA, but no excess. When I have had quotes for several cars it never made more than 3/4k difference in the premium but if you have managed it then hats off
October 26, 20187 yr 2 minutes ago, topt said: I do, and via AA, but no excess. When I have had quotes for several cars it never made more than 3/4k difference in the premium but if you have managed it then hats off In truth, I may think twice about using that approach on a new vehicle but my Vigo is now six years old and it seemed to make sense.
October 26, 20187 yr 13 minutes ago, simoh1490 said: In truth, I may think twice about using that approach on a new vehicle but my Vigo is now six years old and it seemed to make sense. I have just done a dummy quote with Roojai on the Fortuner and you may be right as it came out with a 5k excess for less than 13k - with reasonable coverage but no idea of the actual insurer. I am very surprised.
October 26, 20187 yr As said previous go for just two named drivers and you will save quite a lot. Also check the amount that the other person can claim ... having just 2M thb isn't much is it ... our cars have 5M ... write someones Merc off and you will get a big bill ,,,,,
October 26, 20187 yr Withe regard to the vehicle in the OP, any quote greater than 18k is a serious leg-pull IMHO.
Create an account or sign in to comment